Thread: Why do I get so nervous and shy around some people, but not others??

Bronze Member

Why do I get so nervous and shy around some people, but not others??

I just don't get it.

I recently just moved house. The people I had been living with for 2 years were nice but I never felt comfortable when talking to them. I've been in my new house for 4 days and I'm scared of it happening again. I just want to be able to forget about my insecurities and mingle with the people I live with. But I always feel like an outsider.

Now, when I work, I get along with my colleagues like a house on fire and I feel like I can be myself. Why is it different when I return home?
    Every day is Halloween

Hurricane Alley
    Do you tend to warm to people over time? Sometimes you just have to get to know people. Here's a question that always helps me:

If you were to (insert action here) what do you think the worst thing is that could happen?
    When someone judges you, it says more about them than it does about you.
    Don't believe everything you think.
    The way of El Andy is the way of peace. And of creature comforts.

I get like this too. THere are certain people I am automatically drawn too, and I feel comfortable around. Then there are others I feel intimidated and shy with. A lot of the times it`s very beautiful girls around my age that intomidate me the most, but hot guys make me feel that way too.

Top Threads
what is it with the new people exs date....them seem to resent the past
There seems to be this pattern ive noticed with my friends relationships as well as my own and I dont get it. My ex from years ago dated another
Am I wrong?
For the last few years, I've lived with my boyfriend, his parents and two brothers. His brothers would have girlfriends over, they would also visit
Confusion with FWB
let me get straight to the point i've recently entered an FWB relationship with a guy at my college and like most relationships of this nature ive
Alone with no family, friends, or any chance of being loved.
I have nothing to live for. Iím 23 but I look 35. I may have been a pretty girl once but years of substance abuse and intense depression and stress
Need Help!! Advice Please!!
My friend (celi) wants me to go to Homecoming with her brother. I don't mind going with him, like he is cute, he is in Varsity Football, and I heard
Featured Threads
It shouldn't be this hard....
So I've been in a relationship with this girl for 2 years as of the 28th of October. I took things way too fast and she moved in fairly quick. It
Why do I keep meeting women who don't put much effort or initiative in dating?
I'm not sure if it's the area I live in, the sign of the times, or what, but I keep meeting women who don't put much effort or initiative when dating
Being smart or materialistic?
I don't know if I what I'm feeling could be considered of those of a 'gold digger' or materialistic. I acknowledge the fact that It may seem like it
falsely accused of having offensive odor
Hi all, I am feeling very humiliated. There was someone at work who went to complain directly to the director of the company that I had a
The complications of an attempted three-way
The last few days have been a jumble of hurt feelings, disappointment and guilt. I'm not sure there's any advice than can magically make this make