Wow never knew guys could be so ignorant on Facebook

Whenever I go on my gf's facebook I always get mad when I see this guy who tries too hard to catch my gf's attention. I just saw this post that the guy posted yesterday asking her why she never calls him when she's by his area. I literally wanted to comment on his post to tell him to but I trust my gf so I won't get involved but seriously I don't know how some guys would still try to flirt with someone who is taken? This guy always comments on her status and tries to flirt with her and the comments he posted on her photo album were just not tolerable. He obviously likes her alot and he knows we're in a relationship. Should I just leave it to my gf to do the talking or should I get involved?

To be honest...it is facebook and guys do say stupid things. But if it is bothering you and you think it is having a negative effect on your relationship you should softly and calmly bring it up. Your girlfriend technically is not doing anything to prevent such comments, or delete him...she subconsciously likes the attention it seems. This is why facebook and text messages and emails can ruin relationships.

Just be calm and collected. Do not be insecure, and I know that will be hard to portray because I would be too in a sense. Trust can only go so far, but if it bothers you, do set up a boundary...boundaries and communication are important.

I'd like to note that Facebook doesn't ruin relationships, the people using Facebook ruin relationships. Facebook just provides another forum for people to chisel away at their relationships, especially for those who have inclinations to be jealous or scandalous or whatever else.

If you trust her, there's really no point in bringing it up. Honestly, people flirt with other people's significant others outside of just the virtual world. The difference is that it's not right there in writing for the boyfriends/girlfriends to see it.

If anything, your girlfriend should be the one to put up boundaries - by either ignoring him, asking him to stop because she has a boyfriend, or deleting him from her friend's list and/or blocking him.

agree with drama let her decide this will tell u what u mean to her

she could stop his comments any time she likes by defriending him, and it is her account so she can decide whether he is offensive or not. she is not stopping him, so i suspect the real issue here is that you are annoyed that she tolerates a bit of online flirting from someone. don't be mad at the guy when the real issue is your GF is fine with it otherwise she'd defriend him. she may perceive his flirting as harmless and entertaining or comical, so talk to her about it if it bothers you, or just leave it alone if you do trust her and think she won't do anything with this guy.

As someone who fell victim to this very same drama, I'll say that you should IGNORE it. What you should absolutely not do is comment on it and attack the posters. You'll look like an ass in front of your girlfriend, her friends, and her family (fwiw I did not do this). You can talk to her, but most likely she'll just say it's not a big deal, and in all likelihood it isn't a big deal. And, yes, many guys are this ignorant. They selfishly try to destroy and sabotage meaningful relationships so that they can get some quick action. FB just puts this behavior on display. Take some good old fashioned anti-jealousy medicine. All of these guys gawking at your girlfriend's pictures and trying to creep up on her every status update...you're the one she's with and you're the one [insert favorite sexual act here]. Suckers.

How old is she, by the way?

Archived