Open Club  ·  95 members  ·  Free

Journals

Life On The Rocinante' (After Dark!)

Cynder

OH GEEZ! Wonder who??? No one would be interested in my mail...just bills. And a lawn chair? Maybe whoever was there, was sitting on your front porch waiting for you to get home. Went thru your mail out of boredom.....sheesh!!!!

Stuff like that really freaks me out. I was legitimately stalked for over a year when I was in my early 20s. And I mean, this was so severe that two police departments had to get involved. (By this I mean the county sheriff's dept. and the Campus police, since my stalker was coming to the University.) He was coming to where I worked and hanging out there outside for my whole shift. I am cringing just remembering this. He made a lot of threats toward me and my family. He claimed to have Mafia connections, etc.

I figured out who it was the other night. It was my friend Julie. I mentioned a while back that I wanted a gravity chair for my front porch. She found a cheap one at a yard sale and brought it over here thinking I would be home. There was quite a bit of mail in my box so she took it out and was going to bring it in the house, because she knows where my spare key is hidden. Well she dropped the bundle of mail and it went everywhere. And when she was picking it up, my neighbor yelled across the street demanding to know what she was doing on my porch. (I have nosy neighbors, lol.) So, she just kind of left. lol. So I come home to this chair just laying there and some of my mail laying on my porch.

I think I might have found a tenant. I still have to do a background check... The last guy who was interested in renting from me was a convicted rapist. And it was a child that he raped. Um no... not when there are so many kids in my neighborhood. Thank goodness we live in 2016 where you can find out just about anything about someone by using Google.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]11643[/ATTACH]

Yea, so I've been away for a long time. Why am I back? Because this thread is the longest-running documented history of my life that exists and I want to keep it going. Above is my latest painting.

In other news I just cleaned out my frdge and it didn't even take a whole Tool song. So there's that. :)

Hi Cynders!!! I was looking at the forum, and noticing all the people i use to read, not on anymore. (I only comment) and i saw your name. I thought....surely NOT! But it was. Will look at your painting....but because I"M NOSEY....what's going on in your life? Romantically??? Anything???

[ATTACH=CONFIG]11643[/ATTACH]

Yea, so I've been away for a long time. Why am I back? Because this thread is the longest-running documented history of my life that exists and I want to keep it going. Above is my latest painting.

In other news I just cleaned out my frdge and it didn't even take a whole Tool song. So there's that. :)

Said invalid link....hmmm

If I would have known getting back on my meds was going to be this much Hell I would have thought a lot harder before going off them. I had to go off them for a while while detoxing for my last Ayahuasca ceremony. The ceremony was two weeks ago, and I felt amazing afterward like I always do. Then I go back on my meds, and suddenly I'm in emotional Hell.

I just hung out with my brother for a couple of hours and couldn't even really enjoy myself. I don't even want to talk to anyone right now face to face because they will ask what's wrong, and in all actuality, there's nothing wrong. My body is just adjusting again.

I didn't get a chance to talk to Z today before she left for work. Of course, the Universe sends someone amazing into my life when I am not ready or capable of being in a relationship. I'm wondering what the lesson is to be learned from this.

I meant to put this in my above post but forgot. And now I can't edit it.

Today the bigwigs from Hyundai were at my work and I was basically trying to fend off an anxiety attack all damn day. I was worried they were going to come over and talk to me while these meds have me feeling like a basketcase. Thankfully they didn't.

• 2 months later...

It was nice coming home from work today and hanging out with Z and Josh. Z has been so depressed lately and I hate seeing her like that. I guess the good news is it's situational. I mean, depression is never fun. But at least when it's situational there is some kind of objective/end in sight. Depression that comes from a chemical embalance can hit and time and go away at any time without warning. Her car being out of commission means she can't do her job. And not being able to do her job is causing a lot of financial stress. She knows I will do whatever I can to help. It kills me though hearing my girlfriend cry and say she feels worthless. She seemed to be in a lot better spirits today though since she got Josh to look at her car.

Omg... K is making me laugh so hard. He got into the Nutella earlier and ate a bunch of it after his Mom told him not to. Now he's dancing around the basement singing songs about Z and I. He came upstairs to show me his Spiderman pyjamas and sing me a song about Santa Clause earlier. I love having a kid in this house. (He is my 7 year old nephew, for context.)

Z starts her new job tomorrow. I'm so excited for her. Getting up that early will take some getting used to since she's been working at night for so long. But I'm glad to see her getting out of a job she hates.

Sagi seems to be doing better today also.

I'm so excited to go to the gym tomorrow. Since I tore my Achilles tendon I have missed working out so much. So glad to get back into it.

So I kinda screwed up at work this morning. We aren't supposed to leave the atrium until we have our temp taken in the morning. I was feeling so nauseus this morning that I had to go into the ladies room. I know I was breaking the rules, but I figured walking to the ladies room with a mask on was the lesser evil. I'm sure it would have been a lot worse to stand in the atrium and puke in front of everyone. Well, because of this I can't go back to work until I've been tested for Covid. I understand where they are coming from though. They are a business and they want to keep their employees safe.

I think eventually we are all going to get it. It's going to just run its course and die off. If I wasn't worried about the possibility of infecting Z and K (Z is my girlfriend, K is my 7-year-old nephew who practically lives with me right now) I wouldn't even be upset if I had it.

So now I have to go get ready for my Doctor's appt.

Hope you feel better and that it's nothing serious.

I miss when my nieces and nephews were that age. Life is a lot more enjoyable when you have a child around to make you laugh and remind you to have some more fun every now and then. Enjoy it, they grow up way to fast.

Hope you feel better and that it's nothing serious.

I miss when my nieces and nephews were that age. Life is a lot more enjoyable when you have a child around to make you laugh and remind you to have some more fun every now and then. Enjoy it, they grow up way to fast.

Yes. Having a kid in the house makes life entertaining. He has such a vivid imagination. And he's really artistic too.

He worries a lot for someone so young though. My dishwasher sometimes leaks a little on the kitchen floor. It was doing that earlier tonight and he was saying he's scared it will flood the whole house. I told him to relax. The dishwasher doesn't even hold enough water to flood the whole house.

And he likes to clean. He will ask me if he can do random things like mop the floor. I always tell him he is welcome to clean anything he wants.

I miss the days when I didn't have to drink carbonated water all the time just to calm my stomach down. This started when I got my IUD. My 5 years are up next year. I don't think I will have them put another one in when this one is removed. It sucks being nauseous pretty much every morning and sometimes later in the day too.

I miss the days when I didn't have to drink carbonated water all the time just to calm my stomach down. This started when I got my IUD. My 5 years are up next year. I don't think I will have them put another one in when this one is removed. It sucks being nauseous pretty much every morning and sometimes later in the day too.

Get some fresh ginger root and eat a little bit of it. It will make the nausea go away like a magic wand.

I also like yogi brand ginger tea if you can tolerate drinking liquids when you feel that way.

That's why raw ginger root is better and more instantly effective. Even just chewing on a small piece is enough to alleviate nausea without risk of inducing vomiting. Processed, dried, etc is no longer that good or sometimes not at all. You might get the flavor but may not get the benefits.

That's why raw ginger root is better and more instantly effective. Even just chewing on a small piece is enough to alleviate nausea without risk of inducing vomiting. Processed, dried, etc is no longer that good or sometimes not at all. You might get the flavor but may not get the benefits.

Yes. I find get the most benefits from the tea because the warm liquid also settles my stomach and often that's part of it. I also sometimes do ginger mints with real ginger. I'm not comfortable buying ginger root because I wouldn't use it enough and would have to keep replenishing -hard to do with covid! Glad it works for you!

Yes. I find get the most benefits from the tea because the warm liquid also settles my stomach and often that's part of it. I also sometimes do ginger mints with real ginger. I'm not comfortable buying ginger root because I wouldn't use it enough and would have to keep replenishing -hard to do with covid! Glad it works for you!

Ginger Kombucha works great. But unfortunately I can't drink Kombucha before work because it contains a small amount of alcohol. It's not enough to get drunk on or even feel any kind of buzz. But it is enough to show up on a breathalyzer test. Where I work does random drug tests and when a person is random tested they also have to take a breathalyzer test, and these tests are done first thing in the morning. It would really suck after ten years at my job to be fired over drinking Kombucha, lol. I remember before I knew that it could throw off a breathalyzer test I used to drink it at work. I just got really lucky that I never got chosen for a random test on any of those days.

I will have to get some ginger tea. I also wonder if eating the pickled ginger slices that come with sushi would help. There is a grocery store here in my town that sells sushi ad they sell whole jars of pickled ginger slices. Eating a few of those would be easier than brewing tea every morning.

I need to do something. It really sucks being at work trying to do my job and having to plan the quickest route to the trash can just in case I have to run and puke. And now with Covid, if I puke at work that is 3 days off, or off until I can prove I am Covid negative.

My roommate has strep throat. I really hope I don't get it. Because where I work doesn't tolerate anyone being sick at work right now. I understand they are concerned about safety. I just don't want to have to deal with what is basically a three day unpaid suspension because of strep throat. The paycheck I just got was three days short which is already making it hard to pay the mortgage.

Oh - I love, love those ginger slices with sushi (which I haven't felt safe buying since covid -and my son really wants some!!!). I should buy a jar.

I worry about when schools reopen for exactly the same reason -so if my son has the sniffles (which he, and all the other students, go to school with - quite often it's not even a cold just allergies) - do I send him? Even if no fever? I mean sure I get that so many things can be covid but then it's like "oh sorry I swallowed my water the wrong way, I'm fine......"