Ask For Advice

Thread: Finally dumped my boyfriend....drug addict/alcoholic

Rah25

Finally dumped my boyfriend....drug addict/alcoholic

Hi all,

I finally dumped my boyfriend....he's a drug addict/alcoholic. I just don't know how to make it stick. There are some nights i'm so lonely and vulnerable, adn I can't help but answer a message he writes me or write a new one to him. Any advice on how to get out of an emotionally and verbally abusive relationship?

He makes me feel so small by the way he speaks to me. If we are arguing he'll mock me in front of his friends, they all think I'm some crazy girl. Granted, I got upset when he was out till 8 am, doing lines of coke....but I also haven't ever touched any drugs ... I just wanted him to stay sober. He's fallen of the wagon plenty..I think it's better for both of us if I leave. I feel so worthless to him...and a part of me just wishes he'll come here and tell me Im special. But even if he says it I know he doesn't mean it.

I was single for 2 years before meeting him, and I wish I could go back to the old me that didn't feel so worthless... I dont talk to my friends about this because htey keep saying - you should just dump him...but no one gets how hard itis. I'm in this vicious cycle

Thanks for reading guys and girls

metrogirl
    In the end, he will only drag you down so it's good you dumped him. Stay strong and don't be persuaded by his smooth talk.

Hollyj
    Platinum Member
    You are a co-dependent. Look into CODA for help, they are a free, international organization that can help you recognize and change your behavior.

Good luck!

yikeshelpme
    Quote Originally Posted by Rah25 [Register to see the link]
    Hi all,
    Any advice on how to get out of an emotionally and verbally abusive relationship?

I feel so worthless to him...and a part of me just wishes he'll come here and tell me Im special. But even if he says it I know he doesn't mean it.
    How is he abusive towards you?

Any reason you don't believe him if he tells you that your special?

Top Threads
Was breaking up the right decision?
Hello folks of eNotAlone. I've never posted in here before, but I read the forums often, and I figured I could use some advice from people who are
Got dumped by my girlfriend two days ago. Advice?
Basically we were together for 3 months. She had no prior relationships for a year and half before we met. She was a single mother and was struggling
Travel or love
Hi everyone, hope you can help me out💆🏻 I'm currently 19 and about to finish my degree in college. For the past few years I have
Advice
Hi, Thank you for taking your time in reading this. I've been dating a guy for almost 3 months, We had a nice connection, we were seeing each
I dont know where to turn
Hello all. I appreciate anyone that lends some advice my way. My best friend of 10 years left me about a month ago. We were engaged the last year and
Feel like im going mad, please help
Hello everyone, I am pretty new to this asking for help business but I am really stuck in a muddle and could do with do some others opinions to
Hit my lover for cheating and lying
I slapped my lover twice and punched him in the face when I found out he cheated and lied to me for past 2 years. He said he was divorced and his ex

Featured Threads
Controlling or very opinionated?
Hi, my name is Michael. I came here for some advice on my girlfriend and I's relationship. I am 17 and she is 16 and we've been dating for just shy
Women who prefer/only date younger men
I am dating a woman who is 9 years older than me. However, going after younger guys doesn't appear to be her pattern. In fact, the age difference
Still feels like the first day...
Long long story short.. I'll Coles notes it. I meet the love of my life at a gig I was playing, we ended up not spending a single night apart for
My partner and I have different goals, values, and thinking, should we continue?
My partner and I met a couple years ago when she moved to the city I lived in. We had shared a group of friends but never really knew each other
I'm hurt and not sure what to do ...
So ,this is my first time posting here ,but My mother always said it helps to write things down .So here it goes ! ^^ For a couple of weeks now
Who Am I and What do I Want?
Hi everyone, and thanks for reading this. At the moment I feel like I am having some sort of identity crisis, whilst not knowing what I want for
Is it wrong that I still talk to my ex boyfriend?
My ex boyfriend dumped me last week because he was pressuring me to have sex and I wasn't ready to have sex and he keeps calling and texting me every
Ask For Advice