Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1718192021 LastLast

Thread: Hall of Famous ENA Quotes*

This is a lengthy quote, but I don't know who posted it and forgive me if it wasn't here, but it is a good read, everyday, especially for someone new to the pains of a break up and heart ache...

They (the dumper) walked away, so while they were the stronger and more "together" person at the time that they did it, they also didn't come away from it with the amount of motivation that you did. They didn't have the same reason to look at their reflection and ask the hard questions. You were forced to, and eventually you were glad for it because it forced you to tackle the questions and seek the answers, to do the self-development that you wouldn't have otherwise because it was outside of your comfort zone.

But people adapt. You remove someone from what they're used to and put them in a harsh and challenging situation and they will, eventually, adapt and grow into it and conquer it. The person that left hasn't been challenged in the same way, they're going elsewhere to find someone that will compliment them "better" without taking time to reflect on the part they also played in the breakup. So they are going to take their same habits (good and bad) and their old self into their next relationship and what they're probably going to find because of that is that it will follow an eerily similar path, but when it reaches the same point, that person they replaced you with may not have the same tolerance for their behavior or acceptance and love for them when all the cards are laid out and the novelty of a fresh relationship fades.

Meanwhile what did you do? You improved, you learned and used every resource you could find to do it, you rediscovered/made adjustments to your life path and purpose, you became stronger and developed a thicker skin, you learned to become less dependent and more independent because you likely had to spend a lot of time alone with yourself and had to learn to be. You eventually returned to the same strong person that they fell in love with, but with even more growth and composure. And while maybe their alternative to you might work out for them for some time, if it ever falls apart and, in the aftermath, they look back on you fondly, where will you be at that point? Probably no longer clamoring for them or thinking about them very often, but probably off becoming an amazing person and living for yourself. Being appreciated and valued in the ways that you deserve to be. If any part of them loved you they'll be happy for you, but probably kicking themselves underneath if they see you truly have changed for the better and someone else gets to enjoy your presence while they've forfeited their place beside you.
    Last edited by wgmitch; 06-24-2019 at 03:42 PM.

🙊🙉🙈🤖👹👽👍🙀🐷🐶🦃👣
    Originally Posted by Gary Snyder
    this guy went right from keeper to creeper!

I’m new here...it’s been a year and half since my breakup.....I just love quotes....it always helps in my journey in life....so here are a few...I don’t have the authors..but ones I can relate to....

“One of the hardest lessons in life is letting go..whether it is guilt, anger, Love, or loss...Change is never easy, you fight to hold on and you fight to let go.”

“You are free to choose but you are not free from the consequences of your choice.”

“Feelings are much like waves...we can’t stop them from coming but we can choose which ones to surf.”

“You can close your eyes to the things you do not want to see..but you cannot close your heart to the things you do not want to feel.”

Welcome SurferGirl* - Glad this thread is helping you. Year and a half for me too.....After my ex wife exploded our life I moved to Indonesia so I can surf almost every day. Come join me? :)

Here’s a recent one from our stalwart*
    Originally Posted by Wiseman2
    The only thing worse than a fair weather friend is a fair weather partner.
    C*

Very well said:
    Originally Posted by catfeeder
    You can't 'encourage' someone with negativity--it's not inspiring.

Originally Posted by Someone Who Doesn't Post Much Anymore
    The past is another country, and the border is closed, permanently
    From one of our hidden vets*

:)

Gold Member
    Now that the series is finished, I suspect we can admit that GRRM did well with "The past is written. The ink is dry".

I'm sure someone said something similar, some where in here.

Originally Posted by Eyalline
    In reality, if only there was a world without him in it, I would gladly live there.
    Heh...nice.

Thanks for the chuckle :)

Carus ,please make t-shirts that say this so they can be sent out to those in need.👕
    Originally Posted by catfeeder
    People are not projects and dating is not social work.

Originally Posted by Wiseman2
    Carus ,please make t-shirts that say this so they can be sent out to those in need.👕
    lol...Sure....Just send the money to [Register to see the link] :)

Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1718192021 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice