Ask For Advice

Thread: Finally dumped my boyfriend....drug addict/alcoholic

Rah25

Finally dumped my boyfriend....drug addict/alcoholic

Hi all,

I finally dumped my boyfriend....he's a drug addict/alcoholic. I just don't know how to make it stick. There are some nights i'm so lonely and vulnerable, adn I can't help but answer a message he writes me or write a new one to him. Any advice on how to get out of an emotionally and verbally abusive relationship?

He makes me feel so small by the way he speaks to me. If we are arguing he'll mock me in front of his friends, they all think I'm some crazy girl. Granted, I got upset when he was out till 8 am, doing lines of coke....but I also haven't ever touched any drugs ... I just wanted him to stay sober. He's fallen of the wagon plenty..I think it's better for both of us if I leave. I feel so worthless to him...and a part of me just wishes he'll come here and tell me Im special. But even if he says it I know he doesn't mean it.

I was single for 2 years before meeting him, and I wish I could go back to the old me that didn't feel so worthless... I dont talk to my friends about this because htey keep saying - you should just dump him...but no one gets how hard itis. I'm in this vicious cycle

Thanks for reading guys and girls

metrogirl
    In the end, he will only drag you down so it's good you dumped him. Stay strong and don't be persuaded by his smooth talk.

Hollyj
    Platinum Member
    You are a co-dependent. Look into CODA for help, they are a free, international organization that can help you recognize and change your behavior.

Good luck!

yikeshelpme
    Quote Originally Posted by Rah25 [Register to see the link]
    Hi all,
    Any advice on how to get out of an emotionally and verbally abusive relationship?

I feel so worthless to him...and a part of me just wishes he'll come here and tell me Im special. But even if he says it I know he doesn't mean it.
    How is he abusive towards you?

Any reason you don't believe him if he tells you that your special?

Top Threads
My wife left me without having even a talk
Hi everybody, I wonder if this is normal just to leave a marriage of 7 years without having a proper talk before moving on? It happened to me that
Calling
My ex broke up with me 2 months ago. I'm in the nc for two weeks now. We haven't spoken via phone or text for 6 weeks but only email . She told me
I broke up with him tonight...
I broke up with him tonight. I have been mustering up the courage for about a month. I've gotten close and then "went back to normal" like I always
Girlfriend says she doesn't love me
So for about 9 months I've been dating this amazing girl who has just been so fun to be around and has showed me a lot. We hung out a lot. We got
Getting over someone to be with them again later?
Long story short, my ex broke up with me after 4 years because he said he was immature and needed to grow up without me and part of that was meeting
Dating for 5 years, not sure where to go.
So long story short I've been dating this girl for 5 years. We've lived together for 3 and have an apartment together. For over the past year, it has
Wife left me and 3 kids
Hi this is my 1st time posting so please don't judge, last Friday my wife left me and our 3 children (8-6 and 4), I had no idea this was coming it is

Featured Threads
Parent and relationships problems
So clearly i need help sooo i will get right into the story.....sorry its so long I am a 25 year old male who is in a relationship with my 19
My boyfriend is trying to date other woman on online dating site.
I really need help. I am so confused. My boyfriend is on online dating site. He said he wants to date other women. We were on and off relationship
My wife left me without having even a talk
Hi everybody, I wonder if this is normal just to leave a marriage of 7 years without having a proper talk before moving on? It happened to me that
Confused about FWB
Last weekend my FWB and I made plans to meet up. He drove down from his place to go to a party with friends, afterwards he was coming to spend the
Everything is just JUMBLED
I have an extremely, EXTREMELY screwed up life. At least from my point of view it is. At least I think I'm the only one that knows my own
Getting over someone to be with them again later?
Long story short, my ex broke up with me after 4 years because he said he was immature and needed to grow up without me and part of that was meeting
Need Advice - it's urgent for me
Hello Everyone, I meesed up my life and I take full responsibilty. I ned advice and what to do to remedy the situation immediately and prevent it
Ask For Advice