Ask For Advice

Thread: Finally dumped my boyfriend....drug addict/alcoholic

Rah25

Finally dumped my boyfriend....drug addict/alcoholic

Hi all,

I finally dumped my boyfriend....he's a drug addict/alcoholic. I just don't know how to make it stick. There are some nights i'm so lonely and vulnerable, adn I can't help but answer a message he writes me or write a new one to him. Any advice on how to get out of an emotionally and verbally abusive relationship?

He makes me feel so small by the way he speaks to me. If we are arguing he'll mock me in front of his friends, they all think I'm some crazy girl. Granted, I got upset when he was out till 8 am, doing lines of coke....but I also haven't ever touched any drugs ... I just wanted him to stay sober. He's fallen of the wagon plenty..I think it's better for both of us if I leave. I feel so worthless to him...and a part of me just wishes he'll come here and tell me Im special. But even if he says it I know he doesn't mean it.

I was single for 2 years before meeting him, and I wish I could go back to the old me that didn't feel so worthless... I dont talk to my friends about this because htey keep saying - you should just dump him...but no one gets how hard itis. I'm in this vicious cycle

Thanks for reading guys and girls

metrogirl
    In the end, he will only drag you down so it's good you dumped him. Stay strong and don't be persuaded by his smooth talk.

Hollyj
    Platinum Member
    You are a co-dependent. Look into CODA for help, they are a free, international organization that can help you recognize and change your behavior.

Good luck!

yikeshelpme
    Quote Originally Posted by Rah25 [Register to see the link]
    Hi all,
    Any advice on how to get out of an emotionally and verbally abusive relationship?

I feel so worthless to him...and a part of me just wishes he'll come here and tell me Im special. But even if he says it I know he doesn't mean it.
    How is he abusive towards you?

Any reason you don't believe him if he tells you that your special?

Top Threads
NC didn't work for me
I have seen so many debates about this, had numerous discussions about this and I finally realised something. When my ex left me 6 weeks ago, I
Weird crazy breakup
Here goes. We was together 4 and a half years, lived together for the most of that with her grandparents, yeah moved in pretty quick because of
My boyfriend has left me pregnant and gone back to his ex pls help
Hi everyone I'm new here but in desperate need of advice and friends ok so I was seeing a lovely guy for a year and a half he split with his ex
Someone please help me :(
I will try and cut a long story short. Me (F20) my ex(M23) we met when I was 14 years old so yes there is a long history with us for years we were
Should I break it off with my boyfriend?
A little background... I'm 19, he's 32. We began dating last October. He doesn't have a car, a job and lives with his younger brother (I don't see
How the hell do I break with with a manipulative person?
I know what you all are going to say... Just do it. But it's a lot harder than it sounds. Or maybe I'm just making it harder than it is. I'm
Advice from breaker-upers ?
He loved me a lot but he feels as if it's for the best of us to break up so we're both happy in the end. He loved me to death. Does he miss me as

Expert Advice
Featured Threads
Weird crazy breakup
Here goes. We was together 4 and a half years, lived together for the most of that with her grandparents, yeah moved in pretty quick because of
is my bf racist? is there a future?
I am a bit dumbfounded and confused.. pls comment.. I have been dating my bf for 3 years. I look asian and he looks european. Things have not always
Great conversation but she Ghosted me?!
When I asked for her phone number, she kinda looked at me (the really dude? face). I knew it was over, but seriously it bothers me that we had a
My Girlfriend's Extreme Anger and Dramatic Behavior Are Ruining Our Relationship
This is gonna be a long one. Bear with me.. Okay, so this is my absolute first post on any forum ever. I am a 21 year old male, and I am currently in
Wrapping your head around an incurable condition
How does one do that ? While my condition is not fatal it is incurable and my life quality will steadily deteriorate over time. Most possible will
My mom kept a secret for 28 years
I'm 28 years old, my mom always told me to not sleep around, said she never slept w anyone till she got married, etc. well randomly tonight she tells
Confusing relationship with ex
So my ex and I broke up about 3 months ago. There was a lot of hurt, I was really depressed for the first weeks until I got back on my feet and
Ask For Advice