Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 63 of 69 FirstFirst ... 60616263646566 ... LastLast

Thread: Life On The Rocinante' (After Dark!)

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by DancingFool
    Get some fresh ginger root and eat a little bit of it. It will make the nausea go away like a magic wand.
    I also like yogi brand ginger tea if you can tolerate drinking liquids when you feel that way. Getting Ready for a First Date

Originally Posted by Batya33
    I also like yogi brand ginger tea if you can tolerate drinking liquids when you feel that way.
    That's why raw ginger root is better and more instantly effective. Even just chewing on a small piece is enough to alleviate nausea without risk of inducing vomiting. Processed, dried, etc is no longer that good or sometimes not at all. You might get the flavor but may not get the benefits.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by DancingFool
    That's why raw ginger root is better and more instantly effective. Even just chewing on a small piece is enough to alleviate nausea without risk of inducing vomiting. Processed, dried, etc is no longer that good or sometimes not at all. You might get the flavor but may not get the benefits.
    Yes. I find get the most benefits from the tea because the warm liquid also settles my stomach and often that's part of it. I also sometimes do ginger mints with real ginger. I'm not comfortable buying ginger root because I wouldn't use it enough and would have to keep replenishing -hard to do with covid! Glad it works for you!

Originally Posted by Realitynut
    Said invalid link....hmmm
    Yes. I find get the most benefits from the tea because the warm liquid also settles my stomach and often that's part of it. I also sometimes do ginger mints with real ginger. I'm not comfortable buying ginger root because I wouldn't use it enough and would have to keep replenishing -hard to do with covid! Glad it works for you!
    Ginger Kombucha works great. But unfortunately I can't drink Kombucha before work because it contains a small amount of alcohol. It's not enough to get drunk on or even feel any kind of buzz. But it is enough to show up on a breathalyzer test. Where I work does random drug tests and when a person is random tested they also have to take a breathalyzer test, and these tests are done first thing in the morning. It would really suck after ten years at my job to be fired over drinking Kombucha, lol. I remember before I knew that it could throw off a breathalyzer test I used to drink it at work. I just got really lucky that I never got chosen for a random test on any of those days.

I will have to get some ginger tea. I also wonder if eating the pickled ginger slices that come with sushi would help. There is a grocery store here in my town that sells sushi ad they sell whole jars of pickled ginger slices. Eating a few of those would be easier than brewing tea every morning.

I need to do something. It really sucks being at work trying to do my job and having to plan the quickest route to the trash can just in case I have to run and puke. And now with Covid, if I puke at work that is 3 days off, or off until I can prove I am Covid negative.

My roommate has strep throat. I really hope I don't get it. Because where I work doesn't tolerate anyone being sick at work right now. I understand they are concerned about safety. I just don't want to have to deal with what is basically a three day unpaid suspension because of strep throat. The paycheck I just got was three days short which is already making it hard to pay the mortgage.

Platinum Member
    Oh - I love, love those ginger slices with sushi (which I haven't felt safe buying since covid -and my son really wants some!!!). I should buy a jar.

I worry about when schools reopen for exactly the same reason -so if my son has the sniffles (which he, and all the other students, go to school with - quite often it's not even a cold just allergies) - do I send him? Even if no fever? I mean sure I get that so many things can be covid but then it's like "oh sorry I swallowed my water the wrong way, I'm fine......"

Still can't get spellcheck to work on this site. And considering this is a journal I don't really want to be bothered with editing this post over and over to make sure I got all the mistakes. So I'm sorry if there are mistakes.

I am not a fan of drama. Never really have been. But it seems like every time things settle down and get peaceful, crap starts happening.

When Z (My curreny girlfriend) and I met, she was involved in what was basically a polyamorous cluster. I say cluster because I don't really know what other word ot use. Basically a whole group fo people who were all dating and sleeping with each other. She was with this girl named Skye who was friends with my ex. Skye had a boyfriend named AJ, who also had a thing with Z. There was also a guy named Troy involved somewhere. And Z and Skye were both dating this girl named Laura as well.

Skye is a trouble maker. She can't be trusted. She has been friends with my ex (A) for years. And when A and I were together she used to text me and try to talk me into hooking up with her. I would be going about my day and suddenly get a text from her and it would be her naked saying something like, "This could all be yours baby." WHen I would call her out on it and say things like, "Isn't A supposed to be your best friend? Do you really think he would like it if he knew you were trying to sleep with his girlfriend?" She would say things like, "Well that's why we won't tell." I suppose maybe she was doing this to test my loyalty to A, I don't know. But she would also send him naked pics of herself and try to hook up with him, too. That kind of disresepct and that kind of desperation is a huge turnoff to me. Not just in a sexual/romantic partner but also in a friend. I kicked a lot of people like her out of my life for good reasons.

And on top of all this, Skye has also been in trouble with the law a lot. And she runs around with a lot of really shady people. I don't judge. I don't think that if a person has a criminal record they are automatially trash. I know everyone has a past. And to be 100% honest, I've had friends who were criminals who were more loyal as friends than the straight arrow people I've known. But Skye just rubs me the wrong way I guess. I liked her at first. I thought she was funny, etc. But the more I got to know her the more I felt uneasy around her. And then after A and I broke up she was trying to hook me up with Z, but at the same time she was also talking crap about me to Z. She would message me and show me pics of Z and talk about how I should go out with her, etc. Then she would also be messaging Z telling her what a POS I am, etc.

Z had her issues with all of these people too. For one, her and Skye were supposed to be a couple. She would tell Skye things in confidence, and then Skye would go and blab to everyone what Z told her in private. The breaking point for Z was a few things actually. For one, she thinks Laura stole fron her. But the last straw was when Skye started hooking up with this guy who was a pedophile and had been in prison for molesting kids, and she also tried to hook Z up with him. That was when Z had enough. She broke it off with all of them and blocked all of them everywhere. She told me after the fact that she was never happy in that situation. She didn't really feel like she was in a relationship with any of these people. She felt like she just had multiple FWBs. She said she was looking for someone she could really be with, not just a bunch of people to bang.

When her and I started really talking, I liked her personality and thought she was cute, but I didn't want to get involved with her because she was so tight with all these shady ass people. But then she told me she stopped talking to all of them, and gave me a lot of reasons why, and then I felt a little safer with her. When her and I started dating I blocked them all on Facebook, also.

So last night we were just hanging out before she left for work, and out of nowhere she gets this long text message. It's from Troy. And it was like, "Hey, join me and AJ in taking that w**** Skye down even if it's by death. We know you just used her for sex, etc etc, etc." She was going to text back but I told her don't even bother, just screenshot it and report it to the cops. So that's what she did. THen she had to go to work.

So when she got home, she told me that she called Skye and told her what was going on. But now Skye wants them to be friends again and start talking again, etc. I told her I know it's not my decision to make, but that does make me a little uneasy, considering what we both know about Skye. I mean, I'm not saying anyone deserve to die. But she has people threatening to kill her. SHe's an instagator and a s*it starter. I just don't want her trying to cause any problems in our lives.

Z says she will probably at least give Skye an explanation for why she just stopped talking to her and left the group. But it won't go beyond that. She said she doesn't want to be friends with her, she doesn't want to hang out with her, etc. She just thinks she owes her an explanation. Alright, that I can get behind. I also know Skye is just loving this though because she's an attention seeker. I guess like 20 people got that same text message and a lot of people called the cops, etc.

The whole situation just made me so uneasy. Z couldn't understand why I was so upset at first, but after we talked she got it. She told me the only way Skye or any of those people will cause any trouble for us is if we let them. And she's right.

I'm getting to old for this high school crap.
    Last edited by Cynder; 10-31-2020 at 01:34 PM.

Z and I rearranged and deep cleaned the foyer and the living room. When we were working on the Foyer K came upstairs and saw it and his imediate reaction was to look at me and go "Jeez Auntie!" And then he was with his dad for a few days and didn't see the living room until he came back yesterday. He was standing by the dining room table talking to me when I was on my laptop and he turned around and saw the living room and was like, "Holy macaroni and cheese!" He is so damn cute.

I'm going to see The Excorcist on the big screen today. I love going to the movies by myself. Seriously, it's one of my favorite things to do ever. I thought now that I'm in a relationship I wouldn't be doing that much anymore. Z has to work. L is still sick as a dog with strep. So today I'm taking myself out on a little date. It's my favorite holiday, after all. The Excorcist is such a classic, but I never even saw it until I was in my 20s. I think it will be really cool to see it on the big screen. Plus I love movie theater popcorn and it's been forever since I've had it.

I remember a few years ago after eating raw organic food for a month to detox for an Ayahuasca ceremony, after the ceremony was done and I could eat regular food again the first thig I did was go to the movies and get a BIG thing of popcorn. And later on that evening I was so sick and nauseous because my body wasn't used to junkfood. Every time I detox for a ceremony I always tell myself I will never go back to eating normally. I always feel so good during my detox. But then when I don't need to detox anymore suddenly I get all these cravings and I go eat whatever I want... and then never got back to the detox diet. I really should start eating like that all the time. It's expensive and not always convenient to do it. But if I can do it for a month before a ceremony I can do it for life.

Platinum Member
    I LOVE going to the movies by myself and now I can't because of covid. On mother's day I watched a movie by myself in another room in our small apartment lol -The Founder.

My Exorcist story. I was 7 so too young to see it on the screen but saw it soon after on TV. Scared the living crap out of me. So many years later my husband and I took a parenting class at the hospital when I was pregnant. We were given baby dolls to work on. We already were stifling giggles because the instructor had written on the blackboard. And she spelled baby BADY. We just kept pointing at it when she wasn't looking and trying not to laugh, making up silly lines about "badies" etc. Anyway we're given these dolls. Told to change the diaper. Instructor turns around and we're still in this giggly mood. So with her back turned my husband goes pssstttt to me and shows me that he's turned the baby's head all the way around exorcist style. He's about to lose it and me too. Then he quickly turns it back when she turns around. No one else saw. I think. Didn't Carol Burnett do a bit on that scene??

I read about ahayusca (sp?) in a long article in the New Yorker some years ago. Wow.

Platinum Member
    So you'd mentioned your girlfriend is a cook -maybe a chef? And how it's an art form - so I heard today on NPR about Asha Gomez's new book "I Cook in Color" and apparently she speaks about cooking as an art form (probably visual art!) -anyway made me think of you and what you wrote about cooking as art

So you'd mentioned your girlfriend is a cook -maybe a chef? And how it's an art form - so I heard today on NPR about Asha Gomez's new book "I Cook in Color" and apparently she speaks about cooking as an art form (probably visual art!) -anyway made me think of you and what you wrote about cooking as art
    Yea, she has worked as a chef in a few 5 star restaurants. Shes not currently cooking professionally though. She got burnt out on it and she has an office job now. She worked in a Cajun restaurant down south for a long time. And some guy came in there once who had a lot of money and left a huge tip for everyone including her. He asked to see the cook because the food was so good. She came out to his table and he was all surprised because he was expecting some burly cajun guy and not some skinny little white girl.

I love to cook but I don't think I could ever do it professionally. And I see it as an art form when I do it. I'm all about making food look really nice too. I'll have to check out her work.

Page 63 of 69 FirstFirst ... 60616263646566 ... LastLast

Videos

Maintaining A Strong Relationship

Detaching From a Malignant Man

Divorced Parents Prefer Technology and Social Media As Communication Tool

Wedding Jitters Could Be a Predictor for a Future Divorce

Botox Fights Depression And Makes You Feel Happier

Men Are More Sensitive than Women when Having Relationship Problems
Give Advice
Ask For Advice