Ask For Advice

Thread: Ex is really flirting with me....why/how to react to it?

Oliviaa
    Bronze Member

Question Ex is really flirting with me....why/how to react to it?

He broke up with me 10 months ago, but I blame myself for the main problems (had personal problems leading to depression etc). Been NC pretty much ever since until I unblocked him on fb 2 weeks ago and he started speaking to me again....

At first it was friendly, catching-up etc, asking what I had been up to, then couple of days later he initiated more conversations and grew more flirty, making references to our past relationship, then days later he asked me who I had been with since the split & we discussed the problems leading to our breakup. The flirting continued making references to our past sexlife and him just generally being cheeky/making innuendos etc. Our convos last on average 3-4 hours & he speaks to me every other day......

Is this behaviour typical with ex's (he was my first love, so I haven't much experience with them!)? Is he just being this way to be friendly/only way he knows or do you reckon he is interested in me again?

I'm lost at how to handle it, so far I've been neutral/haven't really flirted back but now I'm back in contact I realise I do miss him & love him still .............. should I indulge in flirting back to see where things go or is this how exes usually talk/behave once they're back in contact with their first loves? I'll be grateful for any advice/experience with these situations!

pl3asehelp

He's definitely interested in you.

ferna3069
    Gold Member
    yup he sounds intrested

CMS
    Gold Member
    Yup he is interested. Sounds like he is about to ask you out again.

zakky
    Bronze Member
    If you still love him do a bit of flirting back but keep it very light and definitely don't tell him you still love him. Keep it fun and light - no pressure or stress - he is definitely interested.

Oliviaa
    Bronze Member
    Thank you for your replies! I was starting to think the same but didn't want to get my hopes up..... however, last night he started to tease me/call me names yet still said flirty stuff inbetween? Today he has initiated another conversation yet has started to be blunt/stop talking midway through. Why is he starting the conversations just to stop/act cold midway through? ARG so confused right now.....

Top Threads
Help!!!!! I want my ex back but I cheated!
I've been in relationship with this guy for 3 years now, and through that time we had our ups and downs. One of them, was his anger. Whenever he
Ex and Adult Hook Up Website Question
Hello there, I have a silly question that I probably know the answer to already, but I thought I'd post just to see others opinions. I ended
Gf meets ex
Guys, my gf wrote this msg to her ex (eventhough she says she never dated him? She did tell me after meeting him that they met, but not these
Update and rant on ‘Should I ask my ex if shes is OK?’
So this is an update on a post I made yesterday regarding asking my ex if she was ok. Quick overview – we have been broke up for around three weeks
what does it mean
So after three months of being broken up with, my ex contacted me. Saying that she is moving back into town Temporarily till she's financially stable
Ex is acting weird..
Me and my ex broke up around three weeks ago. We have two children aged two and five. We hadn’t been getting along for a while, and both of us wert
Ex wants to catch up after more than 3 years - wants to meet up for a weekend.
So Im Canadian and my ex is from France. We met in my hometown during uni and went out for about 4 years total. We dealt with some long distance
Featured Threads
Controlling or very opinionated?
Hi, my name is Michael. I came here for some advice on my girlfriend and I's relationship. I am 17 and she is 16 and we've been dating for just shy
Women who prefer/only date younger men
I am dating a woman who is 9 years older than me. However, going after younger guys doesn't appear to be her pattern. In fact, the age difference
Still feels like the first day...
Long long story short.. I'll Coles notes it. I meet the love of my life at a gig I was playing, we ended up not spending a single night apart for
My partner and I have different goals, values, and thinking, should we continue?
My partner and I met a couple years ago when she moved to the city I lived in. We had shared a group of friends but never really knew each other
I'm hurt and not sure what to do ...
So ,this is my first time posting here ,but My mother always said it helps to write things down .So here it goes ! ^^ For a couple of weeks now
Who Am I and What do I Want?
Hi everyone, and thanks for reading this. At the moment I feel like I am having some sort of identity crisis, whilst not knowing what I want for
Is it wrong that I still talk to my ex boyfriend?
My ex boyfriend dumped me last week because he was pressuring me to have sex and I wasn't ready to have sex and he keeps calling and texting me every
Ask For Advice