Why is my emotionally abusive ex calling me...

Gardenia1284

So I recently posted a blog about my ex emailing me the other day. To sum things up, I was with him for 5 years and I left him over a month ago and have not talked to him since. I ignored his lame email a few days ago and tonight I check my phone and there it was...his phone number on my call log...I felt sad and almost vulnerable at first, but then I started to feel angry because I don't know why he is calling me....He used to tell me all the time that he wanted someone better than me and that I was not the type of girl he'd want to marry and so on...so why is he calling me?? I don't want to change my number because I don't want him to think I care at all about his actions..I just don't understand, if after all this time and all the emotional abuse he's put me through, why would he want to call and talk to me?? He makes me so angry, I tried for five years and he did nothing about his behavior, how could he come back thinking I would give him one more chance??

Don't answer him. You need to heal yourself for a while, especially if he was emotionally abusive too you. I was like that with my ex and we haven't seen each other for almost 5 weeks now. She has someone else too. Which I pushed her too.

SO, try your best to just try and ignore him for now. Change your phone number if you have to. Get as much distance between he and you. Use this site to vent and find some great advice

Do not change your number. Merely block him. If you change it, lots of friends will not be able to get you. I got a call the other day from someone I haven't heard from in 3 years and it was wonderful to reconnect. Also, if you've applied for jobs in the past, you will be lost to them, too. Please do NOT call him back. After some time and trying he WILL stop trying to contact you. I was in an abusive relationship and it does stop. And he might NOT have called to give you another chance. He could have called for an ego boost to hear you beg and plead with him. Who knows - Stay strong!

Archived