"Down there" - what is the norm/what do you prefer?

lifeisaparadox

I wanted to know what is normal for both guys and girls 'down there' and what you personally prefer for your partner. Shaven completely, trimmed, or not.

It's not really a matter I discuss with most people, but I was curious as this seems to be a touchy subject for most (even if my friends and I openly talk about sex, this NEVER comes up!)

I get regular brazilians and get rid of everything. I do this because I am a dancer and some of the costumes can be very highcut and well... you don't want to be caught in that awkward situation lol. My ex's have enjoyed me not having any hair down there and personally, I like it too

On Men, trimmed. I find hair a masculine thing so if they had nothing its just a little weird to me but they need to keep what they have tidy.

I trim but I do not shave. It's very uncomfortable and contrary to social myth, has NOTHING to do with hygeine. It's all about what makes the woman feel fine, having hair there does not automatically mean you are going to smell like pee (at least, if you wash and maintain yourself down there). Hygeine is about washing and taking care of yourself, not if you have hair. Just to throw it out there because I know someone is going to say 'because it makes me more hygenic'.

Ah, now. Thanks for editing.

Completely shaven is weird (especially on girls...ewwwhh dont wanna look like a kid down there), guess it's nice when trimmed.

Really? A grown womans vagina fully shaved looks NOTHING like a kid. I dont get the correlation between the two when they arent even close.

I prefer shaved.......bare is good too - MY partner is clean shaven.....I dont mind a strip either....but full bush is not for me

I trim, but when I go bare, I DO look like a little girl (I have tiny labia and next to no vaginal lips). I like my men the way God made them. There is something feminine about men who trim and shave their genitals. I want hairy chests and the like. I want a man!

I trim, but when I go bare, I DO look like a little girl (I have tiny labia and next to no vaginal lips). I like my men the way God made them. There is something feminine about men who trim and shave their genitals. I want hairy chests and the like. I want a man!

I love me some hairy chest. Nothing says 'I'm a man' like a hairy chest - well, facial maybe. I love facial hair too though.

Really? A grown womans vagina fully shaved looks NOTHING like a kid. I dont get the correlation between the two when they arent even close.

I prefer shaved.......bare is good too - MY partner is clean shaven.....I dont mind a strip either....but full bush is not for me

I agree, I find this a weird opinion. I don't think I look like a child at all down there and I shave simply because I prefer it and it's nicer for my boyfriend to not get hair in his mouth. I like it when a guy at least trims too, for the same reasons, hair isn't so fun (and no I am not into little boys!

I know, right. How many times do you see that: "Shaven looks like a child." Huh?

I put that right up there with "anal sex betwen a man and a woman is 'gay.' " Makes zero sense, but people keep writing it anyway.

To some people, completely bare looks childish, just like to others, completely bare looks feminine. Some people here have said that a guy that is completely bare looks feminine, but I would never associate bare genitals with femininity. Since the genitals are an area that people don't get to see much, naturally there is a wider range of preference than say, a woman's legs. In western culture, it's expected for women to have bare legs and anything else is considered ugly. However, I have lived in a country where nice leg hair on women was considered attractive. Would you then go to that culture and say, "What? How could leg hair be considered attractive? I don't get it. It doesn't make sense. That's just weird." I would hope not. They have been exposed to different things than we have and of course they are going to feel differently about it.

To some people, completely bare looks childish, just like to others, completely bare looks feminine. Some people here have said that a guy that is completely bare looks feminine, but I would never associate bare genitals with femininity. Since the genitals are an area that people don't get to see much, naturally there is a wider range of preference than say, a woman's legs. In western culture, it's expected for women to have bare legs and anything else is considered ugly. However, I have lived in a country where nice leg hair on women was considered attractive. Would you then go to that culture and say, "What? How could leg hair be considered attractive? I don't get it. It doesn't make sense. That's just weird." I would hope not. They have been exposed to different things than we have and of course they are going to feel differently about it.

Amen. It's all about perception and enculturation. When I grew up, it wasn't 'normal' or expected for women to shave or trim where I lived. Now, for those under twenty five or so, it is. There are fourteen year old girls being bullied in schools because they are not clean shaven. When I was in school, you would probably be bullied if you did shave it clean.

I trim a bit. I tried shaving once purely to please a partner, but I absolutely hated it. As for the man, I don't really care - just whatever makes him comfortable.

When people seem to try to justify their opinion with their own personal opinion rather than facts that seems to provoke the hypersensitivity. Have any preference you like, just like other people will have theirs. Whatever you preference that can only really be accomplished by yourself because your partner may not have the same preference.

Archived