Ask For Advice

Thread: Why do I get so nervous and shy around some people, but not others??

xRoh
    Bronze Member

Why do I get so nervous and shy around some people, but not others??

I just don't get it.

I recently just moved house. The people I had been living with for 2 years were nice but I never felt comfortable when talking to them. I've been in my new house for 4 days and I'm scared of it happening again. I just want to be able to forget about my insecurities and mingle with the people I live with. But I always feel like an outsider.

Now, when I work, I get along with my colleagues like a house on fire and I feel like I can be myself. Why is it different when I return home?

NowandZen
    Do you tend to warm to people over time? Sometimes you just have to get to know people. Here's a question that always helps me:

If you were to (insert action here) what do you think the worst thing is that could happen?

twentiesgirl86
    I get like this too. THere are certain people I am automatically drawn too, and I feel comfortable around. Then there are others I feel intimidated and shy with. A lot of the times it`s very beautiful girls around my age that intomidate me the most, but hot guys make me feel that way too.

Top Threads
Crazy in love or legit?
I have been talking to this really nice gentleman thru Skype and FaceTime or WhatsApp every single day. We have a lot in common and the same age
did i say the wrong thing? confused
I really have been dating with a girl and 3 days back was the first time we spend time at my place. We were having a good time launging and playing
What should I do?
So there's this girl, ( but isn't that how the story always goes.. ) but I'm not sure if mine is your typical "Boy meets Girl" kind of story. I'm in
Being an Introvert ruining my life
I have lived with my partner and his family for many years, however things have been getting harder for me socially. I am an introvert and find it
Bringing Up the Past
Hi and thank you for reading this. I need some advice - possibly on a legal note. Somebody I know sent a close relative of mine a nasty
Feelings of Being Unwanted and Being a Boring Person
I am new to this forum, but i stumbled upon it looking up some information on self growth and feelings of inferiority. So I wanted some anonymous
I fear that I'll never move forward in life
Hi everyone, So, my issue here is that I'm scared that I'm never going to move forward in my life. I'm scared that even in a few years from now

Expert Advice
Featured Threads
Is he still in love with his EX?
I met this great guy at work (last November), he just got out of a painful breakup (last September) during that time he kept communicating with his
Can't get over girlfriends past
I've been dating this girl for about 5 months and its going great. The only issue is that I can't get over her sexual history. There are several
I dont like my girlfriends new piercing
So my girlfriend went and got nipple piercings knowing that i didnt like them and didnt tell me she was gonna get them. They are a really big turn
What I am to her ?
hey guys I want some counseling .. I met a girl online .. At first she said that she doesn't wanna fall for me and we will be just friends .. I said
I want my family back
Hi, I was dumped on New Years Eve by my ex girlfriend of 8 years whom I have a 6 year old with. We have been arguing for the past few months prior to
Anxious and depressed about being 32 yo and not married
I could really use some kind and encouraging words right now because I wake up every morning to an intense feeling of pain because I am alone. I'm 32
Ex (dumper) delays giving keys back. Why?
First time poster. Been viewing threads somewhat regularly for a few months now and figured I'd get a few opinions. I'll give a little of the
Ask For Advice