Ask For Advice

Thread: Unexplained bruises on my legs

TulipWriter

Question Unexplained bruises on my legs

I keep waking up with bruises in various spots on my legs. I can't recall bumping into anything. Could there be another explanation?

Firiel
    Anemia is probably the most likely culprit. You could either start taking iron as a precaution or go to the doctor to get a blood test.

ChicoShadow
    Bronze Member
    are they bruises or bumps...if they are red and itchy, maybe bedbugs...or you could be having some crazy active dreams.

Sweetkisses22
    Quote Originally Posted by Firiel [Register to see the link]
    Anemia is probably the most likely culprit. You could either start taking iron as a precaution or go to the doctor to get a blood test.
    funny cause this is the exact same thing that's been happening to me for the past 6 years lol. I always have bruises on my legs and have no idea how I get them. I am anemic so that probably explains it.

TulipWriter
    I'm pretty certain I was tested for anemia when I was 16, with no result. Of course, that was 10 years ago, so looks like I should get tested again. Thanks!

DD123
    eh you may just bruise easy.

Bethany12594
    I would hate to say this but it could be Leukemia. Bruising, and anemia are the first signs. Maybe you should ask you doctor.

Here are some links:

link removed
    link removed
    link removed

Someday_Soon
    You could try going to the doctor and asking for a complete blood count (CBC). That will tell you if your platelet count and white blood cell count is normal. Also ask to get tested for Vitamin K. This vitamin is essential to the coagulation cascade. Also research idiopathic thrombotic thrombocytic purpura.

Sparkly Eyes

lol, I get them all the time. They are probably not as unexplained as you think. You probably just bumped into something and don't remember.

MakeItCount
    Sleep walking where you get in jackie chan-like fights with your closet?!

Top Threads
Being Wealthy...
I hope that it's not a problem that I'm just going to jump in here (I just finished activating my acct.). I know some forums prefer you to write some
Tender around ears and down neck. What's going on?
Last month I started to have pain/tenderness behind and in front of my ears and also down my neck. It was a dull ache that just lingered. I did have
Mom I don't understand this
So y'all know that mom has been fightin the cancer for a while now. She's had very little to no mobility the past few months, and hasn't ate enough
Paxil Discontinuation
This is more of a rant but any advice is needed. Under advice of my doctor, we've decided after four years to discontinue Paxil. Although
When everything is going to sh*t?
Title says it all.....ive been really hard in my career and also relationship side of things for the past 4 months or so and it just feels like
What now...
Long story but I'll shorten it up. I come from a pretty well educated, well off family. They value manners and respect and they've raised me well
Overcoming Anxiety
For a couple of years now I've considered myself 'mentally healthy'. After years of depression and social anxiety I was feeling good or better. It's

Expert Advice
Featured Threads
Tired of Being His Provider??
Okay so I found this site through Google. This seems like a pretty common topic and I suppose I just need to vent. My husband has been unemployed
Beautiful women who works at lush...
So there is this a girl who works at this place. I've been in there twice now and she is a stunner. Its one of those girls who you have to look twice
Being left for another man by my ex girlfriend
My and my ex gf broke up 7 months ago back in late April. We had bad fights and she stated she was unhappy. She then proceeded to have an active
Wondering?
Ok, I posted before about my situation but I would like to further talk. This woman I became involved with 3 years ago TOLD me she had feelings for
Break up Advice Needed
Hi all, I really need some advice on my recent break up with my girlfriend of almost five years. A few months ago I started to feel unhappy and
She's getting ready for marriage. She thinks that it is what I want. My fault.
So, I am pretty much in a difficult situation. I have been with a girl for the past 4 years. In these 4 years, after a while I realized she really
Venting - Advice...?
Hello, Im a 36 year old male, married with 3 kids. My wife and I are pretty much like roommates. There is zero sex life and its from both ends
Ask For Advice