Ask For Advice

Thread: Why do I get so nervous and shy around some people, but not others??

xRoh
    Bronze Member

Why do I get so nervous and shy around some people, but not others??

I just don't get it.

I recently just moved house. The people I had been living with for 2 years were nice but I never felt comfortable when talking to them. I've been in my new house for 4 days and I'm scared of it happening again. I just want to be able to forget about my insecurities and mingle with the people I live with. But I always feel like an outsider.

Now, when I work, I get along with my colleagues like a house on fire and I feel like I can be myself. Why is it different when I return home?

NowandZen
    Do you tend to warm to people over time? Sometimes you just have to get to know people. Here's a question that always helps me:

If you were to (insert action here) what do you think the worst thing is that could happen?

twentiesgirl86
    I get like this too. THere are certain people I am automatically drawn too, and I feel comfortable around. Then there are others I feel intimidated and shy with. A lot of the times it`s very beautiful girls around my age that intomidate me the most, but hot guys make me feel that way too.

Top Threads
Obsessions over celebrities
I was wondering if anyone else gets obsessive about certain celebrities. Not just liking them, but wanting to know everything about them and their
Has anyone ever had conflict between their head and gut feeling/spirituality??
Has anyone ever had conflict between what their gut feeling/spirituality is telling them and what their brain is telling them? OK, so my ex and I
Teacher/Doctor May be hitting on me???
A lot of intense spiritual coincidences have happened between us but I've realized that, over time, some of his comments have been slightly
Physical abuse versus emotional abuse
My partner lied and cheated on me over and over again during our 3 years relationship. There were many times he disappear for weeks after an
Co-worker is friendly and unfriendly interchangeably.
Back story - she has worked at my employer for a few years and only in the last five months that we began speaking to each other, nothing major just
Help: 'Love is a battlefield'
About two years ago a Co-worker and I met and had lunch together. I was immediately attracted. However, she is in a lesbian relationship. At that
Switch feeling off for a while?
I have been having a cocktail of feeling. mostly sad emotions for a time longer than I can take after my terrible breakup. I have had enough dealing

Featured Threads
Who is in the wrong?
This person isn't really a "friend" she is 24+ years older than me. I have a feeling I'm getting taken advantage of because of my age. I started
I became engaged with a girl who calls herself a "free spirit"......need clarity
I met a wonderful and bright girl 3.5 years ago and she by far stole my heart. She is appositely beautiful, funny, intelligent and outgoing. She is
Has anyone ever totally given up on finding love?
Hello everyone! Well I been wanting to post this for a few weeks now. I don't really know how to say it or word it. But, who here has or knows
Today "should" have been our 6 year anniversary
Today was suppose to be our 6th year together. Today is the first time on this date that we are not together. We made this date a big deal
Shoud I break up because my girlfriend hooked up with my cousin in t
I'm jealous because my girlfriend had casual sex with my cousin before she met me. We've been dating for a year, she's very funny, caring, sexy
I'm in love with my co-worker 😥
My coworker and I started working together about 10 months ago. We work closely together all day just the two of us mainly. From the day he started
Aggressive Courting
There's this girl I really, really like, and would really want to be in a relationship with. Unfortunately, recently I messed up, and now I think she
Ask For Advice