What does it mean when a guy tells you that he has a lot on his mind?

Mnich1209

I've been seeing this guy for 2 months and things started out really great for us. I would spend the night at his house 2x's out the week and we would just share a lot of intimate moments together. He holds me all through the night and calls me bae and babe! Lately, I've been texting and calling and he has been slow in responding. We haven't "slept" together in 3 wks. But I've been spending the night with him. I asked him was there a problem or was anything wrong and all he could say is, "I just got alot on my mind right now and I'm going through some things. I asked was there anything that I could do to help and he says no I gotta be the one to work this out! I'm confused and getting mixed feelings from him.

Hate to say it, sounds like he's losing interest for whatever reason it may be. Could genuinely be that he has a lot on his mind but you should explore it, ask him what specifically is bothering him. Sit him down and talk to him because more likely than not he is contemplating cutting ties.

He might feel like things moved too quickly because you were spending the night together in the first month, and he might be pulling back a bit, it might be a good idea for you to give him some space which might rekindle the flame. Don't always be the one to call and text, let him come to you sometimes and don't spend the night for a week or two and see how that goes. Make plans, be busy with your own life, and if he is really stressed out about things that will give him time and space to work out what ever it is he needs to work out and he will appreciate the fact that you're independent and able to give him the space he needs.

Good luck

If he can't give you a clear answer then the answer is more clear. He's not that into you unfortunately.

ulk, isn't that the truth?! unless he is working on a project for the CIA or the iPhone 6, no reason he can't just say what's going on that's bothering him - unless it's the relationship. i'd back off at this point. if he doesn't contact in a week or two, i'd consider it over.

How long was he out of his last relationship? 2-3 months is the kill-zone for exes to reappear. Do you know how/when/why his last relatoinship ended. This may have nothing to do with you, so do not take it personally. The EX factor can be quite impelling, no matter how great the new person is.

Well, after not contacting me for three whole days, he finally replies to my texts and ask why do I feel like he has hurt me and my response was-you have ignored my calls and texts and you won't give me an explanation as to why our relationship has gone dry. He told me that he is really going thru alot and that I wouldn't understand it and that he wants to get himself back on track. I forgot to mention that he was in prison for 1 yr and he has been out now for 2 months. I asked him if it was someone else but he insist that there is no one else. So I ask, what do you want me to do while you're "getting yourself back on track" and he says well I can't tell you what to do. So on that note, I took upon myself to just let go and try to move on. I have been there for him since he has been out-he's already got a job (with my help) and I've also been there for him at 3:30 a.m when he was having some really bad personal problems, he cried to me and confided alot of things to me. I really just don't understand it!!!!

Well we talked about why he hasn't been contacting me.....and he still continues to say that he has alot going on right now and that I shouldn't be hurt because he's not contacting me. He also asked me who was the guy on my facebook page that I was talking back and forth to---the guy is my classmate. He continues to say "we're good, stop worrying!" The conclusion of the talk---he asked me what I was gonna be doing the next day and asked if I could come over, but I declined because I don't want him to be turning me off and on, so I chose not to go over to his house. He has not contacted me since, but he continuously check my facebook page and asks his female cousin, whom I friends with, questions about what I have on my page. So I have not try to contact him since last Wednesday when we talked. I still have feelings for him and would love for him to get his act together but I'm not gonna sit and wait for it. I actually went on a date with someone this past weekend and went well.

Archived