Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: Do men regret breaking up with the good girl?

Originally Posted by lalalollipops
    Everything happens for a reason. There's a reason they split, I think the past should be left in the past.
    I was going to say the same thing!! Completely agree!!

It is helpful to take what we have learned from the past to do even better in the future. We get to learn more about ourselves and what we are looking for in a mate.

I know what travella means by 'good girl'. I think some of you have over thought the term but I totally get it

I hope I don't get in trouble for bumping this thread. It sucks when someone is willing to grow together and the other not. But it really sucks when the person was just taking advantage of you and flat out admits it, and even goes as far to admit that he KNEW you weren't on the same page as him!!! What that one guy said about the truth behind "nice guys" couldn't be any truer! It would be nice to find a man willing to grow with you instead of all these guys that think they can just screw around until they're all financially set and then some super-hot, amazing model is going to be waiting for them when they're in their 40s. At least, that's been my experience and it's left a pretty bitter taste in my mouth. I used to think when women said men only think with one head and it's not the one on their shoulders they were being too harsh, but maybe they were just being brutally honest.

And, for the record, I didn't dote all over him, while I did give him a few compliments, I mostly did my own thing and had my own friends. He actually told me I should be ashamed we didn't hang out more with each other's friends. Even though I INVITED him to and he declined each time and would flat-out ignore me in front of his friends. Oh, but everyone thinks he's just so nice. Whatever. I'm through with it. It's his loss. Nice guys just want to get laid, they're no different from jerks. Basically means every guy is gonna be a jerk.

I'm still figuring out if I broke up because I was bored simply of the sex, or of her.
    If I could take sex out of the equation we may not have broken up, but all that stuff is 'in my jeans' so to speak, its part of my making, I still might have walked.
    Saying that I did go on to have lots of fun, and good and bad experiences, so I can grow old and not regret not having done some things, I have a good perspective of what I do and dont want from a woman, I definatley feel more mature as a man for having done those things too.
    Growing up you can put a womans body (and sometimes her mind) on a pedestal, the way she beautifies herself, and tries to procure men - I am no longer slave to that, I view the opposite sex with feet far more grounded in reality. I think our society has evolved to let us 'package' ourselves ready for promotion - especially women, you have become so sophisticated with makeup and clothes - underneath it all is just the same sack of flesh and tissue as anyone else.
    Like a car in the show room, all shiney and smelling new - ready for consumption, men really need to see past that.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Give Advice
Ask For Advice