What does it mean when a woman touches your thigh?

latitudezero

Hi all,

So I was at a happy hour last night with a few of my coworkers and my roommate, and at one point the girl who was sitting next to me wanted to tell a story that involved the two of us, so she leaned over and lightly put her hand on my thigh for a few moments while she started to tell the story. I didn't put much thought into it at the time; I used to have feelings for this girl a long time ago, but those feelings came and went, and now I really consider her a close friend, and its not the first time shes done it either.

After happy hour, I went out with her to a concert, and my roommate texted me saying "is she still dating someone? Girls don't touch your leg for no reason

Maybe I'm just naive and oblivious to these things, but is there anything to read into that?

The rest of the evening was fairly uneventful; we went to the concert and then had dinner and then parted ways, but I'm just curious to hear people's thoughts on her body language.

Thanks!

Girls will do things like this and not see the sexual innuendo behind it or any implication to flirting behind it. It's just a part of who they are.

Like this one girl... I had a banana and I asked her "want some?" and she says sure and dives in and takes a bite of the banana from near my groin area. I just so happened to be resting it there cause my arms were comfortable resting near there. She didn't realize what that looked like to me, I gave her one of those stares, and then we laughed about it.

Girls will do things like this and not see the sexual innuendo behind it or any implication to flirting behind it. It's just a part of who they are.

Like this one girl... I had a banana and I asked her "want some?" and she says sure and dives in and takes a bite of the banana from near my groin area. I just so happened to be resting it there cause my arms were comfortable resting near there. She didn't realize what that looked like to me, I gave her one of those stares, and then we laughed about it.

That alone would give me a tingling sensation in my pants. But yeah sometime women hold my arms or give me a massage and it doesn't mean a thing to them.

Hi all,

Thanks for the responses; I figured I would get varied responses as it really was an open-ended question.

oldenoughtoknow- in my experience with her, she is not an overly touchy or flirtatious person. The only time I've seen her really flirty was once when she was drunk. In this instance, she had only had a glass of wine.

it depends how long she places her hand there. if its just a pat i would look at it as nothing but friendly. but if she just leaves in there for a while without moving, then i would say there's interest.

in my experience i never just leave my hand on a girl's thigh for long periods unless i'm interested in her, so i would expect the same in return.

closer to groin area helps too

Archived