Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Do women hold all the cards?

Silver Member

Do women hold all the cards?

This has been bugging me, so I thought I'd get some opinions. This weekend, a shy guy, whom I previously pursued, but it didn't go anywhere, told me that I'm the girl, so I hold all the cards and am the one in control. He was referring to pursuing and dating in the beginning (at least that's how I took it). Do you agree or disagree with that statement?

I don't feel like I am ever the one holding all the cards. Am I wrong?

As much as people like to dress it up, it's an exchange of power. Men buy dinners and movies for the women in order to get access to your ladyparts.

I don't know that you could objectively answer this, it's all in perspective. See if you can find the video where Ray Romano says, "For once I was the one wearing the panties."

I've had that perspective in life before, thought that I was just subject to the woman's whims. As I got older, I realized the error. No one holds ALL the cards. However, for negotiating purposes, the one who wants it more is in a weaker position.

Originally Posted by hexaemeron
    As much as people like to dress it up, it's an exchange of power. Men buy dinners and movies for the women in order to get access to your ladyparts.
    Men don't buy me anything and they still expect access to my ladyparts, lol.

OP, I disagree wholeheartedly. This a huge misconception men have. If women truly had all the cards, there wouldn't be so many lonely and single women out there.

No, women do not hold all of the power in the relationship.

Platinum Member
    Hahha! He was a shy guy aye? He's also a lazy guy. Too lazy to pursue.

NEXT!

Platinum Member
    No I don't agree. I think in a healthy relationship both people have to put in effort. In my experience dating the men preferred to be the ones to do the asking out in the beginning even though I wouldn't have minded and I put in effort in other ways. The person you referred to is I think the person you posted about previously so I can understand why you're so focused on whatever he says that has to do with dating and focused on analyzing why. I would react differently - I would ignore his comments about dating and relationships unless he had asked me out on a date and we were going on dates - and then I would ask him follow up questions to learn more about why he feels that way about male-female dynamics. But if he wasn't asking me out or showing interest when I suggested a plan I wouldn't waste my time trying to figure out what he means or what he's referring to because that focus would distract me from my goal of meeting someone who was interested enough in me to want to plan and go on a date with me.

Platinum Member oldenoughtoknow's Avatar
    I think your shy guy was feeling sorry for himself. It probably feels to him, since he finds the approach and pursuit so difficult, that all a woman has to do is stand back and say yes or no to any advances. Being a woman in that position would obviously give you the power. But, that assumes every guy you want to pursue you walks up and talks to you and asks you out. The truth is, it's not particularly easy for either gender.
    Last edited by oldenoughtoknow; 08-18-2011 at 03:32 PM.

Silver Member
    Just to clarify...this wasn't in reference to a relationship, but to the beginning stages of dating. I told him I didn't agree with him at all. If I held all the cards and had all the control, things would be sooo different.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by givinggirl
    Just to clarify...this wasn't in reference to a relationship, but to the beginning stages of dating. I told him I didn't agree with him at all. If I held all the cards and had all the control, things would be sooo different.
    Yes, you would get bored really fast. ;-)

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Videos

Maintaining A Strong Relationship

Detaching From a Malignant Man

Divorced Parents Prefer Technology and Social Media As Communication Tool

Wedding Jitters Could Be a Predictor for a Future Divorce

Botox Fights Depression And Makes You Feel Happier

Men Are More Sensitive than Women when Having Relationship Problems
Give Advice
Ask For Advice