Ask For Advice

Thread: Why do I get so nervous and shy around some people, but not others??

xRoh
    Bronze Member

Why do I get so nervous and shy around some people, but not others??

I just don't get it.

I recently just moved house. The people I had been living with for 2 years were nice but I never felt comfortable when talking to them. I've been in my new house for 4 days and I'm scared of it happening again. I just want to be able to forget about my insecurities and mingle with the people I live with. But I always feel like an outsider.

Now, when I work, I get along with my colleagues like a house on fire and I feel like I can be myself. Why is it different when I return home?

NowandZen
    Do you tend to warm to people over time? Sometimes you just have to get to know people. Here's a question that always helps me:

If you were to (insert action here) what do you think the worst thing is that could happen?

twentiesgirl86
    I get like this too. THere are certain people I am automatically drawn too, and I feel comfortable around. Then there are others I feel intimidated and shy with. A lot of the times it`s very beautiful girls around my age that intomidate me the most, but hot guys make me feel that way too.

Top Threads
What weather makes you happy?
I know for some people this is an insignificant question. They are happy in all the seasons. But for some hypersensitive people, weather can
Feeling really down - suicide and self harm
It's been a while since I posted on her, so here it goes. I've been feeling really down lately, I've been frequently self harming and been having
Am I getting played
Not sure if anyone reading has seen my othere post in the other threads. Ive seen to gotten mixed up with the wrong female and things just are not
Anyone ever lose interest in everything?
I used to like going to work, now I dread even going in now since I work with her and her new bf. I used to love working out, now I feel there is no
Feelings of Aloneness when with SO and coworkers
Hi there, I've been going through a bit of a dilemma that's slowly evolving into a personal crisis. I know it is normal, just going through
Dilemma with co-worker
Hi guys. I am not sure if I am posting to the right forum but this is my first time here, apologies in advance if I am not doing the right thing. I
How to stop taking everything to heart?
Here is the situation, I annoyed a co worker of mine, he snapped at me the other day. Today he pointed out how I annoyed him. Being a person who

valendtine's  day counseling
Featured Threads
How should I proceed?
I have financially supported my wife for the first 10 years of our marriage. I paid for everything (including her student loan from college) while
Was it rape if it wasn't violent?
Okay, I've never posted this on a forum or anywhere before so it's a little uncomfortable for me but bear with me. I met a guy two years ago that
Not sure what to make of this
So my boyfriend, 28, and I (26) have been together a year and a half now. My boyfriend, "Brett", used to be a member of this site called 'Suicide
Was He Cheating?
I need some advice. I have been with my bf for 2.5 years. I recently went through his phone which I never do but I had a bad feeling. He's been
My mother is snooping into my relationship
I know I posted about how my boyfriend came out as a bisexual after three years of dating right before he wanted to propose. And if some of you don't
hello new here and have a very unique situation
I just want to say HI and share a situation that I need help with desperately. So I will start off. I am a 37 yr old male, healthy and fit. I own
Do I leave my secure relationship for my soulmate?
So I've been with my fiancÚ for about 6 years and engaged half that. I've also been friends with a coworker of his for those 6 years. Only about a
Ask For Advice