why is my Ex trying to make me jealous?

Danmasta

My ex and I recently split up. It was very sad for me as I was very much in love. We had no contact the last two weeks and last night we had a conversation on facebook messages about what happened. She admitted to using me and being a bad person, that she doesn't want me anymore and just wants to do her own thing without worrying about anyone else. It made me feel a lot better just to get the truth. She asked if we could still talk, that she was getting a new phone. and I told her it's too soon to discuss that we'll deal with it when the time comes. Then we became facebook friends again.

She messaged me today asking me why I had deleted her off facebook in the first place. Then she logged off immediately. I said because I was being dumb. I was all over the place, and that it wasn't because of spite or anger. She then asked me about my new job, and logged off right away, this time never responding later. She DID however start flirting with some guy all over her page all day, while not responding to out conversation. I checked her page and she had posted nothing in two weeks since our break up. now she is intentionally blowing me off and flirting with this guy just minutes after adding me? Am i crazy or is she really trying to make me jealous. and Why is she doing it?

oh and they are making plans to hang out. saying they miss each other and all this bs. she is totally leading him on to flirting. it's wayyy obvious

haha yep, definitely trying to make you jealous. you know what the best way to get her back? completely ignore it and dont even bring it up next time you talk to her and when she does bring it up(she will talk about that guy to you, count on it) act cool, as if you dont give two rats ases. THAT will irritate the hell out of her.(to be honest i dont even know why you're talking to her in the first place, you need to have some dignity and self respect and move on from this obviously immature girl who admitted to using you. be a man bro and toss her out of your life

Thanks for the replies, I think you all are right. and I'm pretty certain she was trying to make me jealous immediately following the break up. but she has since posted things like how she is addicted to this particular artist these days, one that I used to sing to her all the time and she loved it. she always told me she misses it when I sing. And she never listened to this artist before I met her. Could this be a sign that she is missing me?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Trying to make someone jealous isn't always because you're interested in them. People and emotions are very complex. she broke up with you but that doesn't mean that she doesn't get a kick out of the fact that you want her back especially if whatever is happening in her own life isn't great. She may just like the attention that you give her. Unless you're into games don't play with her.

Archived