"Get used to it, people are always going to say that about you.."

MyNinja

What up, ya'll!

I realize I've been posting in this particular forum for a few of my past posts, lol.

I feel so comfortable coming here and putting up my stories, I love all the different responses I get from different people. It helps me to see my situation in a very different light and in the eyes of the members here. Getting advice from a neutral party gives me the best prospective of my situation.

I just have a quick question. If someone you know comes up to you and says, "I know you are small, but it looks like you lost more weight! You waist and your hips look smaller. I don't know, you just look skinnier!" After that is said, you go to someone you confide in and tell them that the other person's comment was a bit offensive and what they think about the comment. They say, "Oh, well you're just going to have to get used to it. People are always going to say something about your weight being they aren't as small as you."

By the way, this just happened to me. I don't really know how to take the response I got. I understand that people are always going to talk and may not realize they are being rude/offensive and that I should just ignore them, but it seems she said also that I better be prepared for all sorts of comments from people as if I'm just some oddity and people can't help but wonder why "i'm so skinny". I kind of sense she agreed somewhat with what the person said. She has that right, but I'm just not seeing what they are seeing.

I know I may be reading way too much into this, but I am always getting something said about my weight. I'm not anorexic by any stretch of the imagination. I am a healthy weight given my current height and all.

5' 7" ish 120lbs. I checked my BMI and I'm somewhere around 17. I figured from that that I'm technically "underwieght" by around 15-20lbs. I don't look anorexic at all and I have a good fat-to-muscle ratio for a female. I've always been on the thin side. I get this from my dad's side of the family. I eat normally and I have very regular menstrual periods, so I'm not malnourished or anything.

Didn't you have issues with your parents/family members constantly giving you a hard time about it? Or was that someone else?

Face facts, women would kill to be 5' 7" 120 pounds. Most of that flak is coming from insecurity on their part. If it's family members, I've seen it happen in mine as well. My brother is overweight and my mother used to nag him incessantly about it, it kind of put a rift between their relationship.

The thing is, underweight by a little is MUCH more rare than someone is overweight by a little.

It was/is my family, yes. I know I posted about something similar to this awhile back. It's friends of my sister as well.

It just comes out of nowhere. It's not like they haven't seen me before. It seems they just feel the need to say something about it almost every time we have an encounter. It gets annoying as hell after awhile, lol.

Archived