Found out whats going on

jimbobday

So as some of you know over the past few months I've been posting here about issues with my girlfriend.

Well she has finally opened up to me about whats going on.

Last night she came to me and told me that she has been having flash backs about her father raping her as he is due to get out of prison this year. She said this is the reason the intimacy and sex hasn't really been there for a while.

Shes now seeing a psychologist and psychiatrist and is really trying to work through these issues

I basically said we 'I am really glad you told me and appreciate the fact you could open up to me' and 'we can work through this together'

She basically said she was extremely scared telling me that would scare me off and spent most of the rest of the evening crying and curled up in my arms

At the same time she realizes I am concentrating on my own life and resolving some of my own issues with a therapist of my own.

I'm heading away for a family weekend this weekend out on a boat to get some time away and just to have some fun

So am I handling this the right way saying we can work through this together but also concentrating on myself?

Archived