Is he interested? Signs he could be?

katazynaa

Feel free to ignore the long backstory and just get to the question. I really would love any answers I can get, and if reading the novel I typed gets in the way of that I'd be really bummed, haha.

I dated a guy for about two weeks. I thought it might be something great, it was something dreadful. Also during that time I developed feelings for his best friend who toward the end of the relationship I had stayed up till all hours of the night gaming with (I'm a huge gamer) via xbox live etc. That was also another reason behind my ending my relationship; I felt it unfair.

It's been a couple weeks now since the relationship has ended, and from what I'm hearing the guy I was with realized he's in love with this girl and all this stuff so that shows me that he is over me, which he should be. It's just the reason that I left him was because he was SO serious SO fast and it freaked me out. So seeing that he was onto someone else was a relief.

Anyways, the best friend and I haven't stopped talking. He's made it clear that we ARE friends, and admitted that he tells me absolutely everything which he really does. We have no boundaries. He compliments me, praises me, stays up till 7+ am playing games or watching TV shows with me on xbox live. We've only seen other physically a handful of times since the breakup, but we have not stopped speaking in some way. Texting, calling, gaming, we're the last person we talk to at night and often the first in the morning. He shoots me texts all throughout the day, telling me about a good moment he just had or just giving a random fact about something that came into his mind. he calls me when he sees something that makes him think of me. He listens when I talk. We have everything in common. My little crush on him is getting bigger and bigger and it's very fun and exciting and cute. He listens to what I say too and I appreciate that. Like, I'll say something mindless and small and two weeks later it'll be brought up because he remembered me saying it, even when I didn't say it directly to him. But that could just be that he has a good memory.

But I wonder if he is interested in me as well, or if this is just a guy being a friendly guy. I'm sure there's a bro code prohibiting guys to date their best friends' girls, but we only dated for 2 weeks and we're both so over it it's ridiculous. So does it really matter? Or could it just be a matter of time? My main question is if all those things I listed seems like a possible romantic interest, or just guy/girl pals.

OH and, he talks about girls to me. Sex, relationships, etc, he really does tell me everything. That makes me feel like he's not interested, but people have told me that is not necessarily true. So yeah. I'd love guys' input on that bit of info as well.

I get the feeling you guys are a bit... young? 16? 17? I could be wrong. Most people don't need to "break up" after only dating for 2 weeks, that's really the reason I ask. I don't think there's much of a code for not dating someone your buddy dated when it didn't even meet the half-month mark. If you like him that much, suggest getting together sometime. Go shopping for your new favorite x-box game, I don't know.

I get the feeling you guys are a bit... young? 16? 17? I could be wrong. Most people don't need to "break up" after only dating for 2 weeks, that's really the reason I ask. I don't think there's much of a code for not dating someone your buddy dated when it didn't even meet the half-month mark. If you like him that much, suggest getting together sometime. Go shopping for your new favorite x-box game, I don't know.

23, actually, haha. The two weeks... I've known this guy, the one I dated, for years now. And there was always a little flirtation and we just recently started spending more time together and he had this really great facade going on. Once we started actually dating, he became obsessive and wanted to be together forever and was starting to tell me he loved me. Aside from that he just wasn't the person I thought he was anymore. Overall, it wasn't good. I knew I had to leave quickly before he got even more serious.

23, actually, haha. The two weeks... I've known this guy, the one I dated, for years now. And there was always a little flirtation and we just recently started spending more time together and he had this really great facade going on. Once we started actually dating, he became obsessive and wanted to be together forever and was starting to tell me he loved me. Aside from that he just wasn't the person I thought he was anymore. Overall, it wasn't good. I knew I had to leave quickly before he got even more serious.

Oh, sorry. Always a risk guessing that... like asking someone "When are you due?" when you don't really know whether or not they are pregnant.

Anyway, I still don't see a big dilemma for the guy you like to decide whether or not to date you, since it was such a short time. I would be more concerned about giving it a little time first, just to be respectful as a friend & not appear that you two were conniving to make things happen like this. Maybe a couple more weeks, so there is a month in there between the time things cooled off with the first guy before starting to see the second. At that point, I don't see why you wouldn't suggest getting together with him, if he hasn't already suggested it first.

Oh, sorry. Always a risk guessing that... like asking someone "When are you due?" when you don't really know whether or not they are pregnant.

Anyway, I still don't see a big dilemma for the guy you like to decide whether or not to date you, since it was such a short time. I would be more concerned about giving it a little time first, just to be respectful as a friend & not appear that you two were conniving to make things happen like this. Maybe a couple more weeks, so there is a month in there between the time things cooled off with the first guy before starting to see the second. At that point, I don't see why you wouldn't suggest getting together with him, if he hasn't already suggested it first.

Yeah, no problem, haha I totally understand.

And yeah... definitely planning on taking time. I'd take even more if necessary. I just don't want to fall into something that is onesided, you know? But I also feel it's too soon to be asking/talking about whether he not he has romantic interest in me so I have to work based on just "signs" and that's not so easy, ha.

Archived