Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: violated last night

Bronze Member
    Please report it.
    Don't let him get away with this! He WILL keep raping, I promise you.
    I know you are afraid, probably also afraid of what your friends will say. But don't let him get away with this. If I were you, I would call the police now and have them get you out of that environment. This may sound insensitive, but the longer it takes you to report it, the less " physical" evidence there will be of the rape.

Ughh it's eating me up inside to know you're going through this.

Bronze Member
    Wait is he still in the house with you?

Legally, she may be on shaky ground. No one heard her fight or scream and if called as witnesses, no one saw a struggle and she didn't tell anyone. I KNOW she was raped, but proving it will be very difficult in court. I wish you all the luck in the world. This was NOT your fault!

Bronze Member
    Originally Posted by thejigsup
    Legally, she may be on shaky ground. No one heard her fight or scream and if called as witnesses, no one saw a struggle and she didn't tell anyone. I KNOW she was raped, but proving it will be very difficult in court. I wish you all the luck in the world. This was NOT your fault!
    That's what I figured, which is why I didn't want to be insensitive but also wanted to add rape kits really help victims.

Platinum Member
    M&H, I am so sorry to hear about this. Regardless of what you choose to do, in legal terms, please DO realize this is NOT YOUR FAULT. I feel so sorry that you are stuck there with this d-bag. When can you go home? Is it possible you can take a taxi if no one else but him is able to give you a ride when the roads re-open?

I think you should in the very least tell one person who is there with you. That way, if you have to be there another night, you won't have to left in the same room with this person...

Or in the very least, just tell one of the guests that you don't want to be left alone with him...

Bronze Member
    It seems like what you are experiencing right now is a term used in counseling called "inappropriate guilt"...feeling that somehow you are responsible for his behavior and you are not.Rather its a husband, boyfriend, or friend , no (means no) and he did not respect your boundaries.

In my opinion, I would be careful discussing this situation with your "friends", maybe you two share the same friends....this may put them in a difficult situation....not really wanting to take sides....or your friends may not have the ability to fully support you as you may need during this time.

I believe that a safer route may be disclosing this to a clergy member, your college counselor, or a therapist in the community. Sometimes there are free counseling services in your community for women who are victims of sexual abuse. I would rather you disclose/ process this information in a safe, confidential, and totally supportive environment.

Hope you feel better :strawberry:

Platinum Member
    Call the police. Make a report of it over the phone. Let the police take it from there...

Originally Posted by Timahani

I believe that a safer route may be disclosing this to a clergy member, your college counselor, or a therapist in the community. Sometimes there are free counseling services in your community for women who are victims of sexual abuse. I would rather you disclose/ process this information in a safe, confidential, and totally supportive environment.
    I completely agree with this advice. Whether you feel safe enough to report this, talking it through with someone who is there solely to help you is a very good idea.

Bronze Member
    [QUOTE=chitown9;4958433]Call the police. Make a report of it over the phone. Let the police take it from there...

Pretty smart idea - "was raped, now trapped in same house" etc. I feel so bad she is still in the house with him.

Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice