Ask For Advice

Thread: Why do I get so nervous and shy around some people, but not others??

xRoh
    Bronze Member

Why do I get so nervous and shy around some people, but not others??

I just don't get it.

I recently just moved house. The people I had been living with for 2 years were nice but I never felt comfortable when talking to them. I've been in my new house for 4 days and I'm scared of it happening again. I just want to be able to forget about my insecurities and mingle with the people I live with. But I always feel like an outsider.

Now, when I work, I get along with my colleagues like a house on fire and I feel like I can be myself. Why is it different when I return home?

NowandZen
    Do you tend to warm to people over time? Sometimes you just have to get to know people. Here's a question that always helps me:

If you were to (insert action here) what do you think the worst thing is that could happen?

twentiesgirl86
    I get like this too. THere are certain people I am automatically drawn too, and I feel comfortable around. Then there are others I feel intimidated and shy with. A lot of the times it`s very beautiful girls around my age that intomidate me the most, but hot guys make me feel that way too.

Top Threads
Promiscuous, serial cheating girlfriend.
Ok, so I'm new to this internet forum advice thing, but I'm seeking advice. I'm a serial monogamous man, however I did have an affair which led to
What's WRONG With Me??!!??
I'm presently engaged to an AMAZING woman! Over the past 4 years she's taken care of me and loved me better than any woman ever has. Not only that
should i get back with my ex bf? even though he hve a new gf ?
today i talk to my ex bf i ask him to send me message everyday coz i miss him soo mcuh he agree, he even tell me he love me and he miss me but he
Married and love someone else
Met a guy year a go before meeting my husband. We fell in love but he was married. We saw each other for a couple of months but couldn't handle
No desire to become involved again
This honestly surprises me but I really have no desire to be involved with anyone now or in the future. I've tried, I'm done. Not worth the hassle
Bad things come in threes
I've always been told that bad things come in threes and this last month has just been the worst. First, my boyfriend and I were together for over a
Finding my path
I'm new to posting on here, but have read a lot of posts and felt I should make one of my own. I am in my mid twenties grew up in NY. When I was 22

Featured Threads
He took my sisters virginity!
Well.. Here goes nothing. I don't have anyone to talk to and hoping to get some insight. My mind is confused and my heart is completely
Dating after working in the sex industry
Hey all, I'm coming out of a difficult time in my life where i worked as a sex worker. I just wanted some opinions on how to handle this when I begin
My boyfriend hangs out one on one with his ex am I right to feel uncomfortable?
Hi everyone, I posted here before about how my boyfriend and his ex are close friends. Long story short, they date for two years, realised they were
What does this mean?
I'm a 24 year old man and I've been in a relationship with my girlfriend for 5 years. But I'm feeling like this relationship is built on blind trust
Is this just "The 21st Century Woman?"
For the past 5 years, every woman I've dated (ages 25-32 we'll say) has had to stress to me immediately, before anything gets going, that they are
Venting I guess... I miss having sex.
So... I don't know if there is any real advice that can be given here. But I'm sure people here can at least relate and maybe share their
My boyfriend curses at me but says he's joking?
Hi everyone, My boyfriend and I have been dating for about 8 months and while everything has been great so far except that he curses at me but says
Ask For Advice