Ask For Advice

Thread: Why do I get so nervous and shy around some people, but not others??

xRoh
    Bronze Member

Why do I get so nervous and shy around some people, but not others??

I just don't get it.

I recently just moved house. The people I had been living with for 2 years were nice but I never felt comfortable when talking to them. I've been in my new house for 4 days and I'm scared of it happening again. I just want to be able to forget about my insecurities and mingle with the people I live with. But I always feel like an outsider.

Now, when I work, I get along with my colleagues like a house on fire and I feel like I can be myself. Why is it different when I return home?

NowandZen
    Do you tend to warm to people over time? Sometimes you just have to get to know people. Here's a question that always helps me:

If you were to (insert action here) what do you think the worst thing is that could happen?

twentiesgirl86
    I get like this too. THere are certain people I am automatically drawn too, and I feel comfortable around. Then there are others I feel intimidated and shy with. A lot of the times it`s very beautiful girls around my age that intomidate me the most, but hot guys make me feel that way too.

Top Threads
my ex-bf thinks we don't have enough in common
We only have been dating for two months but he just broke up with me last night because his main interests are in martial arts and math. He doesn't
Co dependant
I'm not an independent person. Being on my own freaks me out. I'm attached to either my mom or a man really. I'm in therapy had to quit intense
My Friendships With the People Inside My Head
I've been searching for something like this for a while now and nothing has come up, which is frustrating but I completely get it because it's not
The need for constant reaffirmation by the opposite sex
This is sort of a spin-off from an ongoing thread about a woman that I'm absolutely smitten with, but it's applicable to the other rare ones I've
He says it feels like Im not here anymore...
My bf and I recently went through a hardship we are trying to get through. He was beginning to develop feelings for a coworker recognized it, told
Self esteem and comparing self to others
I'm really struggling lately with my self esteem, and I think it stems from comparing myself to others. I'm the oldest of 3 siblings. In the past
Feelings of desperation, loneliness, etc. Hooray!
When I was younger, I was super confident, had more friends than I could count, and always had someone I could talk to if I needed. That being said

Expert Advice
Featured Threads
I love you, but I'm not in love with you.
So my fiancÚ of 7.5 years has decided she isn't in love with me anymore so has broken up with me. Our situation is very complicated we have a 2.5
How far should I go with unfriending/blocking on social media?
Hi all, I'm going hard no contact. She originally unfriended me on Snap and Twitter. I recently unfriended her on FB and IG. I also went a step
missing atm
I think what I miss at the moment is having a friend to talk to like we used to. She became the only person I really talked to for the better part
Mum boyfriend inapropriate
Hi everyone, thought i would share an update on whats happened so far. Thankyou all for helping me out yesterday, everything you all said was really
Girlfriend always mad at me
Me and my girlfriend have been togetehr for almost a year. I love her more than anything and i know shes not cheating on me or anything like that
I [F/26] found underwear in my boyfriend's [M/30] pocket.
I've been with my boyfriend for over a year. Recently, my boyfriend asked me to look for some money, so I looked everywhere and I couldn't find it. I
Ex gf text me out of the blue
I guess I just want some feedback and honest replies as my head is completely gone again. Me and my ex gf have been in no contact for a few months
Ask For Advice