Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Good soap to fight body odor

SilverFactory
    Silver Member

Good soap to fight body odor

Can you guys help me with recommendations for a soap that can help with body odor?

I am currently using Irish Spring and it doesnt seem to help

annie24
    do you have a loofah or something else to exfoliate? personally, i like gel based washes - you can get them at the drug store or at bath and body works. all these places have washes for men. the odor is coming from the bacteria from your skin. do you use a good deodorant/anti-perspirant as well? do you shower daily?

Syntax1985
    i used to have this problem, the steps i took that actually worked =

#1 i trimmed my body hair. less heat = less sweat
    #2 as Annie's already suggested, i use a loofah. i vary body washes, but i normally aim for sweet smelling sports ones. this is out of personal preference but it might be a trick.
    #3 after a shower make sure you completely dry yourself, i used to ignore my feet and that would cause them to smell.
    #4 once dry i use a scented ( coconut ) moisturiser, just a cheap one, and i apply it to most of my body.
    #5 apply anti perspirant, womens ones seem to work much better then mens. at the moment im using black & white womens by nivea, it works great & it doesnt really smell of anything, so your aftershave wont get ruined.

To help fight sweating in general ( which is what im guessing is whats causing your body odor ) try wearing lighter more breathing clothing, and a product i use once a week = Perspirex ( link removed ) is absoulty amazing.

I dont use deodrant, just moisteriser, anti perspirant & perfume.

Princess123
    Silver Member
    Tea tree oil wash and a loofah. Tea tree is an antibacterial herb, which kills the bacteria in sweat that causes body odor. It does have a strong scent.

Syntax1985
    also just to add to what i said, WATCH WHAT YOU EAT!, your body exudes toxins through your skin... so i tend to think of it this way, if you eat crap, your going to smell like... haha.
    morning exercise also helps with this, when you sweat you get rid of toxins, toxins smell like ... well bad body odor. so if you sweat it out in the morning, wash off the sweat, what you do excrete over the rest of the day wont be nearly as bad.

Jetta
    My mom used to have bad body odor, she takes zinc and now doesn't need deorderant, but does use it anyway. Take a zinc supplement I know for a fact it works.

Syntax1985
    Ty jetta, just read why that works on google, sounds really sound! im gonna try it out myself

ForumGuy
    Irish Spring was never good for me. Tone bar soap has always worked well for me.

SilverFactory
    Silver Member
    Quote Originally Posted by annie24 [Register to see the link]
    do you have a loofah or something else to exfoliate? personally, i like gel based washes - you can get them at the drug store or at bath and body works. all these places have washes for men. the odor is coming from the bacteria from your skin. do you use a good deodorant/anti-perspirant as well? do you shower daily?
    Annie what is a loofah?

Yes I shower everyday morning. I use Irish Spring bar soap and some times use Old Spice deodorant.

SilverFactory
    Silver Member
    Thanks for the helpful suggestions guys.

I guess I need to change my soap first thing. And start using loofah (not sure what it is).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Expert Advice
Featured Threads
My boyfriend doesn't text me as much anymore?
My boyfriend would text me everyday all day and now he won't text me first anymore or at all sometimes. Last night he stopped replying to my text so
Is she the rebound
If he leaves a 17 year relationship to date his High School Sweetheart from 32 years ago, is she a rebound ?
I want to break NC after almost 2 months to invite my ex gf to a concert
We have been in NC for almost 2 months after being together for 6 years. She stopped responding to a text i sent her. I saw she was interested in
Online dating, and why it doesn't work well for most men
We discussed this before, and for some reason people got personal and mean about it. So I have no intention of returning to this thread, but I wanted
PLEASE HELP, boyfriend talks to mom 4-5 times per day, very odd relationship....
Hi guys, Always been hesitant to post my personal business online. Anyways... here it goes... So my boyfriend is amazing...(just to throw this
Hurtful joking
My bf jokes about things that are very hurtful. Today was probably one of the most hurtful. He tried to grab my breasts and he does this a lot. He's
He dumped me and won't return my stuff
So I was seeing a guy for a short amount of time. Out of the blue....he blocked me? Fair enough, I get the message, I think it's rude but
Ask For Advice