Thread: Why do I get so nervous and shy around some people, but not others??

Bronze Member

Why do I get so nervous and shy around some people, but not others??

I just don't get it.

I recently just moved house. The people I had been living with for 2 years were nice but I never felt comfortable when talking to them. I've been in my new house for 4 days and I'm scared of it happening again. I just want to be able to forget about my insecurities and mingle with the people I live with. But I always feel like an outsider.

Now, when I work, I get along with my colleagues like a house on fire and I feel like I can be myself. Why is it different when I return home?

Hurricane Alley
    Do you tend to warm to people over time? Sometimes you just have to get to know people. Here's a question that always helps me:

If you were to (insert action here) what do you think the worst thing is that could happen?

I get like this too. THere are certain people I am automatically drawn too, and I feel comfortable around. Then there are others I feel intimidated and shy with. A lot of the times it`s very beautiful girls around my age that intomidate me the most, but hot guys make me feel that way too.

Top Threads
Too sensitive? Perceived disrespect?
Hi all. Tks in advance for reading. I am on the heels of a break up that I wrote about previously (I am not allowed to post links). The gist of
Anyone else feeling "Bah Humbug" already?
I just can't get into any kind of holiday "spirit" this year at all. I have to work today, thanksgiving, and I'm looking forward to that part of my
Don't know what to think... dating app on a computer
I am in a fantastic relationship, we are both very affectionate and caring to one another and we are talking seriously about living together, which
I'm really hurt and sad
I've been friends with a guy for 7 years now. Yes we've been flirting around but i never thought it was anything more. Infact initially i told
First Thanksgiving Without my mom.
I'm so up and down right now. I miss her so much even though we didn't have a great relationship. I tried to make one of her recipes and totally
How do I learn not to care about relationships and/or sex?
I've always struggled with this concept and now, more than ever, I really want to be able to NOT care about wanting a GF and/or sex. Some of you
Wishing others the emotions I do not have.
Hi all, Have been many years of suffering for me and my family, many years of tears and sorrow. I am really sad and most probably you will never

online counseling
Featured Threads
Need feedback, criticism from the men here *long*
I want to vent cuz this is bugging the hell out of me me even though I should be happy to move on. I want the perspective of men here because I feel
Should I be concernd about my ex's guy being around my son?
I was married to the girl of my dreams for 16 years until she met a guy in a cooking chatroom. The question I have is can I trust this guy with our
Struggling to figure out if she likes me or not?
I really fancy her and I still struggle with all the attraction sign things. I chose to sit at the table that I knew she'd be, because her friend
So having dinner with my ex tonight.
Recap: We dated nearly two years. I dumped him by email -- which was crappy of me, but I don't do conflict well. He was never able to say he loved
2 dates but now a new girl on the scene.
Been a while since I posted here, had a break from dating really, off all OLD and just thought I'd let fate do its thing. about a month ago I got
What are the chances that she could have gotten pregnant?
I met up with an ex from 5 years ago and in the heat of the moment we had unprotected sex. Now here are the facts: - She is 27, I'm 29. - She
Marrying someone with different level of religion understanding
Say, you're an orthodox religious man and your potential spouse has the same religion as you but with much lower level of practice and knowledge