Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 18 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Hall of Famous ENA Quotes*

Hall of Famous ENA Quotes*

Hi All*

As I've travelled along this healing journey and worked these forums I have come accross so many great quotes from posters.

There is a truck full of famous quotes out there that will help you through...Stick 'em on your fridge or your bathroom mirror etc...

One of my favourites is: "When you're going through Hell ~ Keep Going!" - Winston Churchill.....

But this thread is for great quotes that you may have come accross from the deep pool of amazing ENA posters....Hopefully it will become a carthartic thread to read through....*

Here's a true one from Ed:
    Originally Posted by Edmund Exley
    Something still may happen in the future. The future just isnt now.
    And this one gave me a chuckle:
    Originally Posted by AvonRepus
    He sucked as a husband but he sucks even more as my EX husband.
    If you find any of the quotes helpful I really do recommend printing or writing them out and sticking them where you can read them everyday*

Thanks to everyone who has contributed to this great forum, and even bigger thanks to those that stay around to help others when they can*

Stay Strong Everyone.
    Carus* 8-)
    Last edited by Carus; 07-24-2011 at 11:19 AM.

I love this thread in celebration of our 10th anniversary. So I'm sticking it to the main page so everyone can participate!

3. 07-24-2011, 11:06 AM
    Reason
    Disrespectful

Aww, thanks Avman*....My very first sticky! \\

And yes...Big congrats on the 10 Year milestone*

When I was instantly replaced many moons ago, one of the most helpful posters was CrazyAboutDogs*

Here is one quote from her that has always stuck with me:
    Originally Posted by Crazyaboutdogs
    When somebody jumps straight into a new RS from another, that is just a transference of feelings and emotions from the previous RS. But if someone spends some time alone, heals properly and then finds someone new, then those feelings will be more genuine.
    Granted my ex's rebound actually worked out, but this quote really helped me and I still agree with it*

Sunshine!
    Carus* 8-)

Originally Posted by fullofregret
    You state that you broke up because she wanted time apart, however you are in still in contact and seeing each other once a week - this is not having time apart.
    True dat...

8-)

SIDE NOTE: If you post a quote, please credit the original poster*
    Last edited by Carus; 07-24-2011 at 11:47 AM.

Great thread idea!!

Here is one I LOVED by my good friend Love1336 and it's SO true!

Originally Posted by Love1336
    Some people are meant to come into your life for a lifetime, some for only a season and you got to know which is which. And you're always messing up when you mix those seasonal people up with lifetime expectations.
    And this analogy is one of my favorites!!! I was actually telling someone about it recently because it's one of the best analogies I have found and the poster explained it so wonderfully!!

Originally Posted by Talus

Ultimately this disappointment is the same disappointment you get when you can no longer find your favourite flavour of ice cream. You may have loved Honeycomb. Got it every week. Go to get it again and boom, not there. What. The. * * * * !? You'll be disappointed. Upset. Hungry. But what do you do? You whinge for a little, 'cus we all love a good whinge, but then you reluctantly try choc chip cookie dough. Om nom... Oh my god. Honeycomb can piss off! This new flavour is the bomb!! Head back in the following week and both honeycomb and choc chip cookie dough are there... You look at the 2 and whilst you remember the good times with honeycomb; that particular hot day where it cooled you down, that time you dribbled it on your shirt or even that time your friend pushed your face into it. But you don't want it. It's not for you anymore. You've moved on. You're a cookie dough man/woman now. You couldn't be happier. But if honeycomb had've stuck around that week you could've had a very mediocre ice cream eating career because you never would've had the guts, or the opportunity to try a different flavour.

Life's short guys. There are other flavours of ice cream out there. But for now I suggest you all go on a diet from it. Don't force anything.

Although this is not a direct quote from an ENA member, I thank [JoeK_19] for referring us to it because I will never spell "embrace" the normal way again after reading this online profile

Being replaced and instantly forgotten, these are some of many quotes on this forum that helped in my situation.

Originally Posted by Waenhir
    Now it is just me. I am still thinking, do I really want him back? And if I do, what are the things I have to put my foot down about? I have given him freedom and he had misused it. I have given him trust, and he had broken it. I gave him time, he went around the corner ever chance he had for something more 'convenient'. Think about how sad it is for the other woman - she was chosen because she was 'more convenient.'
    Originally Posted by D_Lish
    Anyone who has feelings for you/loves you, does not forget you like yesterdays trash...
    Someone who doesnt care, does....
    Originally Posted by Dinka
    It made me realize that it wasn't necessarily about him making a "mistake." Maybe he truly did just need to try things with someone else and see where the field seemed greener. But what it WAS about is that he had disregard for me as a person and didn't bother wanting to try dealing with a hurdle in our relationship.
    When it all comes down to it, it isn't about CHEATING. It's really not. It's about that person's personality, allowing themselves to make poor choices, their disregard for you and your feelings, their inability to communicate, and - above all - the fact that this sort of treatment is not a quality I want in a lover.
    Originally Posted by ILoveMyself
    They are like Monkey jumping from one tree to another but they never leave the current branch of the tree until they make sure that they have the hold of the new branch.
    Originally Posted by Royltnxile
    If someone can walk away from you...let them walk! Your destiny is never tied to anyone who can leave you.
    Originally Posted by JonasWaingaro
    Leaving for someone else is the ultimate disrespect, lying about it only compounds things. No way one can respect either of those choices. It devalues everyone involved on some level and is simply wrong. Seeking a 'better' life at the expense of someone else is wrong and shows a true lack of character. No one can really respect that. IMO.
    Originally Posted by idon'tgetit
    i think i can honestly say i couldn't take him back. after the completely cold and heartless was he treated me, he's definitely not the person i was once in love with. unfortunately, all the good times have been replaced by this spineless, cold hearted idiot who didn't really deserve me then and certainly doesn't deserve me after all this. how do you cut someone out of your life completely...i mean not even a call to see if they're alive after 9 years...that's a heartless worm to me.
    Originally Posted by Crazyaboutdogs
    The pain comes more from having been disrespected rather than from the actual loss of the person. It takes longer to get over the sense of betrayal than it does to get over the actual person. It is easy to get over someone who has shown themself to be nasty and inconsiderate..but it is not as easy to get over their actions towards you. What you need to focus on is that if he did this to you then chances are he was not the decent guy you thought him to be and likely this is how he operates in life in general. So this is really not about you, this is about how he deals with things and how he interacts with people. In other words, to let go of the pain you have to realize that this is really his problem not yours.

Thanks Mttens*

Yeh, CrazyAboutDogs* is good isn't she

Destiny* has these couple of faves of mine iin her sig but I'm gonna credit her with them anyway:
    Originally Posted by Destiny2112
    >>No man is worth your tears... and the one who is, wouldn’t make you cry...<<

>>Trying to forget someone you love, is like trying to remember someone you never met<<
    8-)

[QUOTE=Carus;4913096]Thanks Mttens*

Yeh, CrazyAboutDogs* is good isn't she

Yes, she is. Lavenderdove and catfeeder are also great.

Originally Posted by learning2relax
    In the end, if our ex's left us and don't come back, it wasn't meant to be. No matter how great it was it wouldn't work if they don't love themselves enough to receive the love we have for them.
    ......love it

8-)

Page 1 of 18 1234 ... LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice