Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: Should I confront my gf on her locked phone or just leave?

DN - You're right!! LOL...however I think picking lotto numbers is more like being psychic!! I think trusting your gut is more like you know how a certain situation SHOULD feel, and it just doesn't feel how it should. Humans are the only species on earth that blatantly ignores their natural sense of fear. If a deer 'feels' scared, it runs away! If a human feels scared, it usually stays anyway!

I have learned that people I liked at first, and even some who I thought were good friends, turned out to be people I should have avoided and others, that I didn't particularly like, turned out to be close friends.

So now I reserve judgment until I have got to know them and been able to observe behaviours over a period of time. This takes rationality rather than just emotion - (emotion is another word for 'gut instinct'.

Your analogy about humans staying when scared as opposed to other species doesn't really stand analysis - if it did rabbits would run the world instead of being fairly low down the food chain.

You are a good woman.....I truly believe if he is doing all of those things that "spoil" you...he is a good man and just didn't want to hurt you with the whole "ex" thing.....As a man....fear of hurting the one they love is big...IMO... I think you both will be fine....if he is thinking marriage with you then his heart and mind are in the right place.....I would maintain your stance and continue observing becuase at the end of it all....you and your feelings must come first, but on the flip side, always keep in mind that he has feelings too so don't over do it.....Crazy....aside from two other posts from men...you have been the best one thus far....probably becuase we are going through the same thing.....it was a quiet night at home last night.....she did talk with me for a while and stated that she understands how I feel, that is fine with me, I let her know that I am in love with her and if she serious about a long term relationship with me, then she needs to start acting as such,,,,,I let her know it won't work out if its 80/20.......it has to 50/50 or zero.....she was quiet becuase she saw how serious I was.....we hugged eachother and she told me that she knows she has a lot to work on for herself and the betterment of our love.....I left it there.....I just told her that I don't expect change overnight nor do I expect anything from her at all. This is something she has to decide on her own....that will truly show me if she is serious about being with me.....so I will be patient .....Ive never loved anyone like I love her......Be well. and success to you and your BF....

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    I can tell you right now if you expect relationships to be 50/50 all the time you are in for a lot of heart ache, because they are not. 50/50 in all situations is a big myth someone thought up and then people perpetuated. No wonder so many people in relationships are unhappy. Life is never 50/50. Sometimes some one give 90% and the other 10% and then the 10% person gives 60% in the next situation. As long as there is some equality of effort over time and there is no " I gave 60% here so now YOU have to" bean counting going on.
    Last edited by ~Seraphim ~; 04-20-2012 at 11:20 AM.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Give Advice
Ask For Advice