Ask For Advice

Thread: ex drunk texting me

luvsomeone333

ex drunk texting me

just asking in general what do you think about ex's drunk texting or caliing? is it the truth or a lie?

i ve heard stories that when a person is drunk such as the ex it means that whatever they say is the truth...do u think thats true?

dramallama
    I think that if they truly mean it then they'll have no trouble saying it again when they are sober.

Robin2904
    I think it depends. I do sometimes spill my emotions out way more when I'm drunk then I do sober, but that doesn't mean he means it. There could be a lot of reasons why he's drunk texting/dialing. He's upset about his current situation and wanted you to fall back on, he's looking for a booty call, lonely, or of course yes it could be genuine and he could be saying how he really feels, but is afraid to say sober. It's tough to tell.

nattpanter
    Silver Member
    Me, personally...if my ex gf (who dumped me) suddenly called/texted me drunk...I would take it as a huge offense after all I have been trough!

Success
    Bronze Member
    Alcohol = truth serum

But another way of looking at it is if your ex is drunk and calling/texting you, that means YOU are on his mind. I guess that should make you feel better knowing that you're the one he's thinking of.

iBroken
    ^ Not entirely true....I have gone out and checked others out, flirted etc and at the end of the night, if I was still flying solo, I would think about contacting an ex.....

Its just an ego thing.....

Success
    Bronze Member
    ^ My point exactly... if you thought about contacting your ex, whether it be for an ego boost or any other reason, you still thought about the ex. For the OP, the ex thought of her enough to actually initiate contact, that's my positive spin on it and as far as I'd take it.

ps - Gardiner closing this weekend if you have any plans on being downtown.

Top Threads
Should I delete my ex husband in Facebook?
The title says it all. We dated for 3 years married for4 and divorced in 2007. All he does is post pictures of him and his girlfriend and has a band
Broke NC because I had to. Need help.
Hey guys, I've been posting on this board a couple times this month mostly because I was proud of myself for competing a month of NC and starting
Dating detox...thoughts?
I never used to believe that people should wait until they are completely healed from something before embarking on the next similar "thing." This
Why Would One Delete/Hide Their Match.com Account?
I'm pretty sure you know why I ask, so judge away. He had account for 6 months, activity drastically dropped off as of two weeks ago. Today
Does no contact ever work?
So long story short, I was used, stood up multiple times, lied to, and played by the same guy in a short amount of time. I allowed it because I had
Not sure if i have the right to be annoyed or not
So my wife of 5 years (and 3 kids) separated about 2 months ago now for various reasons the main one being she cheated on me. She is now in an open
Ex's birthday is coming up
Hi guys. Just thought I'd put this question out there to see what general consensus is, as I'm having a bit of a heart vs ego situation. I broke up

Expert Advice
Featured Threads
Dating younger guy 24 years difference
I am 50 yrs old dating a 26 yrs old guy. We been dating each other for a couple months things are great between us. He told me he will always be
Boyfriend gets very angry if I mention his ex, is this normal?
Hi everyone! My boyfriend and I have been dating for almost 5months. He broke up with his ex and a year and a half ago. 7 months after they
Should I let my boyfriend stay overnight with his friends?
Hi there. Firstly thank you for reading this post. I am a new member to this forum, and also will soon be new immigrant of the UK so basically there
Is this abuse?
Iím desperate for some advice. Iíve been with my partner for nearly 2 years and everything has been ok, except from when he drinks. I really do not
Is there hope for me?
Me and my girlfriend of two years had been talking about moving in together lately. We didn't actually go look at any place in person, but browsed a
Bringing up trust issues at the start of a new relationship? My situation...
Haven't been on these boards since my last break up a couple years ago, and here I am about to begin a new relationship with feelings from the last
Whats my next move - Dating a girl fresh out of a relationship
Hey guys, So heres the deal. Met a girl in class and I asked her out. Her answer was "maybe" because she didn't want to say no to me but just
Ask For Advice