Ask For Advice

Thread: Do people know how to say THANK YOU anymore?

ashley001

Do people know how to say THANK YOU anymore?

*sigh* Call me old-fashioned, I may be too nice, but is it so wrong to want to hear a simple, "Thank you," once in a while?! I wouldn't even say that I necessarily go out of my way for people, sure, I have a huge heart and I think about others very often, but I don't think I'm asking for too much. I LOVE to bake and one of my favorite things to do is to bake for people's birthdays or just because I'm in the mood to. I never ever get a thank you. I know my baking isn't bad because they finish it, my baked goods have sold out at bake sales, etc, but even if it was bad, wouldn't people still be thankful?! *sigh* It would just be nice for people to say, "Hey thanks! She actually thought about me and made this with love"

Is there any hope out there?

chitown9
    Platinum Member
    I don't think I would be so kind as you to continue giving to people that are not appreciative....

Stay_home
    Some people are just not very appreciative, about anything for that matter. Some people are never satisified, about anything for that matter.

mfan
    I love saying thank you. You are so sweet to make cupcakes and cakes for people on their birthdays. I don't know why people don't show appreciation for it because it is so sweet & nice of you to do that. Thank you

mfan

OrangeSlice
    Most everyone I see says thank you, I always say it too. If the people you meet never say thank you, just remember that in your life all the people you will ever come in contact with will make up a small fraction of all the people on the Earth.

mouseno4
    I say please, thank you and sorry probably too much actually. It is somewhat second nature to me now. I even say excuse me when i pass someone, that may not have to move at all for me to get past them.

Batya33
    Platinum Member
    My experience living in two major cities is that people are generally polite and appreciative (so am I). If I baked something for someone and didn't get a thank you that would be the last time.

sjustine
    Wow, I can't believe they didn't say thank you, how rude! Are our lives really getting so busy that we can't take two seconds to thank someone? Oh, and what ever happened to the thank you wave when someone lets you in in traffic? I always let people cut me off, and no one ever waves to say thank you anymore!

Jetta
    I'm not a good thank you letter writer but I ALWAYS say please and thank you to people. Could be the MN Nice thing but it was ingrained in me from a young age.

Top Threads
Ugly pictures
We had a professional photographer come in at work. I used the photo and put it on my dating profile. But when my Roomie saw it,she said take it
Am I getting played
Not sure if anyone reading has seen my othere post in the other threads. Ive seen to gotten mixed up with the wrong female and things just are not
Feeling really down - suicide and self harm
It's been a while since I posted on her, so here it goes. I've been feeling really down lately, I've been frequently self harming and been having
Anyone ever lose interest in everything?
I used to like going to work, now I dread even going in now since I work with her and her new bf. I used to love working out, now I feel there is no
HELP PLZ! Idk how to handle all this. Reply plz
My exs new bf is constantly harrasing me and friends, mocking me and stuff. My ex is doing the same but not directly at me. Spreading lies about me
Dilemma with co-worker
Hi guys. I am not sure if I am posting to the right forum but this is my first time here, apologies in advance if I am not doing the right thing. I
In some need of someone to figure out why I'm feeling like this
I'm terrible at expressing what I feel. The only thing I'm not afraid to show is anger. I hate crying in front of anyone or feeling like I'm a burden

valendtine's  day counseling
Featured Threads
Ugly pictures
We had a professional photographer come in at work. I used the photo and put it on my dating profile. But when my Roomie saw it,she said take it
Not being "too" available.
I posted a few days ago about the younger guy I've been dating for 6 months and how he doesn't want to use BG/GF labels. I got some great feedback
I am having difficulty accepting my boyfriends bisexuality for no reason
So here goes; the main reason why I got this account here is probably because I am so ashamed of myself and that because I am surrounded by either
relationship advice
hi... I'll start by saying i'm a guy, i just really needed a woman's point of view for this, so i hope you can help me! My mom is paying for my
Seeing ex tomorrow..so confused. Need advice!
Hi everyone. I'm really confused with my ex. Dated two years; he was very hurt by the breakup. He hasn't dated many people, and I was his first
Needing advice and/or support with ex girlfriend
Ok. Long story short... I ended up in a serious relationship with my best friend of 7 years. The last 3 years of which we were in a serious
I really need some advice and a outside opinion
I really don't know what to do ... My girlfriend and I have been dating for about a year now she is no longer attracted to me but tells me she loves
Ask For Advice