My boyfriend is cheating on me and my heart is broken.

Tashi14

He's been my boyfriend since august 2011 and hes the best thing ever. Hes really mature and smart and he really listens to me, my own parents are too busy fighting to pay me any attention so hes the one thats been there for me. I want everyone one to know how much i love him and how much he means to me but sadly i cant because he can get in trouble. i'm 14 and he's 26, some people might think its wrong but its just ignorance. I'm a very smart person, i am well read, i read all of the twilight books in one summer and thats really hard to do because the last book is really big. I've also read a lot of other books, i hope to be a writer one day, i write everyday mostly short stories. I also look older then 14. Once when i went out to dinner with my parents and the waitor asked me if i'd like red or white wine. lol I think people evolve so a 14 year old now is different then a 14 year old 50 years ago thanks to stuff we're exposed to now. so please don't tell me i'm too young to be with him. i get that its illegal but so is downloading free music.

I feel like i can be with him forever but i think he is back with his ex girlfriend again even though he tells me he isn't. I used to see him 4 to 6 times a week but lately ive only been seeing him once or twice a week. I think hes getting bored with me, we don't go out we only stay in his house so we won't get seen together. there's only much we can do but i've suggessted that we hang out in a different city where people wont recongized me but he doesn't think thats a good idea. i just hope he still loves me the same because im completely in love with him, he was my first. It sucks that society is so unaccepting of relationships like us but i'll do anything to make this work. I would die if he goes back to his ex girlfriend, but why wouldn't he they can show pda in public and do things that normal couples do. he hasn't texted me in two days not even to say happy new years, i hope its not over. what do i do?

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Aside from the fact that it's clearly illegal.. It doesn't seem as though he was that invested in your relationship to begin with.

He doesn't take it into consideration of how you feel and what you want to make it work.

Perhaps, he is back with his ex girlfriend?

Honestly hun, if he hasn't texted you already, I would take that as a cue to move on.

Yes, you may want to believe that you're a lot older than your age, or possibly look even older, but the fact still remains that the relationship isn't healthy.

Regardless of your age or what the relationship meant to either one of you, it sounds like he's decided it's over and the unfortunate truth is you can't do anything to change his mind if his mind is made up.

The best thing you can do now, is show how mature you really are and do not chase him or beg/plead to see him. Let him go.

Yes the age gap is wrong but whatever. Either way he is distancing himself from you and that NEVER is a good sign. What makes you think he is with the ex?

And don't go to different cities so you don't have to hide, you only do that because you know it is wrong that you are together. If you thought it was ok then you would want to be with him in public. But in my opinion hes not interested in you, maybe for some 'fun' but not in a serious way.

Then as much as it sounds like he can't be bothered with you anymore, he will probably come around when he wants sex.

Tashi, as mature as you are, you will not be as mature as someone who is 26. The way you live, the things you hav learnt are just too far apart. Sorry.

Right now, you just have to take care of yourself and not put any of your self-worth in the way he treats you.

Tashi, you can.. Really you can. Yeah its not easy but it is totally possible.

It's tough when you have feelings for somebody and I don't care if your 14 or 34, it hurts when you realise that they don't want to be with you anymore. But I assure you, trying to change his mind will only result in more heartbreak for yourself! You're allowed to be upset, cry, go somewhere and scream, beat your pillow! But you will be okay!

Then as much as it sounds like he can't be bothered with you anymore, he will probably come around when he wants sex.

Tashi, as mature as you are, you will not be as mature as someone who is 26. The way you live, the things you hav learnt are just too far apart. Sorry.

Right now, you just have to take care of yourself and not put any of your self-worth in the way he treats you.

That was really sweet but hes not using me for sex, hes not that type of guy. hes one of the nicest guys i've ever met.

This isn't a relationship, this is a 26 year old man taking advantage of a 14 year old little girl.

He's not taking advantage of me, i'm not a stupid girl if he was i'd know. I get it i'm 14 but i'm wise beyond my years in some ways im more mature then he is.

If he was that nice, he wouldn't be constantly hiding you. Secondly, he doesn't take you anywhere, and last he hasn't gotten in contact with you as of yet.

Have you been trying to get in contact with him? Has he been avoiding you?

He doesn't even have the audacity to let you know that it's over. If he really cared about you, he would at least say something instead of having you wonder what's going on.

He's not taking advantage of me, i'm not a stupid girl if he was i'd know. I get it i'm 14 but i'm wise beyond my years in some ways im more mature then he is.

Well I think he's pulling away because he knows he can-not ever have a proper adult relationship with you. And that's a technical statement because you are only 14 so don't take it the wrong way. If anything, you'd have to be kept a secret, and maybe he's just sick of keeping it.

At 14 you should be worried about school, discovering yourself and not holding yourself to a 26 yr old. Sorry to say, but do your parents even know about this?

If he was one of the nicest guys you ever met, then he would not sleep with you or even kiss you. In fact he would be repelled that he would even take advantage. I imagine either someone has caught on to his activity or someone else has come his way.

If he was that nice, he wouldn't be constantly hiding you. Secondly, he doesn't take you anywhere, and last he hasn't gotten in contact with you as of yet.

Have you been trying to get in contact with him? Has he been avoiding you?

He doesn't even have the audacity to let you know that it's over. If he really cared about you, he would at least say something instead of having you wonder what's going on.

I texted him once and usually he replies back right away. after that i didn't text him again. i'm afraid that he might tell me something i don't want to hear.

Where's Chris Hansen when you need him... Tashi think about it this way, if a close friend of yours came up and asked you for advice about her 26 year old boyfriend who ignores her what would you tell her? What would you advise if this 26 year old is with his ex but keeps your friend as a side for when hes bored? What would you advise if that 26 year old does everything in his power to keep that relationship a secret?

Archived