Ask For Advice

Thread: Why is my emotionally abusive ex calling me...

Why is my emotionally abusive ex calling me...

So I recently posted a blog about my ex emailing me the other day. To sum things up, I was with him for 5 years and I left him over a month ago and have not talked to him since. I ignored his lame email a few days ago and tonight I check my phone and there it was...his phone number on my call log...I felt sad and almost vulnerable at first, but then I started to feel angry because I don't know why he is calling me....He used to tell me all the time that he wanted someone better than me and that I was not the type of girl he'd want to marry and so why is he calling me?? I don't want to change my number because I don't want him to think I care at all about his actions..I just don't understand, if after all this time and all the emotional abuse he's put me through, why would he want to call and talk to me?? He makes me so angry, I tried for five years and he did nothing about his behavior, how could he come back thinking I would give him one more chance??

Bronze Member
    New Zealand
    Don't answer him. You need to heal yourself for a while, especially if he was emotionally abusive too you. I was like that with my ex and we haven't seen each other for almost 5 weeks now. She has someone else too. Which I pushed her too.

SO, try your best to just try and ignore him for now. Change your phone number if you have to. Get as much distance between he and you. Use this site to vent and find some great advice

Platinum Member
    Do not change your number. Merely block him. If you change it, lots of friends will not be able to get you. I got a call the other day from someone I haven't heard from in 3 years and it was wonderful to reconnect. Also, if you've applied for jobs in the past, you will be lost to them, too. Please do NOT call him back. After some time and trying he WILL stop trying to contact you. I was in an abusive relationship and it does stop. And he might NOT have called to give you another chance. He could have called for an ego boost to hear you beg and plead with him. Who knows - Stay strong!

He called for the pursuit, the game, the ego boost. I hope you did not get back in touch with him. You already know that the cycle would just start back up.

Top Threads
What to do now..
Hello, new here. I have been searching for support and seems I found the right place. I was in a horrible physically abusive relationship in
Was I in an emotionally abusive relationship?
Me and my boyfriend were together in total for 2 years. Our relationship was on and off throughout this time. Always him to be the one to break up
Controlling, emotional abuse
I decided to try get some help on this, im 31 have one beautiful daughter from previous relationship , me and her father get on great ended on mutual
Need to vent
Another thread made me want to post this even more. I was already thinking about it. As mentioned in another post - I divorced my ex a year ago

Expert Advice
Featured Threads
Is there any hope for my relationship?
Hello, I hope somebody can offer some advice please. I've been with my boyfriend for 4 and half years and he's never told me that he loves me. I
is it normal for women to ask married men to buy them underwear?
Hey, new to this and kinda don't know how it works but here goes.... I'm married my husband works offshore, which means he spends a fortnight at
Love spells to bring back an ex?
My relationship with my ex was perfect. I fell in love for the first time in my life and I loved him with everything I had. We went through harsh
This is probably going to sound stupid but I don't know what to do
Hi everyone, I'm new on here so I apologise if I miss anything or get something wrong. I was told this was a friendly but honest place to ask advice
Found my girlfriend reaching out to another guy after an argument
Not one to post here, but need an outsiders perspective please. Had a drunk argument with my girlfriend late Friday night. I left her apartment to
It happened!! Ex wants to get back together
Hello ENA people, I've been in NC for months. So my ex calls me out of the blue because he wants to get back together. He heard from a friend
She called my brain 'unique' and its working 'laughable'- call off?
So we've been dating for seven months. We're 21 and 20, and in love. We haven't ever had anything to fight about really, we were just having this
Ask For Advice