Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: When an ex says "I Miss You"

Bronze Member
    Originally Posted by lucasky
    ---snip --- I got back together with my boyfriend after a painful break, and guess what? I didn't hold out for him to come begging for me back. No way.

It came with time, but what he needed was for us to be friendly and kind to one another again first. Sometimes I miss you is a HUGE offering on their part! I'm tired of reading about how "I miss you" is not good enough. Its true that some people use that line to string dumpees along, but sometimes the dumper genuinely knows they messed up but doesn't know how to go about fixing things, or is unsure themselves about what to do/think/feel.
    One more thing - when he said he missed me - I made it clear that I missed him as well, but wasn't interested in talking about it - unless he was prepared to spend time with me for that to mean something. That's not me asking him to beg - so I don't appreciate your superficial analysis.

That's me asking him to be resolved and sincere with his sentiments and if this thread is driving you nuts - you can always find another one to grouse about.

Gold Member
    i agree witht he op. when my ex and i broke up after a month i told her i couldnt be in her life for some time she cried and told me that she missed me. thats a way for them to get over u because if they feel they have u by there side forever they feel like they can date some one else in the meantime and have u there just incase

Everyone is different though. Lucasky is right too, as well as all of you. Their personality plays a huge role. It's still best for the dumpee to play it safe and guard their heart but honestly, everyone is different.

I got a phone call from mine when it was too late, but he still wanted me back for months.. did it in his own way, you dont always get those 'magic words'

Gold Member
    most of the times u dont get the magic words. its better not to think about it because u can be hurt at the end if u wait. some one told me to give wait for her a month i decided not to. man was i hapy if iw aited for her this would of been month one for me

Gold Member
    Originally Posted by jumper11
    Everyone is different though. Lucasky is right too, as well as all of you. Their personality plays a huge role. It's still best for the dumpee to play it safe and guard their heart but honestly, everyone is different.

I got a phone call from mine when it was too late, but he still wanted me back for months.. did it in his own way, you dont always get those 'magic words'
    I agree, but dumpers have to consider who's heart they hurt in the first place and need to stop being so selfish with such a text. They MISS US, therefore they are contacting us because they are selfishly fishing for something whether it be an ego boost, a genuine reply, a chance at reconciliation, or a chance at friendship.

They were selfish upon breaking up with us for whatever reason, and they are being selfish in trying to get contact from us for whatever reasons. They need to prove it more than a simple cheesy I miss you. You miss what...me? me shlong? my smile? the way I hold you? what is it that you miss...

This is me, I know it sounds bitter, but it's not. Just a realistic view at the situation and intent.

I acknowledged that sometimes dumpees do use it to string it along! But for others it is an honest attempt at reaching out. Sorry for sounding really rant-ish. I'm just tired of seeing only one side of things (even if in your situation, "I miss you" really is not good enough).

Bronze Member
    Originally Posted by blackhawks1287
    I agree, but dumpers have to consider who's heart they hurt in the first place and need to stop being so selfish with such a text. They MISS US, therefore they are contacting us because they are selfishly fishing for something whether it be an ego boost, a genuine reply, a chance at reconciliation, or a chance at friendship.

They were selfish upon breaking up with us for whatever reason, and they are being selfish in trying to get contact from us for whatever reasons. They need to prove it more than a simple cheesy I miss you. You miss what...me? me shlong? my smile? the way I hold you? what is it that you miss...

This is me, I know it sounds bitter, but it's not. Just a realistic view at the situation and intent.
    That's the head of the nail - I was saying - that you need more than JUST "I Miss You" to know they want to reconcile.

I agree 100%.

Gold Member
    Originally Posted by lucasky
    I acknowledged that sometimes dumpees do use it to string it along! But for others it is an honest attempt at reaching out. Sorry for sounding really rant-ish. I'm just tired of seeing only one side of things (even if in your situation, "I miss you" really is not good enough).
    well sometimes they do it to reach out but we cant take it to heart or else we would stay there just wondering what they really mean

Originally Posted by ferna3069
    well sometimes they do it to reach out but we cant take it to heart or else we would stay there just wondering what they really mean
    Absolutely. I am not saying that one way is right over the other. My post was mainly put our there because I know lots of people read these threads, and its important that they see both sides of things.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice