Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Do men regret breaking up with the good girl?

I wish I knew why men would throw away someone who they considered to be great. IT JUST DOESN"T MAKE SENSE!

You mean a man. I was the best man my ex will ever meet in her life PERIOD! I was the man from the movies, from the romance novels. She left me 7 mos. ago for another man and has never contacted me. Women do it too. I think it says more about them than it does the other.(I'm NOT saying that I or anyone is perfect)

I am sorry you are going through this symbiot. I have been on both sides of the track. My first love was the best bf I've ever had. I still regret it to this day of letting him go. Now..my recent ex broke up with me even though I was the best gf he's ever had. It sucks that no matter how much I tried, he still walked away. It's been a month and the pain is excruciating as ever. I look forward to sleeping every night, because that's when I actually don't think about him.

There is so much that goes into making a relationship work. People have to be on the same page, with the same goals and in the same place in life to make them work. Timing is very important. Yes people can grow together but it takes work. A lot of times it just isn't the right time.

Originally Posted by Live-N-Learn
    There is so much that goes into making a relationship work. People have to be on the same page, with the same goals and in the same place in life to make them work. Timing is very important. Yes people can grow together but it takes work. A lot of times it just isn't the right time.
    I think that's exactly what happened in my case. My ex was just starting his business. We live in two different cities. He's still very immature and has not had a serious relationship for 7 years until me.

Originally Posted by travella
    I wish I knew why men would throw away someone who they considered to be great. IT JUST DOESN"T MAKE SENSE!
    Girl, he broke up with you after 5 months, got back with you and pretty much has been cheating ever since reconciling. He didn't "throw you away" ... he did you a favor! You deserve better. Now YOU need to learn that.

Originally Posted by Ms Darcy
    Girl, he broke up with you after 5 months, got back with you and pretty much has been cheating ever since reconciling. He didn't "throw you away" ... he did you a favor! You deserve better. Now YOU need to learn that.

Wow Darcy! Thanks for reading my previous posts. I feel like such an idiot for taking him back. While we were apart for 5 months, he has had five one night stands. This should have been major warning signs that he still wanted to play the field. When he came back, I ignored all this and continued with us without really addressing why he broke it off the first place. I really thought that this time would be different because he acted like he really loved me. But then when we got back together, I found out that he was trying to see another girl behind my back. I was willing to forgive and move on with us bc I loved him sooo much..but he didn't want to work on the relationship anymore and essentially gave up.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by travella
    Eocsor: That's exactly the qualities I am talking about. Why did you break up with her if she had all those great qualities. What made you regret? Did you try to get back with her?
    I didn't break up with anybody. You have me mistaken for Penseur

Bronze Member
    I dumped a really great girl one time. We were together for 2 years. Now, looking back, I realize I had something very special. She was beautiful, smart, kind, and would have done anything for me. I will always regret the decision to end it with her.

Originally Posted by mactownman
    I dumped a really great girl one time. We were together for 2 years. Now, looking back, I realize I had something very special. She was beautiful, smart, kind, and would have done anything for me. I will always regret the decision to end it with her.
    why did you end it with her?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice