Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Do men regret breaking up with the good girl?

Do men regret breaking up with the good girl?

How many of you (men) regret breaking up with someone you cared about and who treated you like gold? Maybe at the moment, you weren't ready to settle down or had wondering eyes, do you regret it now that she is 100% out of your life?

Bronze Member
    I think anyone (male or female) can regret dumping their partner. I (male) have been the dumper once and the dumpee once. I didnt regret breaking up with the first girl - I walked away and never looked back - but the second girl did regret her decision to break up with me, and ultimately came back. That doesn't mean women are more likely to regret it, it's just one specific case.

Thanks Scotsguy...but the emphasis is on the good girl.

Platinum Member
    so what we have here...your ex bf went off with a not so good girl and you wanna know if he will regret it?

ever read "Why Men Like * * * * * * es" ?

it states why men tire of the "good girls" and its basically because they loose themselves and their own worth in order to give the guy everything they "think" they want....whereas the ' * * * * * * ' has her own thing going on...does things that please her and doesnt need a man to validate her, and basically is a darn sight more interesting than a 'good girl'...

just by asking that question, you seem to fall into that 'good girl' in the book i mentioned.

you treat him well, he still left...you dont have to ask any questions because you already KNOW its his loss

I don't know what you mean by "good" girl. If dumped her she obviously was not "good" enough for me. So I would never regret my choice.

Platinum Member
    No, yes, maybe. It's situational. Some do some don't and it has nothing to do with whether you were the good girl or not.

Platinum Member
    I don't like the label "good girl" to describe a woman who treats people with tact and kindness/compassion. "Good girl" sounds more like a woman who acts in a submissive/compliant way and like a girl, not an adult.

Bronze Member
    Originally Posted by 1m50L0nl3y
    I don't know what you mean by "good" girl. If dumped her she obviously was not "good" enough for me. So I would never regret my choice.
    I hope not all dumpers think this way, doesnt hold much for us dumpees who actually think we are alright does it?

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by Batya33
    I don't like the label "good girl" to describe a woman who treats people with tact and kindness/compassion. "Good girl" sounds more like a woman who acts in a submissive/compliant way and like a girl, not an adult.
    indeed, my thoughts too. rather like the term "nice guy" which to me seems more like a man who acts polite and nice but really has the same objectives as your regular 'jerk' (to get laid) except its more manipulative and not genuine or inherently nice.

all we can do is treat others as we wish to be treat ourselves, with love and compassion and respect. if someone just doesnt click with you even when being that way, then well, that can be life and youre best moving on.

Bronze Member
    It's situational like Eocsor said. But I'll go ahead and give you some anecdotal evidence that this happens. There's one girl I broke up with who meets the criteria of being a "good girl." I'm not 100% sure what you mean by that phrase, but I take it to mean that she has great qualities and characteristics. This includes intelligence, ambition, drive, nurturing side, treats you with respect and adoration, etc. Do I regret the end of that relationship? I sure do! But I also recognize that if I hadn't ended it when I did, it would have ended at some point because that was the way the relationship was unfolding. I recognized it, and wanted to sever things before we/I got too deep. That doesn't mean I don't have regrets and that it didn't hurt. Because I do and it did.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice