Ask For Advice

Thread: Ex is really flirting with me....why/how to react to it?

Oliviaa
    Bronze Member

Question Ex is really flirting with me....why/how to react to it?

He broke up with me 10 months ago, but I blame myself for the main problems (had personal problems leading to depression etc). Been NC pretty much ever since until I unblocked him on fb 2 weeks ago and he started speaking to me again....

At first it was friendly, catching-up etc, asking what I had been up to, then couple of days later he initiated more conversations and grew more flirty, making references to our past relationship, then days later he asked me who I had been with since the split & we discussed the problems leading to our breakup. The flirting continued making references to our past sexlife and him just generally being cheeky/making innuendos etc. Our convos last on average 3-4 hours & he speaks to me every other day......

Is this behaviour typical with ex's (he was my first love, so I haven't much experience with them!)? Is he just being this way to be friendly/only way he knows or do you reckon he is interested in me again?

I'm lost at how to handle it, so far I've been neutral/haven't really flirted back but now I'm back in contact I realise I do miss him & love him still should I indulge in flirting back to see where things go or is this how exes usually talk/behave once they're back in contact with their first loves? I'll be grateful for any advice/experience with these situations!

pl3asehelp

He's definitely interested in you.

ferna3069
    Gold Member
    yup he sounds intrested

CMS
    Gold Member
    Yup he is interested. Sounds like he is about to ask you out again.

zakky
    Bronze Member
    If you still love him do a bit of flirting back but keep it very light and definitely don't tell him you still love him. Keep it fun and light - no pressure or stress - he is definitely interested.

Oliviaa
    Bronze Member
    Thank you for your replies! I was starting to think the same but didn't want to get my hopes up..... however, last night he started to tease me/call me names yet still said flirty stuff inbetween? Today he has initiated another conversation yet has started to be blunt/stop talking midway through. Why is he starting the conversations just to stop/act cold midway through? ARG so confused right now.....

Top Threads
Is there any way to get him back ?
So hello, I know many of you might think that internet relationship isn't real, but it is very real. I'm as real as he is and everything we felt is
Good chance to reach out? Or not at all?
Full length story: Thread tittle “She told me I am the man she wants”. Long story cut short: My ex and I met in college, been together for four
Agonized over current situation...NC broke with cheating ex
I'm 22, my bf is 31, he cheated on me with a 19-year old friend of mine in September then dumped me. Found out about the cheating a couple weeks
We disagree re:breakup & now he wants to be friends?
My ex and I disagree about why we broke up. He broke up with me. He thinks it's a compatibility issue but from my perspective it was a lack of
It felt like he cheated on me
Hey guys so my ex boyfriend and I broke up one day after being together for a year. The very next day he hooked up with someone else, I believe that
My ex is going to strip clubs right after our brake up
We broke up my fiancé and I were together for 6yrs now I found out that the day of our brake up he went to a strip club and end it up sleeping with
I can't stop the urge to break No contact!
I met her 3 months ago, We had so many things in common, our liking were alike, we really synced. Went on date and kinda knew we both were attracted
Featured Threads
Red Flag if the guy on first date does not pay for my food?
A guys asked me out to a dinner and picked the restaurant. Toward the end, when the waiter came to drop off the bill, the waiter leaned toward the
narcissistic ex - help/ how to get back at him
So this is a post about a narcisisstic, immature ex. Not an ex boyfriend, not an ex boy, but something in between. It was something in between
University freshers fling?
[B]Hey there! [/B] Thank you so much for reading this. I just [I]REALLY [/I]need advice as it's SERIOUSLY affecting MY LIFE
Should you call out your ex when you find out they've been cheating on you?
Just some thoughts guys. Have you been cheated on? What did you do? Did you call your ex out on the lies and deceit? Or go on with your lives?
Ex is being so angry and hateful
I was in kind of relationship for almost 6-7 months but unexpectedly we broke up. He dumped. Just on a fight. Just day after our breakup. I went back
How to avoid checking up on ex social media?
Hi friends, I’m finding that posting here and seeing so many of us in the same boat is proving rather helpful in my own journey to move on. That
Break-up
Hi, I've recently just been broken up with by my girlfriend of two years, she has stated it wasn't all my fault and she is part to blame, but would
Ask For Advice