Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: #1 reason why men break up with women.

Originally Posted by BriarRose
    I totally disagree. Many women get dumped who have doted on their bf's and been very good to them.
    I agree and disagree with what has been said.

Being unappreciated can be a big problem in relationships. But "doting" on your partner doesn't ensure anything. Partners can leave due to other big issues, like lack of connection with their partner. Just because you're doting on your boyfriend doesn't mean that you're emotionally fulfilling his needs or that he FEELS like his needs are being met.

Originally Posted by Fudgie
    I agree and disagree with what has been said.

Being unappreciated can be a big problem in relationships. But "doting" on your partner doesn't ensure anything. Partners can leave due to other big issues, like lack of connection with their partner. Just because you're doting on your boyfriend doesn't mean that you're emotionally fulfilling his needs or that he FEELS like his needs are being met.
    This makes sense. But I still don't think I've ever had someone breakup with me because he felt "unappreciated".

Originally Posted by thejigsup
    "We are not put on earth to improve someone else's self esteem, that is THEIR job. Nor are we put on earth to entertain others non-stop." I like the relationship where you both are equals and you can go hours with talking to each other and still feel happy and secure and when you do talk, it is respectful and interesting. Most people can't do this. I refuse to pander to a male's ego if he needs my input to feel secure, and I don't ask him to pander to mine. I don't need praise, I need companionship and understanding. If women don't get THAT, that is why we leave. Guys, it's not all about you and it's not all about us ladies, okay? It is about being a team, a partnership, while still feeling free. If you haven't had that, you haven't lived, my friends.
    ^^ THIS! I totally agree. This covers it all.

Platinum Member
    To me the number one reason a guy might break up with his girlfriend is if she's very insecure and smothering and doesn't give him space when he needs it. A close second might be as per the first post on this thread. If we feel we aren't satisfying her needs, if she doesn't trust and respect us and look to us for support, then we feel useless and unsatisfied and unneeded and that can lead to a guy looking elsewhere. A close third might be a woman who is a drama queen who is prone to rather "reactive" behavior that is overblown to the situation at hand.

Those top 3 reasons are my own opinions and personal experiences, as a repeat "dumper" I get to say what works for me and what doesn't.

I dumped girls when I felt like the girl wasn't into me or she lost attraction for me compared to where she used to be. It's painful to deal with, so I'd rather not. They'd say that they're into me obviously, but body language (and actions) speaks louder than words.

Platinum Member
    no...i don't agree...based on my own personal experiences.

this feels a bit like going to a psychic...or reading a horoscope (as much as i embrace my scorpio roots! it's so general...that it's easy to apply to just about any situation. it doesn't feel insightful at all. far too generic. leaves alot of room for interpretation.

Well I'm a guy and I disagree....The No.1 reason for me personally is nagging...

I'm non-jealous, very supporting and caring...but dont nag me*

As for the doting on your partner bit, after so many years I have finally come to realise why my GF's have left even though I was 'considered' a perfect BF..

....I was too perfect.

So my partners would never have felt unappreciated, quite the opposite, but I now know that you can also do too much for your partner...

I learn things every day...I wonder what I'll learn tomorrow*
    Carus* 8-)

This is so true. And this is why my X just left me I feel. After the "honeymoon stage" was over, I felt as though she was infatuated with me and would not leave me for anything. Boy was I wrong.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Give Advice
Ask For Advice