Ask For Advice

Thread: Why do I get so nervous and shy around some people, but not others??

xRoh
    Bronze Member

Why do I get so nervous and shy around some people, but not others??

I just don't get it.

I recently just moved house. The people I had been living with for 2 years were nice but I never felt comfortable when talking to them. I've been in my new house for 4 days and I'm scared of it happening again. I just want to be able to forget about my insecurities and mingle with the people I live with. But I always feel like an outsider.

Now, when I work, I get along with my colleagues like a house on fire and I feel like I can be myself. Why is it different when I return home?

NowandZen
    Do you tend to warm to people over time? Sometimes you just have to get to know people. Here's a question that always helps me:

If you were to (insert action here) what do you think the worst thing is that could happen?

twentiesgirl86
    I get like this too. THere are certain people I am automatically drawn too, and I feel comfortable around. Then there are others I feel intimidated and shy with. A lot of the times it`s very beautiful girls around my age that intomidate me the most, but hot guys make me feel that way too.

Top Threads
I wanna message my ex and ask him what happened to him and his gf?
He posted on fb that he hates girls and happy being single. I think he and his rebound girlfriend are separated now. I feel emotional and weak. I
Guy liked me a lot, now he's ignoring me.
I've met this guy that seemed extremely interested in me. He got my number & we texted and proceeded to hang out. We went on a date that went
I feel so alone.
I've been feeling a bit better about myself as of late, trying to keep a positive mindset and whatnot, but at the end of the day my emotions just
Why do I attract the wrong people?
Ok so I need some help with this. A few months back I fell for a coworker I thought was into me. He pursued me first, asked me out, flirted
I don't know how to feel
ok so there's a girl I like and she had broken up with her bf about a month ago, I started talking with her and just hanging out going for walks and
Help me
When my boyfriend and I had started dating I thought we were great. He had introduced me to his 3 kids and yes he was a little rude and had anger
Unsure thoughts a certain relationship?
I am in a same sex relationship, my girlfriend went to a program that helps her achieve her gr12 diploma. She was assigned a CSO worker. A sort of

Expert Advice
Featured Threads
Weird crazy breakup
Here goes. We was together 4 and a half years, lived together for the most of that with her grandparents, yeah moved in pretty quick because of
is my bf racist? is there a future?
I am a bit dumbfounded and confused.. pls comment.. I have been dating my bf for 3 years. I look asian and he looks european. Things have not always
Great conversation but she Ghosted me?!
When I asked for her phone number, she kinda looked at me (the really dude? face). I knew it was over, but seriously it bothers me that we had a
My Girlfriend's Extreme Anger and Dramatic Behavior Are Ruining Our Relationship
This is gonna be a long one. Bear with me.. Okay, so this is my absolute first post on any forum ever. I am a 21 year old male, and I am currently in
Wrapping your head around an incurable condition
How does one do that ? While my condition is not fatal it is incurable and my life quality will steadily deteriorate over time. Most possible will
My mom kept a secret for 28 years
I'm 28 years old, my mom always told me to not sleep around, said she never slept w anyone till she got married, etc. well randomly tonight she tells
Confusing relationship with ex
So my ex and I broke up about 3 months ago. There was a lot of hurt, I was really depressed for the first weeks until I got back on my feet and
Ask For Advice