Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: <removed> I need advice..

I just needed help...I didn't mean to cause so much drama...

Originally Posted by KatyC
    I just needed help...I didn't mean to cause so much drama...
    You're not causing any drama

Some people just blow things out of proportion. But frankly I'm not that bothered, because a) many people don't read the posts properly, b) if they do read it properly they completely miss the point being made and c) they say things like "the fact is" when in fact it's not a fact at all. That is a shame but hey, what ya gonna do? I'm glad you're ok and I hope you can find some information out there with regards to contraception and what suits you best. Maybe a family planning clinic or what not.
    Last edited by Saffron_; 06-28-2011 at 01:52 PM.

OG, I'm not sure what you're on about "Failed contraceptives don't get people pregnant - idiocy in sex education does" because for one I already made the point that not using contraception correctly causes pregnancy! Uh, that was my whole point. And secondly, failed contraceptives do get people pregnant depending on what form you choose to use. Some fail more than others, obviously! Also, the OP wasn't using the withdrawal method. They had used a condom which presumably came off inside her when her bf withdrew, therefore her risk of pregnancy would have been from pre-cum (which many studies have shown does not contain sperm though that is debatable) inside a condom. Now I'm not going to labor my point any longer. I don't mean to offend you OG because I completely agree in safe sex. I simply feel that telling someone to take two forms of birth control might not work if they can't even use the first one correctly. If someone doesn't use a condom properly and doesn't take the pill as it's meant to be taken, well they're not gonna be as safe as if they chose one and used it right. If someone wants to double up on protection, that's fine, but they shouldn't be scared into thinking they have to. Especially since hormonal birth control can have side effects. But it all comes down to personal choice.

People who are not sexually educated - just look at the pregnancy forum! - don't know the facts about their own body OR how to use their contraceptives. So 8 out of 10 times it's not the fact the contraceptive failed that got them pregnant, it's the fact they didn't know how to use it or other factors. I never preach two forms of birth control (I only use pills) but for someone who is freaking out about getting pregnant, yes, I tend ti advise they use something other thn a condom for peace of mind, as long as they take it properly.

Originally Posted by OptomisticGirl
    So 8 out of 10 times it's not the fact the contraceptive failed that got them pregnant, it's the fact they didn't know how to use it or other factors.
    Well I completely agree with you on that!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Give Advice
Ask For Advice