Ask For Advice

Thread: What does it mean when a guy calls you a special friend?

babybees

What does it mean when a guy calls you a special friend?

We're not sleeping together. He knows I'm not into FWB. We talk, flirt, text(everyday). He stops by at my work for few minutes a few times.
    He comes up with a lot of excuses when i want to hang out but would hang out occasionally on a specific day he likes. He told me he's a loner and keeps everyone in a distance. He'd rather spend his days off with his kids or just alone, doing his own activities.

He told me he's attracted to me in a special way and call me a very special friend. I just don't get it.

Any opinion?

-babybees

Alezia
    All I can think of is when it quacks like a duck, then it's probably a duck.

misssmithviii
    Special friend? Eh, could mean different things for different men.

If he's the ultra sweet and honest personality I'd say that "special friend" meant he really cares for you and wants you to get the hint and perhaps reciprocate and let him know if you're into him.

If he's pretty 'average' in the sense that he's nice but not too sweet, then it could mean he's interested but not THAT interested - almost just keeping you along thinking you're 'extra special' so you keep holding on and perhaps even get horizontal >.< under the pretense of you being 'just that special'

Capricorn3
    Quote Originally Posted by babybees [Register to see the link]
    He comes up with a lot of excuses when i want to hang out but would hang out occasionally on a specific day he likes. He told me he's a loner and keeps everyone in a distance. He'd rather spend his days off with his kids or just alone, doing his own activities.
    I would take note of the above and take him for his word. He tells you one thing, but when he tells you the above, THAT is what you should focus on. I wouldn't invest too much time into this guy.

Top Threads
Happy 50th birthday to our own Pippy!!
I wish you all the best and a lovely day! You mean a lot to us all on here so you deserve a spotlight! The best years are yet to come and you know
My best friend is getting married...and its complicated!
Hello out there, I have come here to vent about a current situation I am going through...I do not have anyone I can comfortably talk to in regards
Best way to make amends?
Hi, so I'd appreciate some advice on how to make things right with a friend of mine. It was her birthday last weekend and her husband organised a
Complicated "friend" relationship - painful situation
I'm in a rather desperate situation and I'm undecided about how to proceed. My head tells me I need to end this relationship, but my heart tells me
does he want to be friends again
Last year at school I bugged my friend a lot ,I was always talking to him and always walking to him to class. He was bother by it and he talk to the
confusing relationship with girl who has boyfriend
Hello everyone, I was in a long distance relationship for almost 3 years with my now ex and she broke up with me about 2 months ago. Before the break
Can/Should I be friends with this guy!?!
I don't know if I'm in the right place here to ask this but anyway... Basically a year ago I was talking to this guy that I thought I liked, and he

Expert Advice
Featured Threads
Confused about what he wants
I've (21F) been hooking up with this guy (21M) for a few weeks now, but we've also been really good platonic friends for years. I recently got an
Dating Secretly
A few months ago I started dating a man who I am very serious about. I have known him for about a year , and we have a great connection. We are
Why is it all about SEX?
I haven't been much of a dater. All of my relationships first started off with me and the person being classmates then friends which then moved to a
Somethings amiss...HELP!
Hi guys, I have a confusing situation that I need help dissecting. I have been dating "Z" for a little over 2 months (both in mid/late 30s
My Dad has given up on life
So about 10 years ago my Mother died of cancer. My Dad is now in his 70's and over that past 10 years he has just given up on life. - He no longer
BF does not like to take pictures/ Shady AF
My bf has admitted he hates pictures, he just does not like them, so on thanksgiving 2014 I remember I was so excited I wanted to take some pic of
One day " I love you then the next " we're over "
I've never asked for help or done this before so i don't know where to start but here it goes. I have been in a relationship for around 20 months we
Ask For Advice