Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 64 of 66 FirstFirst ... 616263646566 LastLast

Thread: Life On The Rocinante' (After Dark!)

I'm leaving in about an hour to go film the first shots for this music video project I've been hired to do. L is really amused by the fact that I'm working on a Christian rock project. Hey, I was hired because I'm good at what I do. I'm being paid. I don't really care about the religious beliefs of the people who hired me. I just hope no one on set has any issue with the way I look. I was going through my closet this morning seeing what clean shirts I have. It's amazing how much of my wardrobe is outwordly Satanic. My options for today were my Team Satan shirt, my Satan is my Sugar Daddy shirt, a Baphomet shirt, a Pink Floyd shirt and a Tool shirt. I also have a shirt with a horned Kool Aid man on it that says "Drink Kool Air, Hail Satan." and then there's the "Menstruatin' for Satan." shirt that I got a few years ago also. I do a lot of Goth shows, and so this kind of stuff gets a good laugh out of people at those shows.

I went with the Tool shirt if anyone is curious. Not sure what Hoody to wear though. Only options are Baphomet or a Bathory Hoody with a huge inverted pentagram on the back.

L is taking K to the doc for his Anxiety. I've never seen a 7 year old worry so much about everything. My dishwasher leaks sometimes and he's terrified that my whole house is going to flood and we're all going to drown. Last night L and I were at the gas station and he was in the backseat. As she was backing outof the parking space her drink started to spill so she braked to stop it. K got so scared he screamed and opened the door and got out of the car. He said he was scared. She told him to never get out of a moving vehicle. She wasn't moving fast, but still. Then he was scared the whole way to the store and back because he thought we were going to wreck the car.

I noticed this started around the time she was cooking chicken and some of the grease caught on fire. She just took the flaming pan outside and set it down on the concrete and then poured water on it. But he was really scared. I have a fire exstinguisher in the kitchen. But it wasn't bad enough that we needed to use it.

Z has to work 4pm to close on my birthday. I'm going to see about taking the day before off as a vacation day so we have that whole day to spend together.

Once again, sorry if there are spelling mistakes, typos in this. Spell check doesn't work on this forum and I'm not going to read and re-read a journal entry over and over to make sure it's oerfect. That kind of takes away the fun of journaling. Getting Ready for a First Date

I woke up around 2:30 this morning feeling really warm. My hours are weird, so this is the time my day starts some days. I was sitting in Z's room talking to her and I asked her why it's so hot in here. She said it wasn't (hot in here.)

Went to work, they took my temp like they always do, it was normal. But that hot feeling never went away. As the day went on I got sicker and sicker. I ket my mask on and didn't get too close to anyone. I had a Doctor's appt today after work. It was a follow up to the appt I had last month about my stomach problems. Well by the time I got there I was coughing, in a lot of pain, and with my nose all stuffed up. So they had to do a covid test. And now I am officially on quarantine until further notice. This sucks. I was off all next week on vacation from work anyway, so my paycheck won't be hit too hard. But now since Z works at a place that caters to a lot of elderly people her and I can't really get too close until I get my test results back. They said sometime next week, but with next week being a holiday that might delay the results even more. So I might end up spending my whole vacation from work shut up away from everyone. I might miss out on Thanksgiving. I might spend the whole time having to be 6 feet away from my SO. I know this is for everyone's safety. But it just sucks. Ten years ago I tried to take the week of Thanksgiving off work. I ended up not being able to enjoy it because I got the damn swine flu. Now I attempt it again and I might have Covid.

As far as things are concerned with Z, it could be worse. We live in the same house. We can still talk, laugh, watch Netflix, whatever while being 6 feet apart. It just sucks that there can't be any affection between us. We are both affectionate people.

Platinum Member
    I hope the test is negative and that you feel better!

So, first day of quarantine. I have stayed in my room all day watching documentaries and drawing. My whole body hurt so bad and my stomach has been upset most of the day. I am no medical expert but I doubt this is covid. It feels exactly like the flu to me. I'm not experiencing any respiratory problems and I don't have a fever anymore. Yesterday I had about a 1 degree fever when I went to the doc's office. That was enough for them to panic a little though. They lead me out the back way so I wouldn't have to go through the lobby, etc.

The cab driver who drove me to and from the appt was scared because he's immune-compromised. And of course he went and told everyone who works there. I'm a regular so they all know who I am. I am friends with several of the drivers and the manager on Facebook. So I doubt they will haul me anywhere until I have a negative result. I'm quarantined anyway so I guess I don't really need to go anywhere for the time being.

The possibility that Z could lose her job over this really upsets me. I feel awful. And this is probably some residue from being blamed for every single thing that ever went wrong ever when I was a kid, but I've been scolding myself a little over this. I've been telling myself I'm not that sick. Why the hell didn't I just keep my mouth shut? But what if I would have kept my mouth shut and then I actually have it? I could have infected her and L and my nephew.

I went downstairs a little bit ago to use the bathroom. Z was standing by the back door with the door cracked smoking a cigarette and K was talking to her. As son as he saw me he put his hands over his mouth. I told him "Don't be scared, I'm more than 6 feet away from you." He was like, "Wow you sound terrible!" He's such an animated kid, I swear. Even ordinary stuff sounds really dramatic when he says it.

Well, now I think I'll take some NyQuil and go comatose for about 10 hours

Woke up this morning to a voicemail from the doctor's office asking me to call them right away. My first thought is that can't be good. So I've spent the last 10 minutes trying to get through. The line is busy.

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    Hopefully you are ok!

Platinum Member
    You ok Cynder ...let us know

My test came back positive.

Everyone in real life who needs to know has been told.

My results were given to me over the phone. When I contacted work and told them, I was told they need to see the results in writing. So I called the Doctor's office and asked them to fax them over to where I work. Well of course they won't do that. So now I need to get my roommate to go pick them up for me. All the money we spend on healthcare, and they can't even send a fax. I actually called again just to make sure they would even give her the results if she shows up. Because of HIPPA and stuff I figured she will get there and they'll refuse because she's not me (even though I'm quarantined.)

My girlfriend's job is making her get tested. They want her tested today if possible. So now we are finding out how difficult it is to actually get tested around here. I had an appointment already scheduled for my abdominal problems. And then when I got there I was feeling a lot of symptoms so they tested me. But in her case, "Hey, my girlfriend who I live with just tested positive for Covid, I need to get tested now." she is having a really hard time. There are three different urgent care centers in this town. The first one she called didn't take her insurance. She is upstairs now on the phone. I'm not sure if she found somewhere else to go or not. And she thinks she might have it too. She's had a headache the last few days and she noticed that she can't really smell anything. I hope she doesn't have it too.

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    I am so sorry . Please look after yourself .

Originally Posted by ~Seraphim ~
    I am so sorry . Please look after yourself .
    I'm discovering one of the downsides to my work situation. I have a regular job that I go to every day. And then I also run a business in addition to that. My business is about 50% home based. I say that because I travel around working the festival circuit. But the art that I sell at festivals is made here at home in my studio. So it's hard being at home for days at a time and not having the energy to work in the studio. These last few days I've really been scolding myself because I should be working.

Page 64 of 66 FirstFirst ... 616263646566 LastLast

Videos

Maintaining A Strong Relationship

Detaching From a Malignant Man

Divorced Parents Prefer Technology and Social Media As Communication Tool

Wedding Jitters Could Be a Predictor for a Future Divorce

Botox Fights Depression And Makes You Feel Happier

Men Are More Sensitive than Women when Having Relationship Problems
Give Advice
Ask For Advice