LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Friends with Benefits post breakup

Bronze Member
    No. After all, I was the one that dumped her. I have no right to force her back after all I caused her. If I feel like it, I may suggest it and see what happens. I may consider it if she mentions it as well. But I am not living with this idea in mind.

FWB just doesn't work out so pretty, one person always wants more then the other and that person ends up hoping and not getting what they want while the other person is. Unless both parties are completely honest with themselves, it wont work. Had my experience of being the one who wanted more and the one who didn't. When I was the one who wanted more, I resented the other person and myself. I was giving more of myself while the other person held back. When I was in the other person's shoes I finally understood. I just wasn't mentally or emotionally willing to give my all. I ended up feeling guilty. So it's a lose lose. Mentally exhausting.

Agreed. Not easier for her.

Platinum Member
    Bad idea.

If an ex really still had the feelings they claim they do, they'd still be in the relationship.

But some keep up FWB because it's a great arrangement for them - convenient, no-strings sex. They aren't in it for the same reason the dumpee is.

In my experience, fwb being a good thing is a hit or miss. I had one when i didnt feel anything for the guy. I loved the concenience that i was getting some regularly and not havw to do gf duties.
    In this one that im in where im the one wanting more, it sucks big time. Its like ik addicted to him and having a hard time walking away. I regret letting this go on for a long time now (going 6 yrs). Little by little im convincing myself that its not doing me good. The only thing thata good is the sex but other stuff, very crappy.

Fwb sucks!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Give Advice
Ask For Advice