Ask For Advice

Thread: Why do I get so nervous and shy around some people, but not others??

Bronze Member

Why do I get so nervous and shy around some people, but not others??

I just don't get it.

I recently just moved house. The people I had been living with for 2 years were nice but I never felt comfortable when talking to them. I've been in my new house for 4 days and I'm scared of it happening again. I just want to be able to forget about my insecurities and mingle with the people I live with. But I always feel like an outsider.

Now, when I work, I get along with my colleagues like a house on fire and I feel like I can be myself. Why is it different when I return home?

Hurricane Alley
    Do you tend to warm to people over time? Sometimes you just have to get to know people. Here's a question that always helps me:

If you were to (insert action here) what do you think the worst thing is that could happen?

I get like this too. THere are certain people I am automatically drawn too, and I feel comfortable around. Then there are others I feel intimidated and shy with. A lot of the times it`s very beautiful girls around my age that intomidate me the most, but hot guys make me feel that way too.

Top Threads
Why do women go back to there exes?
I'd been talking to this woman for over a month and we spend some time together. I received a text from her a few days ago saying that an ex
Thanks saying
I am not sure to write or not to write note saying" thank you". I am at the end of semester, and there is one nice man who supported me during my
My abusive mother died, have to go sort through her things
So I'm not posting this under grief because I feel no grief. My mother was mentally ill and very psychologically and emotionally abusive. I cut off
Heartbreaking year
It's been the toughest year of my life and I just feel so alone and lost. Consistent let down and heartbreak has led me to feel isolated from
Feeling like a mess.. and I don't know why. Getting worse with each day.
Okay, so I am at a loss for what to do at this point.. I'm not sure if I can explain what's going on, but I'll try. So first of all, my current
New GF has car stolen outside my house
I've been seeing someone for about two months and on Saturday we took a short trip to London on the train for the day. It was nice and we didn't get
Work with somebody I can't stand being around
Hi I'm Samara, I'm 19 years old. So flashback to 2 years ago, my boyfriend was talking inappropriately with a girl who went to school with us. They

Expert Advice
Featured Threads
Is there any hope for my relationship?
Hello, I hope somebody can offer some advice please. I've been with my boyfriend for 4 and half years and he's never told me that he loves me. I
is it normal for women to ask married men to buy them underwear?
Hey, new to this and kinda don't know how it works but here goes.... I'm married my husband works offshore, which means he spends a fortnight at
Love spells to bring back an ex?
My relationship with my ex was perfect. I fell in love for the first time in my life and I loved him with everything I had. We went through harsh
This is probably going to sound stupid but I don't know what to do
Hi everyone, I'm new on here so I apologise if I miss anything or get something wrong. I was told this was a friendly but honest place to ask advice
Found my girlfriend reaching out to another guy after an argument
Not one to post here, but need an outsiders perspective please. Had a drunk argument with my girlfriend late Friday night. I left her apartment to
It happened!! Ex wants to get back together
Hello ENA people, I've been in NC for months. So my ex calls me out of the blue because he wants to get back together. He heard from a friend
She called my brain 'unique' and its working 'laughable'- call off?
So we've been dating for seven months. We're 21 and 20, and in love. We haven't ever had anything to fight about really, we were just having this
Ask For Advice