Ask For Advice

Thread: Ex is really flirting with me....why/how to react to it?

Oliviaa
    Bronze Member

Question Ex is really flirting with me....why/how to react to it?

He broke up with me 10 months ago, but I blame myself for the main problems (had personal problems leading to depression etc). Been NC pretty much ever since until I unblocked him on fb 2 weeks ago and he started speaking to me again....

At first it was friendly, catching-up etc, asking what I had been up to, then couple of days later he initiated more conversations and grew more flirty, making references to our past relationship, then days later he asked me who I had been with since the split & we discussed the problems leading to our breakup. The flirting continued making references to our past sexlife and him just generally being cheeky/making innuendos etc. Our convos last on average 3-4 hours & he speaks to me every other day......

Is this behaviour typical with ex's (he was my first love, so I haven't much experience with them!)? Is he just being this way to be friendly/only way he knows or do you reckon he is interested in me again?

I'm lost at how to handle it, so far I've been neutral/haven't really flirted back but now I'm back in contact I realise I do miss him & love him still .............. should I indulge in flirting back to see where things go or is this how exes usually talk/behave once they're back in contact with their first loves? I'll be grateful for any advice/experience with these situations!

pl3asehelp

He's definitely interested in you.

ferna3069
    Gold Member
    yup he sounds intrested

CMS
    Gold Member
    Yup he is interested. Sounds like he is about to ask you out again.

zakky
    Bronze Member
    If you still love him do a bit of flirting back but keep it very light and definitely don't tell him you still love him. Keep it fun and light - no pressure or stress - he is definitely interested.

Oliviaa
    Bronze Member
    Thank you for your replies! I was starting to think the same but didn't want to get my hopes up..... however, last night he started to tease me/call me names yet still said flirty stuff inbetween? Today he has initiated another conversation yet has started to be blunt/stop talking midway through. Why is he starting the conversations just to stop/act cold midway through? ARG so confused right now.....

Top Threads
Why is he cheating on his girlfriend with his ex?
My husband and I had separated for a short time, my choice. I was having an emotional affair with this man for a few months prior to me leaving. I
My first bf and I broke up after 5 years cause of his girl best friend.
My first boyfriend and I were together for nearly five years, during all that time she caused trouble in our relationship, criticised every present I
Ex needs help getting a ring
Okay to cut it short I was dating this guy for about 5 months until I ended it due to religious differences but we still liked each other. We remain
Mixed Signals
Well I wasn't in a super long relationship. Just 10 months but I knew I was in love and I still am. The relationship ended 2 days ago. He dumped me
FWB with my EX?
Just recently I broke up with my boyfriend of ten months because I wasn't getting the treatment I deserve. In ten months he hadn't taken me out on a
Just wanting some advice about my ex-bf
Hi, I am just looking for some advice or even just wanting a place where I can vent my thoughts. My ex-bf broke up with me 4 days ago. I'm quite
Featured Threads
Is he still in love with his EX?
I met this great guy at work (last November), he just got out of a painful breakup (last September) during that time he kept communicating with his
Can't get over girlfriends past
I've been dating this girl for about 5 months and its going great. The only issue is that I can't get over her sexual history. There are several
I dont like my girlfriends new piercing
So my girlfriend went and got nipple piercings knowing that i didnt like them and didnt tell me she was gonna get them. They are a really big turn
What I am to her ?
hey guys I want some counseling .. I met a girl online .. At first she said that she doesn't wanna fall for me and we will be just friends .. I said
I want my family back
Hi, I was dumped on New Years Eve by my ex girlfriend of 8 years whom I have a 6 year old with. We have been arguing for the past few months prior to
Anxious and depressed about being 32 yo and not married
I could really use some kind and encouraging words right now because I wake up every morning to an intense feeling of pain because I am alone. I'm 32
Ex (dumper) delays giving keys back. Why?
First time poster. Been viewing threads somewhat regularly for a few months now and figured I'd get a few opinions. I'll give a little of the
Ask For Advice