Ask For Advice

Thread: Why do I get so nervous and shy around some people, but not others??

xRoh
    Bronze Member

Why do I get so nervous and shy around some people, but not others??

I just don't get it.

I recently just moved house. The people I had been living with for 2 years were nice but I never felt comfortable when talking to them. I've been in my new house for 4 days and I'm scared of it happening again. I just want to be able to forget about my insecurities and mingle with the people I live with. But I always feel like an outsider.

Now, when I work, I get along with my colleagues like a house on fire and I feel like I can be myself. Why is it different when I return home?

NowandZen
    Do you tend to warm to people over time? Sometimes you just have to get to know people. Here's a question that always helps me:

If you were to (insert action here) what do you think the worst thing is that could happen?

twentiesgirl86
    I get like this too. THere are certain people I am automatically drawn too, and I feel comfortable around. Then there are others I feel intimidated and shy with. A lot of the times it`s very beautiful girls around my age that intomidate me the most, but hot guys make me feel that way too.

Top Threads
I use sex to slove my problems.
I use sex to slove my problems. I don't really know when it started but when I have a problem in my life like: feeling depressed, wanting to kill
Really needing support please
Hi ...im glad i found this forum as i need advice and reassurance i think, either that im in the wrong, or he is and im not crazy! I care deeply
Anyone in a relationship with a musician?
I'm new to this site so Hiiii :) I wondered if anybody on here is in a relationship with a musician? I'm 23, my boyfriend is 26, he's in two bands
Feeling persistently lonely, but.. why? What even is this?
Hello guys, There's something I need to get off my chest.. Something I've been feeling really weird about lately. I'm not sure if there's a way to
How to properly be there for someone in tough times.
My friend is going through a bad experience. Their father is in the hospital and found out he has cancer spreading. It doesnt look good for their
Anxiety about going to a party (long post but please read)
Hi! I am 16 years old and parties with the people I know can get very ugly and wild. All the people I know drink a lot of alcohol and smoke weed and
Work
I got complained by a guest. I feel discouraged. I tried my best to provide good service. Although the guest was displeased , she did not mentioned

Featured Threads
Parent and relationships problems
So clearly i need help sooo i will get right into the story.....sorry its so long I am a 25 year old male who is in a relationship with my 19
My boyfriend is trying to date other woman on online dating site.
I really need help. I am so confused. My boyfriend is on online dating site. He said he wants to date other women. We were on and off relationship
My wife left me without having even a talk
Hi everybody, I wonder if this is normal just to leave a marriage of 7 years without having a proper talk before moving on? It happened to me that
Confused about FWB
Last weekend my FWB and I made plans to meet up. He drove down from his place to go to a party with friends, afterwards he was coming to spend the
Everything is just JUMBLED
I have an extremely, EXTREMELY screwed up life. At least from my point of view it is. At least I think I'm the only one that knows my own
Getting over someone to be with them again later?
Long story short, my ex broke up with me after 4 years because he said he was immature and needed to grow up without me and part of that was meeting
Need Advice - it's urgent for me
Hello Everyone, I meesed up my life and I take full responsibilty. I ned advice and what to do to remedy the situation immediately and prevent it
Ask For Advice