Ask For Advice

Thread: Do people know how to say THANK YOU anymore?

ashley001

Do people know how to say THANK YOU anymore?

*sigh* Call me old-fashioned, I may be too nice, but is it so wrong to want to hear a simple, "Thank you," once in a while?! I wouldn't even say that I necessarily go out of my way for people, sure, I have a huge heart and I think about others very often, but I don't think I'm asking for too much. I LOVE to bake and one of my favorite things to do is to bake for people's birthdays or just because I'm in the mood to. I never ever get a thank you. I know my baking isn't bad because they finish it, my baked goods have sold out at bake sales, etc, but even if it was bad, wouldn't people still be thankful?! *sigh* It would just be nice for people to say, "Hey thanks! She actually thought about me and made this with love"

Is there any hope out there?

chitown9
    Platinum Member
    I don't think I would be so kind as you to continue giving to people that are not appreciative....

Stay_home
    Some people are just not very appreciative, about anything for that matter. Some people are never satisified, about anything for that matter.

mfan
    I love saying thank you. You are so sweet to make cupcakes and cakes for people on their birthdays. I don't know why people don't show appreciation for it because it is so sweet & nice of you to do that. Thank you

mfan

OrangeSlice
    Most everyone I see says thank you, I always say it too. If the people you meet never say thank you, just remember that in your life all the people you will ever come in contact with will make up a small fraction of all the people on the Earth.

mouseno4
    I say please, thank you and sorry probably too much actually. It is somewhat second nature to me now. I even say excuse me when i pass someone, that may not have to move at all for me to get past them.

Batya33
    Platinum Member
    My experience living in two major cities is that people are generally polite and appreciative (so am I). If I baked something for someone and didn't get a thank you that would be the last time.

sjustine
    Wow, I can't believe they didn't say thank you, how rude! Are our lives really getting so busy that we can't take two seconds to thank someone? Oh, and what ever happened to the thank you wave when someone lets you in in traffic? I always let people cut me off, and no one ever waves to say thank you anymore!

Jetta
    I'm not a good thank you letter writer but I ALWAYS say please and thank you to people. Could be the MN Nice thing but it was ingrained in me from a young age.

Top Threads
I use sex to slove my problems.
I use sex to slove my problems. I don't really know when it started but when I have a problem in my life like: feeling depressed, wanting to kill
Is there something going on?
My boyfriend has this female friend who's 15, who is 3 years younger than me and my boyfriend, and he met her through a mutual friend at school about
Anyone in a relationship with a musician?
I'm new to this site so Hiiii :) I wondered if anybody on here is in a relationship with a musician? I'm 23, my boyfriend is 26, he's in two bands
How to properly be there for someone in tough times.
My friend is going through a bad experience. Their father is in the hospital and found out he has cancer spreading. It doesnt look good for their
Starved for love
Growing up, all I got was conditional and manipulative "love." I grew up not knowing what a healthy romantic relationship was. My parents are very
Feeling persistently lonely, but.. why? What even is this?
Hello guys, There's something I need to get off my chest.. Something I've been feeling really weird about lately. I'm not sure if there's a way to
Why is it so hard for husband to move on from past.
Or anyone in general? He constantly is bringing up and worrying about things that have happened months even years ago. Even after breaking up and

Featured Threads
Parent and relationships problems
So clearly i need help sooo i will get right into the story.....sorry its so long I am a 25 year old male who is in a relationship with my 19
My boyfriend is trying to date other woman on online dating site.
I really need help. I am so confused. My boyfriend is on online dating site. He said he wants to date other women. We were on and off relationship
My wife left me without having even a talk
Hi everybody, I wonder if this is normal just to leave a marriage of 7 years without having a proper talk before moving on? It happened to me that
Confused about FWB
Last weekend my FWB and I made plans to meet up. He drove down from his place to go to a party with friends, afterwards he was coming to spend the
Everything is just JUMBLED
I have an extremely, EXTREMELY screwed up life. At least from my point of view it is. At least I think I'm the only one that knows my own
Getting over someone to be with them again later?
Long story short, my ex broke up with me after 4 years because he said he was immature and needed to grow up without me and part of that was meeting
Need Advice - it's urgent for me
Hello Everyone, I meesed up my life and I take full responsibilty. I ned advice and what to do to remedy the situation immediately and prevent it
Ask For Advice