Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ★ I'm about make a life changing decision. I could really use some advice.

do not make any big decisions in grief. clear your head for the meantime then do the leap.

Platinum Member
    i know someone who did what you are considering....except it was Waikiki. SHe went over as a Canadian with no money. Anyway, she ended up working in a store for close to $20/hour with no visa and ended up marrying a guy. Apparently the pay is much higher due to high prices. And, everyone in all the big end retail stores on the strip were either American or Canadian.

She loves it and would never come back. Yes she has a roommate, due to high rent, but things like going to the beach are free. She lives in her flip flops. No one really wears suits, just shorts and flip flops. She does yoga, eats healthy and looks amazing when I went to visit her.

Go for it! You only live once. There are tons of Japanese tourists who are very polite and seem to not have suffered from the recession

Just do it!

Alright. I think I am going to do it. Even my family is sounding supportive. It's been a dream of mine to try it. Not to live there permanently, but to try it out. I picked out flights, even a return flight a few months down so that will be reserved.

Please keep the comments going.

Hey DD, when your venture needs sales, call me up. I have been a director of sales and operations for years and all in the Internet industry, one startup. Plus I have a few of my own ventures. Surprisingly how satisfying it is to work free when it's your own venture.

Gold Member
    Originally Posted by Jordan5571
    Hey DD, when your venture needs sales, call me up. I have been a director of sales and operations for years and all in the Internet industry, one startup. Plus I have a few of my own ventures. Surprisingly how satisfying it is to work free when it's your own venture.
    Haha! Well if it kicks and goes viral in this town like we expect it to, we'll be looking for franchisees/licensees in cities, regions, and nations around the world. Intrepid self-starters could do very well out of it.

I think im going to do it. The ticket price is 678 round trip with Hawaiian and it includes 2 checked bags free and waived few for changing flights. To get those features it's about $100 higher (originally 577).

She just left. She was here for 6 hours packing. It's amazing how she looks at me and talks to me like I am a friend. NOthing like how she used to look at me. Still calls me babe and boo. Kissed me when she said goodbye but It was just a peck on the lips out of habit. Yesterday when she came by to drop off boxes, she hugged me for a while and starred at me when saying goodbye. It's like every time we see each other she pulls more and more away. This sucks.

When she was here yesterday, when she was hugging me, she asked if I want her to stop contacting me (she knows I went NC with my last ex). I told her yes, I will need my space after this is taken care of (the move). So I guess she is prepared for me to not talk to her for years. That makes me really sad to think she can handle that.

Ohhhhh. I did say something to her. I said, "hey just curious, did you tell ______ what happened between us?" this is her close friend the one she is staying with. she said yes. I then said "cool, then maybe one day, you don't have to now, but maybe one day fill me in too. Because I still don't know what happened. Last I knew you were confused and something was missing that you could t put your finger on.". She hesitated understood and walked back in the room to pack. Nothing more was said. Would it be so wrong to explain to me why our relationship ended? Maybe I could learn from it. I just keep telling myself that she is a unfaithful, spoiled brat who I caught lying and that this is a godsend. I truthfully don't know that she was unfaithful, but I did catch her lying about where she was. Is that wrong how I planted the seed?

What sucks is that her mom reads into everything and when my ex told her mom Not to come, she read into that as she wants to spend time alone with me. Then she calls me to give me pointers. I was nice, friendly, bought her an extra wardrobe box, I brought in pizza (with her fav topping). Wasn't expecting her to look at me like that.

This is so hard. Anyway I didn't tell her about Hawaii. Part of me fantasizes about her coming to her senses after a while of NC and askes to see me. Then I will explain she would have to fly to Hawaii for that because I'm not leaving the beach. I hope no one tells her. I foolishly told more than a few people, including her mom.

Oh yeah one more thing happened. Her good friend, the one she is staying with, stumbled upon my online dating profile. I saw her on my visitors. I'm a little embarrassed and I hope my ex doesn't find out. Either way I just disabled my account. I have come to realize I was trying to force myself to get out there to help me recover. But what I really need to do is just absorb, reflect, and work on improving myself. Starting with getting back into shape. And starting with Hawaii.
    Last edited by Jordan5571; 11-27-2011 at 11:26 PM.

Go for it. You only live once.

[B]Guess what? I just booked it. I leave for Maui on the 9th. Ticket paid for.

Bronze Member

Awesome Jordan!! I'm about to do the same! Getting out of small town Louisiana and moving to New Orleans!! Alot has to do with my ex seeing someone new (after 1.5 months of being broke up, even bringing him around her 5 yr old son). I need to get out of here and start a new fresh life. Went apartment shopping today! Not sure if I'm running away, but I proposed to her and she said no. I feel like this is something I need to do. I've always played it safe, but now I feel like I need to take a chance and experience a new life. Doing my best to just move on. Hopefully I'm doing the right thing here?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Give Advice
Ask For Advice