Ask For Advice

Thread: Finally dumped my boyfriend....drug addict/alcoholic

Rah25

Finally dumped my boyfriend....drug addict/alcoholic

Hi all,

I finally dumped my boyfriend....he's a drug addict/alcoholic. I just don't know how to make it stick. There are some nights i'm so lonely and vulnerable, adn I can't help but answer a message he writes me or write a new one to him. Any advice on how to get out of an emotionally and verbally abusive relationship?

He makes me feel so small by the way he speaks to me. If we are arguing he'll mock me in front of his friends, they all think I'm some crazy girl. Granted, I got upset when he was out till 8 am, doing lines of coke....but I also haven't ever touched any drugs ... I just wanted him to stay sober. He's fallen of the wagon plenty..I think it's better for both of us if I leave. I feel so worthless to him...and a part of me just wishes he'll come here and tell me Im special. But even if he says it I know he doesn't mean it.

I was single for 2 years before meeting him, and I wish I could go back to the old me that didn't feel so worthless... I dont talk to my friends about this because htey keep saying - you should just dump him...but no one gets how hard itis. I'm in this vicious cycle

Thanks for reading guys and girls

metrogirl
    In the end, he will only drag you down so it's good you dumped him. Stay strong and don't be persuaded by his smooth talk.

Hollyj
    Platinum Member
    You are a co-dependent. Look into CODA for help, they are a free, international organization that can help you recognize and change your behavior.

Good luck!

yikeshelpme
    Quote Originally Posted by Rah25 [Register to see the link]
    Hi all,
    Any advice on how to get out of an emotionally and verbally abusive relationship?

I feel so worthless to him...and a part of me just wishes he'll come here and tell me Im special. But even if he says it I know he doesn't mean it.
    How is he abusive towards you?

Any reason you don't believe him if he tells you that your special?

Top Threads
Having a hard time ending a toxic relationship, please help!
[I][COLOR="#0000FF"][I]So I am in a relationship that I deem toxic. My boyfriend is always angry even though I do things for him to try to cheer him
Do you believe in old-fashioned romance...?
I'm constantly being told I am part of a dying breed... that people don't believe in old-fashioned romance anymore, like the single red rose, hand
I want to breakup because I want her to grow as a person
LONG POST BUT PLEASE BEAR WITH ME BECAUSE I REALLY NEED SOME ADVICE. We've been together for almost 2 years. I am 5 years older than her (i'm 25)
When you don't know whether to break up or not
So I've been with this guy for 4 months now. Things have not been a fairy tale, ever. But he was the only guy that was really interesting and we hit
Living with my ex and kids. It's a nightmare!
I have been with my now ex, for 5 years. We have 3 children together, and live together. A few months ago she was talking about not being in love
Someone please help me
I need help I'm willing to give my number out just for help because I'm going nuts and I don't know what to do some one please I've already posted
My Wife Left Me Today
Well, I came home from work today and found my wife and most of her belongings gone. My work can take me away from home for more than 24 hours at a

Expert Advice
Featured Threads
Don Juan President
I'm the president of Don Juans. I know all the top moves to make with females and I've had sex so many times. If a man needs advice ask right here.
Talk Dirty to Me!
OMGosh this is rampant. I have been serial dating in hopes of finding a long term relationship. BTW, nn the past two weeks I have been doing really
Is it wrong that I don't drive my parent's car to drive myself places as of now?
I am 20 and I have my driver's license but I don't have my own car yet so I have to rely on my parents and the bus to get me places but my parents
Friendship changes, how to deal?
Hello All, My friend and I are close. We consider our friendship like a brother & sister type. Lately, I've been noticing he has been treating me
Online Dating Descripton Sets Off Red Flags For Me, But Maybe Not for Others?
I have someone who has been giving me attention with Online Dating (yes, I thought I'd give it a gentle go. Dip my toe in the water even though I was
Help
Hi, I'm 37 and I have been with my partner for about 5 years and we have been married just under a year. About 5 months ago my now wife had an
Did you ever get over your first love? Post your stories!
Hello, I've been feeling kind of down lately because I always hear people saying that you never get over your first love, or you'll always compare
Ask For Advice