Will it get better???

L24

Im forever thinking of her. It kills me inside. The knowledge that they dont want to be with me. i tried everything but it wasnt enough. Heartbreaking...

been months now... Stil miss her. Still want to be with her. Im trying to believe it will get better. But I feel so alone right now. Has left a huge void. Ive been told by everyone not to contact her. Would only hurt more. Which im trying to do.

I just cant see loving someone else.. seems so unreal. Being happy again even. I need to be happy being on my own and single again, I know this. But the hurt of whats happened and longing for the person is so hard.

What can I do? Will it ever get better?

Everyone hurts after a break up. It's pretty much unavoidable.

BUT the good thing is, it WILL get better and you will heal completely.

If you think about it, life is actually good if you can just stop thinking about her.

Block/delete every mode of contact, enjoy life.

It will, I'm going through the same thing. My wife decided quite suddenly this summer that she would rather be with someone else. I have my good days and bad days, I thought like you do that I would never heel. She was my life, my world, I couldn't imagine going on without her. But slowly, very slowly I've started to heel. I can start to see signs of a life without her. When people would tell me that this would happen, I would think "no it won't for me! you just don't understand!!!" But here I am five plus months down the road, and getting better! Like I said I still have my bad days, yesterday was one, but it's usually because of contact with her. Listen to what people tell you, if at all possible no contact is the best for you!!

I've been there, a long time ago. Complete agony. I never thought I'd see the light at the end of the tunnel to be honest. But one day I just started to feel better. I have a post that helped me a lot when I first came here, which I reposted at that time:

i thought i was well on the way to recovery from my ex (who i adored) after nearly 3 months, but the more i think about xmas, and the more i see xmas stuff everywhere, i feel like i'm going backwards

every mention of xmas feels like a small stab wound to my heart, by the time i get there, i just hope i'm not a wreck!

It really does get better. Over time you will realize that the relationship was not so special anyway and neither are they, if they could simply walk out on you like that. They are replaceable.

You just have to stop putting her on a pedestal...stop focusing on what you once had...and start focusing on the fact that if she chose to live without you then she is nothing special to you because a special person would not walk away from you.

It will get better. I was in your spot months ago. I went from mad and sad to denial and hurt. And now Im accepting the fact that he walked out on me and Im now in control. You will go through different feelings and emotions. You shouldnt want to be with a person that doesnt want to be with you. Months, maybe years from now I hope you find someone who you can give all that love & attention to. Healing takes time. I agree with Arwen..that post really helps. I read it and I recommend you do it too. Hope you can move on. Breakups are never easy, but one day you'll see a light at the end of the tunnel.

Yes, in time it does get better for the vast majority of people. The key is, you have to want to heal from this and take steps to make it happen.

Because, for whatever reason, some people choose to let a lost relationship ruin their life. They wallow in the hurt and despair for the rest of their lives. I'm sure we all know at least one person who has been stuck on an ex for years. Don't be that guy.

It really does get better. Over time you will realize that the relationship was not so special anyway and neither are they, if they could simply walk out on you like that. They are replaceable.

You just have to stop putting her on a pedestal...stop focusing on what you once had...and start focusing on the fact that if she chose to live without you then she is nothing special to you because a special person would not walk away from you.

+1,000,000. im just past 5 mths now, and to be frank, i couldn't possibly care less. im finally ok with being single! again, "they are replaceable".

Archived