Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why do women find fathers or men who want to be fathers, attractive ?

scared and alone
    Gold Member

Why do women find fathers or men who want to be fathers, attractive ?

What IS IT about them that makes it sexy? Is it the caring, nurturing and responsibility, the not minding the child-like mentality that they have to gain? Being silly and everything?

annony
    I like fathers because they are more tolerant of my own kids, and more understanding of my needs as a parent than someone who is childless. I can't speak for women who dont have their own kids but are attracted to fathers.

dolorosa
    Bronze Member
    It did not work in my case, my ex was a single dad and yes, I thought he was going to be more understanding. I think one of the main reason we broke up was because of the kids. I am a single mum so for me is very important that my partner likes my daughter and understand what is to have children.

DoGGYtREAts
    Bronze Member
    Not in all cases but i think it's also kinda like this...

either
    1. She sees it (the relationship) as having better odds because she too plans for a family and him being a father or wanting to be indicates he's in that place emotionally as well and preapred for that.
    -and / or -
    2. It could be seen as a sign of maturity that he's ready to settle down and think about a family.

Everyone's different and that surely doesnt apply to everyone but im sure those come into play in many cases.

annony
    Quote Originally Posted by dolorosa [Register to see the link]
    It did not work in my case, my ex was a single dad and yes, I thought he was going to be more understanding. I think one of the main reason we broke up was because of the kids. I am a single mum so for me is very important that my partner likes my daughter and understand what is to have children.
    it's not fail safe. however, i find that most childless men in my age group are looking for more children, that's something I am unable to provide.

littlestar
    I see things a little differently..maybe because i'm childfree by choice and am not big on kids. But as soon as i find out a man is a father or wants to be one the sexy radar goes down...way down. But that's just me.

DoGGYtREAts
    Bronze Member
    Quote Originally Posted by littlestar [Register to see the link]
    I see things a little differently..maybe because i'm childfree by choice and am not big on kids. But as soon as i find out a man is a father or wants to be one the sexy radar goes down...way down. But that's just me.
    Im feel the same way about any girl who has that "urgent ticking clock" mentality about having kids and setteling.

twentiesgirl86
    I like fathers because I like seeing men good with their kids. I grew up without a father, mine killed himself when I was six years old. He never really cared much for my sister and I anyway though. My sister wasn't his kid, my mom had her with another man. And then my dad accidentally got my mom pregnant, but decided to marry my mom to do the right thing. He was never happy though, I don't have many good memories of him except when he took my fishing or to get sap for maple syrup. Most of the time though, he got annoyed though if my sister and I wanted to play with him. And then when I was six, he killed himself although I didn't know at the time he committed suicide. I wouldn't learn that until I turned 12 or 13.

So my experience with my father isn't good. So when I see a father who loves their kids, and wants to do things with them I feel a soft spot for them. It's nice to a man who loves his kids. A lot of the time I've fallen for a guy who has kids.

Sparkly Eyes

I used to find fathers sexy, but not anymore. Now I find them less attractive because I don't want kids and I want a man who doesn't want kids.

Victoria66
    Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    It is the caring and nurturing. I do not want anyone in my life who is not nurturing and caring.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Top Threads
I need to tell him how I feel
Please refrain from commenting things such as how inappropriate / messed up this situation. If you disagree with the situation in entirety, I
is he into me or nah?
Hello, I got single 7 months ago and ended my contact with my ex for good 4 months ago, it ended very badly and my ex turned out to be a complete
How to talk to a girl in the gym
I frequently go to the gym and I have seen this one girl that I think she is pretty. It might be me but every time I turn she is looking at me or
How do I know for sure if she is into me?
Hi everyone There is a girl who I recently met trough my friend. She is my friend's gf's best friend. She is 24. It was my friend's gf's birthday
Wierd situation with a younger guy!
Hi! First of all I want to just clarify that I don't live in the US so excuse my spelling mistakes! AND I WANT TO THANK YOU FOR YOUR PATIENCE WHILE
She's trouble
Hey everyone! So recently split from my gf of 8 months (my decision) and kinda came to terms with the fact that my head has been turned by a girl
Girl sends me mixed signals. What does it mean?
There's this girl at my job that I'm attracted to. She's beautiful. She has a boyfriend who she has a kid with and has been with for a while. But
Featured Threads
Controlling or very opinionated?
Hi, my name is Michael. I came here for some advice on my girlfriend and I's relationship. I am 17 and she is 16 and we've been dating for just shy
Women who prefer/only date younger men
I am dating a woman who is 9 years older than me. However, going after younger guys doesn't appear to be her pattern. In fact, the age difference
Still feels like the first day...
Long long story short.. I'll Coles notes it. I meet the love of my life at a gig I was playing, we ended up not spending a single night apart for
My partner and I have different goals, values, and thinking, should we continue?
My partner and I met a couple years ago when she moved to the city I lived in. We had shared a group of friends but never really knew each other
I'm hurt and not sure what to do ...
So ,this is my first time posting here ,but My mother always said it helps to write things down .So here it goes ! ^^ For a couple of weeks now
Who Am I and What do I Want?
Hi everyone, and thanks for reading this. At the moment I feel like I am having some sort of identity crisis, whilst not knowing what I want for
Is it wrong that I still talk to my ex boyfriend?
My ex boyfriend dumped me last week because he was pressuring me to have sex and I wasn't ready to have sex and he keeps calling and texting me every
Ask For Advice