An ex texting you Happy Bday means nothing right?

shoebaby1

Im actually quite surprised he remembered. We only dated 5 months. We havent spoken since our breakup in mid april. I got a text that said happy bday but I didnt know who it was because I deleted his number. I replied with thank you but who is this? He wouldn't say who he was and replied with best wishes to you and a kissy face emoticon. That was it haha. I just realized it was him.

As with any recently ended relationship... small communiques don't really mean anything. He thought of the date, he thought of your birthday, he sent a text. Nothing more, nothing less. A proverbial gesture of good will and no hard feelings, that's all. Well, at least that's all it would be from my point of view. My ex wishes me happy birthday, merry Christmas and all that. It doesn't mean she wants me to re-marry her or move back in. I get that.

Im actually quite surprised he remembered. We only dated 5 months. We havent spoken since our breakup in mid april. I got a text that said happy bday but I didnt know who it was because I deleted his number. I replied with thank you but who is this? He wouldn't say who he was and replied with best wishes to you and a kissy face emoticon. That was it haha. I just realized it was him.

In my experience, ex's don't make contact unless there are some residual feelings there. I have certainly gone many b-days and holidays without hearing from ex's. However, since you haven't spoken since April, I wouldn't want to get back on that horse. Maybe he had a recent breakup or something.

My ex wishes me a happy birthday too, 3 months after we broke up. He checks my profile sometimes too but it's been 2 years and it didn't mean anything. I'm over him for sure now, but yeah exes just do that sometimes. I wouldn't think he was doing anything.

Would you bother to check the profile of someone you had no feelings for? Personally, I wouldn't. I think it means something when an ex makes contact. But it could also mean someone just dumped them and they are lonely.

It's only been a few months, so he probably still been thinking about you from time to time. I would guess he had your BD on his calendar and decided to send you a quick note.

Sending it at midnight is a bit strange, though. Don't know quite what to think about that one. Maybe a BD booty call?

Either way, if he's interested in getting back together, he'll obviously have to make more of an effort than that.

IDK the whole at exactly midnight is a bit weird. It sounds to me like me misses you. I have seen on facebook people post happy bday messages exactly at midnight and such to be the first person. I have also seen people do this because they are the persons "special signigficant other". So to me if he wants to be the first person to wish you a happy birthday then he wants you to think highly of him..

Now, my ex gf's birthday is coming up in two days because well I remember it, not that it is written down anywhere. But I am NOT going to send her a happy birthday text. Why would I? Right now I have been 1.5 months into an awesome relationship with another girl, no reason to make her mad. Plus she left me on a very sour note, so she should be the one feeling lonely on her birthday not having me around.

If you don't have intentions of getting back togther leave it at "thank" and ignore everything else.

Same thing happened to me last week on my birthday. As soon as midnight hit, I get a text from my ex wishing me a happy birthday. I didn't think anything of it, but laughed to myself that she'd go out of her way to text me when it was 1 minute after I turned another year older when she hasn't spoke to me in about 3 months. I texted her back and made small talk, and she mentioned she wanted to visit. I told her to get back to me about when she's free - Put the ball in her court and make her do all the work. I'm not sweating it, though.

Trust me, men don't contact women they no longer have feelings for.

i totally agree with briar rose. even if men are complicated, one thing i know for sure, they do not make contact if they no longer have feelings.

my ex husband never greets me happy birthday and so does my first ex which means there are no more feelings or remembering days that are important to me. the second and third ex's however, did manage to greet through email. i am not assuming the feelings are there, but maybe there is? who knows.

Archived