Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Do men regret breaking up with the good girl?

Originally Posted by mactownman
    I dumped a really great girl one time. We were together for 2 years. Now, looking back, I realize I had something very special. She was beautiful, smart, kind, and would have done anything for me. I will always regret the decision to end it with her.
    How long ago was the breakup? Have you ever attempted to reconcile with her?

Bronze Member
    Originally Posted by kuteknish
    why did you end it with her?
    I had to move to another town (only 30 minutes away!) and didn't want to be tied down by the relationship. I felt a strong need to experience other things, other people. Textbook case of "didn't realize what I had until it was gone."

Bronze Member
    Originally Posted by learning2relax
    How long ago was the breakup? Have you ever attempted to reconcile with her?
    Wow, the breakup was ~7-8 years ago. I have thought about attempting to reconcile but have never really acted on it. We talk occassionally, have actually gotten together a few times post-BU, but nothing has ever come of it. We consider each other friends.

I honestly feel bad about what I did to her and would never expect her to want to get back togther with me. I wouldn't if I were her. These days, I look back on what we had with fondness and consider my decision to end it, and the regret afterwards, one of life's lessons.

Wow, the breakup was ~7-8 years ago. I have thought about attempting to reconcile but have never really acted on it. We talk occassionally, have actually gotten together a few times post-BU, but nothing has ever come of it. We consider each other friends.

I honestly feel bad about what I did to her and would never expect her to want to get back togther with me. I wouldn't if I were her. These days, I look back on what we had with fondness and consider my decision to end it, and the regret afterwards, one of life's lessons.
    Interesting.....how long was it until you had the realization that you did about that particular relationship?

Bronze Member
    Originally Posted by learning2relax
    Interesting.....how long was it until you had the realization that you did about that particular relationship?
    It took a while. Can't really hammer down a timeframe, but the realization came after dating others, observing other relationships, learning, etc. Over time, it just got to the point where I was like "Wow, i had it pretty good, she was great, I messed up, etc."

It took a while. Can't really hammer down a timeframe, but the realization came after dating others, observing other relationships, learning, etc. Over time, it just got to the point where I was like "Wow, i had it pretty good, she was great, I messed up, etc."
    Mactownman: If you know you messed up, why didn't you try to reconcile it. Isn't she worth the effort?

'Good Girl' can mean a number of things, my first GF was a good girl, she didn't drink (much) or take drugs, her feet were firmly on the ground - and knew what she wanted from life, meet a nice man (are all men manipulative ? - I'm nice, just a good person I like to think, even if I do like sex - but in a happy relationship) get married, have children, just be normal.
    But I was different, I was young, wanted to party. At the time I felt no regrets, I did party and had lots of fun, but now I am much older and mature - I wish we could meet now, I would like to marry and have children, and she was the sort of girl I would liked to have done that with, guess our lives were just in different places in our heads at that time. I wonder how she is, I wonder if she met Mr right, is married and with children - I hope so for her.

My ex is already regretting things. Haha too little too late -_-

Originally Posted by travella
    Mactownman: If you know you messed up, why didn't you try to reconcile it. Isn't she worth the effort?
    Everything happens for a reason. There's a reason they split, I think the past should be left in the past.

Guess I definitely had a case of Grass is Greener when I was younger, its like I was driven by my genes to experience other things, I was very upset myself to break us up, but I did it, she was very broken hearted.
    I recently went to a social do with people like hers (our cultures were a little different) and I realised why I broke us up, in the end we were a bit different.
    But when you've done the rounds you realise what you really want, you also realise that you have to give up a bit, you realise you need to compromise and be mature, be more level headed when the heat is on. But I guess some need to take that journey to reach that place, and when the right one comes along you'll feel ready to properly commit.
    For me its been a long time coming to reach that place in my head.
    I dont regret, just feel sad we had to experience that heart ache.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice