Shy women...

Exchange

Strange topic I know, since it seems like its the guys are more shy but let me explain my situation.

Met this girl through facebook, started hanging out quite a bit at my place. Even before our first real date she would spend the night, cuddle with me, make out, etc. Got around to the first date, went great and she's up for a second one.

My problem is that she said she isn't very good on expressing her emotions or feelings. And I feel like she is surpressing them so she doesn't move too fast. She really hasn't said anything truly romantic towards me and I've told her already that I've liked her but she doesn't say anything back. And in conversations when I try to extract information about her it's the "I don't know" or it's very vague. When I asked her what she might be interestesd in doing on a date, for example, she says she just goes with the flow and doesn't have a particular one.

I know by her actions she really likes me and we could be in a relationship, but I'd like her to tell me with words. Just so I know what exactly I'm pursuing here, because if she isn't interested in a relationship then I won't go any further with her.

I really feel after only one real date you may be asking a lot--how is she supposed to know, at this stage. if she wants to be in a relationship with you?,,,this is the time to get to know one another so you can find that out...this isn't like buying a car & taking it on 1 test drive and signing papers...

if she didn't like you she wouldn't be spending time with you & visa versa, right? maybe I'm missing your point? But it seems you are liking her and are perhaps a bit nervous--or possibly she isn't being as fast with her feelings as you're used too....but this is her way and you need to learn abt her ways before you decide to be in a rlshp with her too....

I guess I forgot how much baggage the word relationship means. Perhaps it would be beter if I said I would like to pursue a relationship in the future. I don't know it's tough because we have been hanging out quite a bit, spending the night, doing all sorts of relationship oriented type of actions, I guess it just seems natural to me to push it a little further.

My main concern is her saying how she feels. She had something stress about her the other day that it took me awhile to pry her open to tell me about it.

You're right I'm not used to women not being as fast with opening up to me, but I show my feelings and emotions pretty quick if I'm attracted to that person. I just wonder how soon it will be until she reciprocates.

It's hard not to get ahead of yourself when you meet what seems like a "keeper" we just wish that time would spin forward and we'd have all the answers on "did everything work out?...are we happy... are we together in a year?"......but you know in a years time you'll look back and think "that was the coolest time ever! that not knowing and being anxious/nervous...I wish I had those jitters back"...

try to be patient and enjoy the ride

there could be several reasons she didn't want to tell you...maybe it takes her a while to open up? or maybe she didn't want to ruin the evening or sound negative?....maybe she doesn't trust easily?

I have to assume that your other GF's, who were quick to open up & tell you they were really into you, etc...didn't work out right?...just thinking, there could be something to that? Maybe this gal is really different--and that's not such a bad thing? EX: I've been trying the online thing & most of the guys are WAY too forward--saying things like "that's a smile I could wake up to & nonsense like that-- when we haven't even met....then I recently started chatting with a man & we've talked on the phone abt 5 times, for a few hours each--he hasn't said one cheesy comment, no flirting, etc--we're just getting to know one another & though every woman (including me) would like a bit of flirting--just to know he's keen for me--because he isn't going there I'm feeling like there's more substance to this guy

maybe this gal has more substance too?

Archived