Ask For Advice

Thread: Why is my emotionally abusive ex calling me...

Gardenia1284

Why is my emotionally abusive ex calling me...

So I recently posted a blog about my ex emailing me the other day. To sum things up, I was with him for 5 years and I left him over a month ago and have not talked to him since. I ignored his lame email a few days ago and tonight I check my phone and there it was...his phone number on my call log...I felt sad and almost vulnerable at first, but then I started to feel angry because I don't know why he is calling me....He used to tell me all the time that he wanted someone better than me and that I was not the type of girl he'd want to marry and so on...so why is he calling me?? I don't want to change my number because I don't want him to think I care at all about his actions..I just don't understand, if after all this time and all the emotional abuse he's put me through, why would he want to call and talk to me?? He makes me so angry, I tried for five years and he did nothing about his behavior, how could he come back thinking I would give him one more chance??

Awoken
    Bronze Member
    Don't answer him. You need to heal yourself for a while, especially if he was emotionally abusive too you. I was like that with my ex and we haven't seen each other for almost 5 weeks now. She has someone else too. Which I pushed her too.

SO, try your best to just try and ignore him for now. Change your phone number if you have to. Get as much distance between he and you. Use this site to vent and find some great advice

abitbroken
    Platinum Member
    Do not change your number. Merely block him. If you change it, lots of friends will not be able to get you. I got a call the other day from someone I haven't heard from in 3 years and it was wonderful to reconnect. Also, if you've applied for jobs in the past, you will be lost to them, too. Please do NOT call him back. After some time and trying he WILL stop trying to contact you. I was in an abusive relationship and it does stop. And he might NOT have called to give you another chance. He could have called for an ego boost to hear you beg and plead with him. Who knows - Stay strong!

eternalsunrise
    He called for the pursuit, the game, the ego boost. I hope you did not get back in touch with him. You already know that the cycle would just start back up.

Top Threads
Is it abuse?
My husband and I have been arguing the last 3 hours. It started when he asked me to do something that I felt was lying and he didnt. He called me
Venting - Advice...?
Hello, Im a 36 year old male, married with 3 kids. My wife and I are pretty much like roommates. There is zero sex life and its from both ends
Should I bail my ex-boyfriend for physically hurting me, or just move on?
My relationship with my boyfriend wasn’t good from the start. It was emotionally abusive at first, and sooner it lead to punching me at one point and
Very confused about my ex relation please suggest!
Story- I met this girl a year ago, she was funny and very nice to me. Soon we got in relationship. She felt like the right person, we both promise to

Expert Advice
Featured Threads
Tired of Being His Provider??
Okay so I found this site through Google. This seems like a pretty common topic and I suppose I just need to vent. My husband has been unemployed
Beautiful women who works at lush...
So there is this a girl who works at this place. I've been in there twice now and she is a stunner. Its one of those girls who you have to look twice
Being left for another man by my ex girlfriend
My and my ex gf broke up 7 months ago back in late April. We had bad fights and she stated she was unhappy. She then proceeded to have an active
Wondering?
Ok, I posted before about my situation but I would like to further talk. This woman I became involved with 3 years ago TOLD me she had feelings for
Break up Advice Needed
Hi all, I really need some advice on my recent break up with my girlfriend of almost five years. A few months ago I started to feel unhappy and
She's getting ready for marriage. She thinks that it is what I want. My fault.
So, I am pretty much in a difficult situation. I have been with a girl for the past 4 years. In these 4 years, after a while I realized she really
Venting - Advice...?
Hello, Im a 36 year old male, married with 3 kids. My wife and I are pretty much like roommates. There is zero sex life and its from both ends
Ask For Advice