Ask For Advice

Thread: Why do I get so nervous and shy around some people, but not others??

xRoh
    Bronze Member

Why do I get so nervous and shy around some people, but not others??

I just don't get it.

I recently just moved house. The people I had been living with for 2 years were nice but I never felt comfortable when talking to them. I've been in my new house for 4 days and I'm scared of it happening again. I just want to be able to forget about my insecurities and mingle with the people I live with. But I always feel like an outsider.

Now, when I work, I get along with my colleagues like a house on fire and I feel like I can be myself. Why is it different when I return home?

NowandZen
    Do you tend to warm to people over time? Sometimes you just have to get to know people. Here's a question that always helps me:

If you were to (insert action here) what do you think the worst thing is that could happen?

twentiesgirl86
    I get like this too. THere are certain people I am automatically drawn too, and I feel comfortable around. Then there are others I feel intimidated and shy with. A lot of the times it`s very beautiful girls around my age that intomidate me the most, but hot guys make me feel that way too.

Top Threads
Accepting myself
Hello everyone, I never thought I'd end up writing about this in a forum but here I am. I've always thought of myself as a strong woman that
How can I live with seeing my sick parents suffer?
My parents are both ill and sick. I do everything I can within my power mentally and physically to help my parents in their lives. Sometimes, it's
What did my friend and i do...what now?
I am a 37 year old single man. I have a very close female friend for the last 8 years. We went from meeting to friends to over the last year and a
Girl doesn't like to show affection over Text
My gf of a few months now is much less affectionate in her words than I am. I know this is true because she's always been this way and her friends
How to get over feelings for someone
Hello all, Pardon my english. I joined my company 2 years ago. I joined with one of my classmate from a training institute. At the time of
Does he even like me or is he using me?
okay so a couple days ago, a guy I had a class with asked for my number so I gave it to him and he was telling how he thought I was cute. anyway one
Feeling really irritated by cousin who copies everything I do....
So my cousin has always tried to do similar things I do, which didn't really bother me as much growing up. I took is as me being her older cousin

Expert Advice
Featured Threads
Don Juan President
I'm the president of Don Juans. I know all the top moves to make with females and I've had sex so many times. If a man needs advice ask right here.
Talk Dirty to Me!
OMGosh this is rampant. I have been serial dating in hopes of finding a long term relationship. BTW, nn the past two weeks I have been doing really
Is it wrong that I don't drive my parent's car to drive myself places as of now?
I am 20 and I have my driver's license but I don't have my own car yet so I have to rely on my parents and the bus to get me places but my parents
Friendship changes, how to deal?
Hello All, My friend and I are close. We consider our friendship like a brother & sister type. Lately, I've been noticing he has been treating me
Online Dating Descripton Sets Off Red Flags For Me, But Maybe Not for Others?
I have someone who has been giving me attention with Online Dating (yes, I thought I'd give it a gentle go. Dip my toe in the water even though I was
Help
Hi, I'm 37 and I have been with my partner for about 5 years and we have been married just under a year. About 5 months ago my now wife had an
Did you ever get over your first love? Post your stories!
Hello, I've been feeling kind of down lately because I always hear people saying that you never get over your first love, or you'll always compare
Ask For Advice