Hall of Famous ENA Quotes*

Hi All*

As I've travelled along this healing journey and worked these forums I have come accross so many great quotes from posters.

There is a truck full of famous quotes out there that will help you through...Stick 'em on your fridge or your bathroom mirror etc...

One of my favourites is: "When you're going through Hell ~ Keep Going!" - Winston Churchill.....

But this thread is for great quotes that you may have come accross from the deep pool of amazing ENA posters....Hopefully it will become a carthartic thread to read through....*

Here's a true one from Ed:

Something still may happen in the future. The future just isnt now.

And this one gave me a chuckle:

He sucked as a husband but he sucks even more as my EX husband.

If you find any of the quotes helpful I really do recommend printing or writing them out and sticking them where you can read them everyday*

Thanks to everyone who has contributed to this great forum, and even bigger thanks to those that stay around to help others when they can*

Stay Strong Everyone.

Carus* 8-)

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Aww, thanks Avman*....My very first sticky! \\

And yes...Big congrats on the 10 Year milestone*

When I was instantly replaced many moons ago, one of the most helpful posters was CrazyAboutDogs*

Here is one quote from her that has always stuck with me:

When somebody jumps straight into a new RS from another, that is just a transference of feelings and emotions from the previous RS. But if someone spends some time alone, heals properly and then finds someone new, then those feelings will be more genuine.

Granted my ex's rebound actually worked out, but this quote really helped me and I still agree with it*

Sunshine!

Carus* 8-)

You state that you broke up because she wanted time apart, however you are in still in contact and seeing each other once a week - this is not having time apart.

True dat...

8-)

SIDE NOTE: If you post a quote, please credit the original poster*

Great thread idea!!

Here is one I LOVED by my good friend Love1336 and it's SO true!

Some people are meant to come into your life for a lifetime, some for only a season and you got to know which is which. And you're always messing up when you mix those seasonal people up with lifetime expectations.

And this analogy is one of my favorites!!! I was actually telling someone about it recently because it's one of the best analogies I have found and the poster explained it so wonderfully!!

Ultimately this disappointment is the same disappointment you get when you can no longer find your favourite flavour of ice cream. You may have loved Honeycomb. Got it every week. Go to get it again and boom, not there. What. The. * * * * !? You'll be disappointed. Upset. Hungry. But what do you do? You whinge for a little, 'cus we all love a good whinge, but then you reluctantly try choc chip cookie dough. Om nom... Oh my god. Honeycomb can piss off! This new flavour is the bomb!! Head back in the following week and both honeycomb and choc chip cookie dough are there... You look at the 2 and whilst you remember the good times with honeycomb; that particular hot day where it cooled you down, that time you dribbled it on your shirt or even that time your friend pushed your face into it. But you don't want it. It's not for you anymore. You've moved on. You're a cookie dough man/woman now. You couldn't be happier. But if honeycomb had've stuck around that week you could've had a very mediocre ice cream eating career because you never would've had the guts, or the opportunity to try a different flavour.

Life's short guys. There are other flavours of ice cream out there. But for now I suggest you all go on a diet from it. Don't force anything.

Being replaced and instantly forgotten, these are some of many quotes on this forum that helped in my situation.

Now it is just me. I am still thinking, do I really want him back? And if I do, what are the things I have to put my foot down about? I have given him freedom and he had misused it. I have given him trust, and he had broken it. I gave him time, he went around the corner ever chance he had for something more 'convenient'. Think about how sad it is for the other woman - she was chosen because she was 'more convenient.'

Anyone who has feelings for you/loves you, does not forget you like yesterdays trash...

Someone who doesnt care, does....

It made me realize that it wasn't necessarily about him making a "mistake." Maybe he truly did just need to try things with someone else and see where the field seemed greener. But what it WAS about is that he had disregard for me as a person and didn't bother wanting to try dealing with a hurdle in our relationship.

When it all comes down to it, it isn't about CHEATING. It's really not. It's about that person's personality, allowing themselves to make poor choices, their disregard for you and your feelings, their inability to communicate, and - above all - the fact that this sort of treatment is not a quality I want in a lover.

They are like Monkey jumping from one tree to another but they never leave the current branch of the tree until they make sure that they have the hold of the new branch.

If someone can walk away from you...let them walk! Your destiny is never tied to anyone who can leave you.

Leaving for someone else is the ultimate disrespect, lying about it only compounds things. No way one can respect either of those choices. It devalues everyone involved on some level and is simply wrong. Seeking a 'better' life at the expense of someone else is wrong and shows a true lack of character. No one can really respect that. IMO.

i think i can honestly say i couldn't take him back. after the completely cold and heartless was he treated me' date=' he's definitely not the person i was once in love with. unfortunately, all the good times have been replaced by this spineless, cold hearted idiot who didn't really deserve me then and certainly doesn't deserve me after all this. how do you cut someone out of your life completely...i mean not even a call to see if they're alive after 9 years...that's a heartless worm to me.[/quote']

The pain comes more from having been disrespected rather than from the actual loss of the person. It takes longer to get over the sense of betrayal than it does to get over the actual person. It is easy to get over someone who has shown themself to be nasty and inconsiderate..but it is not as easy to get over their actions towards you. What you need to focus on is that if he did this to you then chances are he was not the decent guy you thought him to be and likely this is how he operates in life in general. So this is really not about you, this is about how he deals with things and how he interacts with people. In other words, to let go of the pain you have to realize that this is really his problem not yours.

Thanks Mttens*

Yeh, CrazyAboutDogs* is good isn't she

Destiny* has these couple of faves of mine iin her sig but I'm gonna credit her with them anyway:

>>No man is worth your tears... and the one who is, wouldn’t make you cry...

>>Trying to forget someone you love, is like trying to remember someone you never met

8-)

In the end, if our ex's left us and don't come back, it wasn't meant to be. No matter how great it was it wouldn't work if they don't love themselves enough to receive the love we have for them.

......love it

8-)

I don't know if this counts...

But back when you couldn't say the word ass here without it showing up as asterisks, Hellfrost has ***Kiss My Asterisks*** in his signature.

If its against the rules to say that I won't be upset if the Mods delete this post. Sorry.

I found this quote a while back and saved it. I think this poster makes excellent points in her post.

You have every right to miss those memories. You just have no reason to. They have no bearing upon your happiness in the present, and they'll never be able to change the past.

As for being sad, go right ahead. But you're not missing this person anymore; you're missing a life that you can share with someone that makes you happy. I know it's not easy to forget those memories. But time keeps on moving, and thusly you must move on too.

If you're having trouble erasing any memories of that person, then find a way to distract yourself. Every time you think of anything even remotely associated with him, start working out, or start thinking of ways to improve your life. (work on projects, talk to people, clean your room) -JadeArdor (2/12/11)

From LP90's sig "Never settle to be someone's option, you should be their priority."

Not that someone should make you their whole life, but you get the idea. All those who have felt like one of their exes just strung them alone will definitely get the quote.

ohh this is great!

i have so many wonderful quotes!

"Grudges are a waste of perfect happiness. Laugh when you can, apologize when you should, and let go of what you can't change." ~The notebook twitter.

"You were never a waste of time. You were just the harsh realization that i could do better."

"An intelligent man will open your mind. A handsome man will open your eyes, and a gentlemen will open your heart"

"The past should be the past.It can destroy the future. Live life for what tomorrow has to offer, not what yesterday has taken away"

"Some people are real. Some people are fake & some people are real good at being fake."

"don't stress the "could have". If it should have, it would have"

"if he wanted to be with you, he would. if he wanted to call you, he would. if you wanted to talk to you, he would."

All from The notebook twitter.

Perhaps our eyes need to be washed by our tears once in a while, so that we can see life with a clearer view again.

Things in life are going to change. It is not about the changes, it's about how you react to the changes, accept the changes and understand things change for a reason and it is usually for the better.

It is better to let go and see if they come back than to hold on and see if they let go.

There are things we don't want to happen but have to accept, things we don't want to know but have to learn, and people we can't live without, but have to let go.

This goes for during and after a relationship, or anything in life to be honest.

"Don't make someone a priority who is treating you like you are merely an option."

This one stood out for me too, from a bon iver song, "Who will love you, who will fight, and who will fall far behind?" .. pretty much everyone I have met can go in one of those three categories and its helped me in life and in the breakup to realize some people fade, some stay, some will love you, and not everyone wants from you like you would want.

From Real Deal!! He's the man!

Think about this for a second - is pinning over a girl that is with another guy something that a man that has hit sh*t together does? Nope. Make the move towards the light - you will NOT regret it!

What you are telling yourself is that there is not another woman as good as her on the face of the planet. Really? So you have met every woman out there...all 3.2 billion of them? Not to mention you view her as such a catch and the greatest thing for you that walks the face of the earth. What are you conveying to her AND YOURSELF when you say this? That your life is less than perfect now and that you NEED her to make it perfect. Does that sound like a guy that has his sh*t together?

Archived