Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Do Men Cry After A Breakup?

WhenWillILove
    Silver Member

Do Men Cry After A Breakup?

I just want to know how many of you men have actually cried (no, not teared up) after a breakup.
    Have you kept it a secret from your male friends? Female friends?
    Do you feel ashamed because you did cry?
    Do you feel a weaker man?
    Does crying emasculate you in any way? How?

NoDice
    I cried and some times still do 2 weeks later, I don't no why? I think it makes me feel like I actually gave it my all. Do I feel weaker, no. She never cried for me, at least that I know of. In all of my break ups, about 50/50 I cried..the times I didn't were ones I was cheated on, or that I saw it coming and dropped the hand of doom on them before the had a chance to strike. I know that sounds "macho" but in my younger years, as a lot of 21 year olds are claiming "it gets better, I promise" I was numb, I had hope, and I had no experience with actual adult heartbreak, after college or uni everything changes. But in regards to your question, I have seen a good amount of men cry after a break up, dumper or dumpee...why do you care?

AloneAgain19
    Bronze Member
    I cried in front of my best friend, who is also my workout spotter, who wrestled in high school, started training in mixed martial arts, almost did natural bodybuilding, and was training for the navy seals...he's like the most masculine guy I know. He patted me on the back.

WhenWillILove
    Silver Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AloneAgain19 [Register to see the link]
    I cried in front of my best friend, who is also my workout spotter, who wrestled in high school, started training in mixed martial arts, almost did natural bodybuilding, and was training for the navy seals...he's like the most masculine guy I know. He patted me on the back.
    Wow He must be a hot one, right? Too cool for crying, eh?

Stan1009
    I cried a few times soon after the breakup. It doesn't make me feel like a weaker man nor do i feel ashamed about it.

Generation
    The only time I ever cried in my adult years (not just tears) was when my friend died. I'm not ashamed that I did and honestly, I'd be more ashamed if I didn't.
    After that, I just couldn't bring myself to ever feel like that ever again. Even after my break up with my ex.

I will say this though, on some levels, losing my ex was in some ways more painful than losing my friend. I hate to say it, but sometimes that's how it felt. Maybe it was cause the pain of losing my ex was so fresh to me. It's not that the break up wasn't intense, but I just can't cry like that ever again unless something really painful triggers it. That's not to say that I don't tear up sometimes, infact just the thought of my friend right now makes me wanna tear.

He2Him
    Bronze Member
    Sure I did, but no point telling anyone.

ApocalypseDreams
    In all honesty, I've only cried once in my adult life and that was the night my mother died a few years ago. Haven't cried since and I'm not entirely sure it's physically possible for me to cry.

My worst break up left me EXTREMELY sad and depressed but I did not cry. Not because I think it's macho not to cry or anything, just that I'm not sure my tear ducts actually work anymore because I don't even know how I would go about crying.

I don't think crying makes a man weaker at all. Blubbing over everything is probably too much but something that is emotionally heartbreaking or taxing like a break up or a death or something similiar is a very valid.

ryanjd0420

me and my girlfriend broke up after 2 1/2 years. im only 19. i cried like a baby. and i still do. pretty much miserable. i tell my friends. im not ashamed at all! because i know that the pain that i deal with!

In the Dark
    Being masculine and not crying from emotional abuse as a male is forced upon males in New Zealand from a an early age.

Ironically we have the second highest male suicide rate per capita and most related to break ups.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Top Threads
Having a hard time ending a toxic relationship, please help!
[I][COLOR="#0000FF"][I]So I am in a relationship that I deem toxic. My boyfriend is always angry even though I do things for him to try to cheer him
Do you believe in old-fashioned romance...?
I'm constantly being told I am part of a dying breed... that people don't believe in old-fashioned romance anymore, like the single red rose, hand
I want to breakup because I want her to grow as a person
LONG POST BUT PLEASE BEAR WITH ME BECAUSE I REALLY NEED SOME ADVICE. We've been together for almost 2 years. I am 5 years older than her (i'm 25)
When you don't know whether to break up or not
So I've been with this guy for 4 months now. Things have not been a fairy tale, ever. But he was the only guy that was really interesting and we hit
Living with my ex and kids. It's a nightmare!
I have been with my now ex, for 5 years. We have 3 children together, and live together. A few months ago she was talking about not being in love
Someone please help me
I need help I'm willing to give my number out just for help because I'm going nuts and I don't know what to do some one please I've already posted
Help me not break NC
I posted a couple days ago about my break up but I want to call him so bad. I'm so used to seeing him every week and talking to him from morning to

Expert Advice
Featured Threads
Don Juan President
I'm the president of Don Juans. I know all the top moves to make with females and I've had sex so many times. If a man needs advice ask right here.
Talk Dirty to Me!
OMGosh this is rampant. I have been serial dating in hopes of finding a long term relationship. BTW, nn the past two weeks I have been doing really
Is it wrong that I don't drive my parent's car to drive myself places as of now?
I am 20 and I have my driver's license but I don't have my own car yet so I have to rely on my parents and the bus to get me places but my parents
Friendship changes, how to deal?
Hello All, My friend and I are close. We consider our friendship like a brother & sister type. Lately, I've been noticing he has been treating me
Online Dating Descripton Sets Off Red Flags For Me, But Maybe Not for Others?
I have someone who has been giving me attention with Online Dating (yes, I thought I'd give it a gentle go. Dip my toe in the water even though I was
Help
Hi, I'm 37 and I have been with my partner for about 5 years and we have been married just under a year. About 5 months ago my now wife had an
Did you ever get over your first love? Post your stories!
Hello, I've been feeling kind of down lately because I always hear people saying that you never get over your first love, or you'll always compare
Ask For Advice