Ask For Advice

Thread: What does it mean when a guy calls you a special friend?

babybees

What does it mean when a guy calls you a special friend?

We're not sleeping together. He knows I'm not into FWB. We talk, flirt, text(everyday). He stops by at my work for few minutes a few times.
    He comes up with a lot of excuses when i want to hang out but would hang out occasionally on a specific day he likes. He told me he's a loner and keeps everyone in a distance. He'd rather spend his days off with his kids or just alone, doing his own activities.

He told me he's attracted to me in a special way and call me a very special friend. I just don't get it.

Any opinion?

-babybees

Alezia
    All I can think of is when it quacks like a duck, then it's probably a duck.

misssmithviii
    Special friend? Eh, could mean different things for different men.

If he's the ultra sweet and honest personality I'd say that "special friend" meant he really cares for you and wants you to get the hint and perhaps reciprocate and let him know if you're into him.

If he's pretty 'average' in the sense that he's nice but not too sweet, then it could mean he's interested but not THAT interested - almost just keeping you along thinking you're 'extra special' so you keep holding on and perhaps even get horizontal >.< under the pretense of you being 'just that special'

Capricorn3
    Quote Originally Posted by babybees [Register to see the link]
    He comes up with a lot of excuses when i want to hang out but would hang out occasionally on a specific day he likes. He told me he's a loner and keeps everyone in a distance. He'd rather spend his days off with his kids or just alone, doing his own activities.
    I would take note of the above and take him for his word. He tells you one thing, but when he tells you the above, THAT is what you should focus on. I wouldn't invest too much time into this guy.

Top Threads
Red flag in friendship
I've been through a terrible first break up and was in a lot of pain. I was physically and mentally sick due to the stress of the break up but I'm
Should I be bothered by this?
Hello. So I have posted about my horrible break up with my ex P and now I come here as it has had a somewhat of a butterfly effect on my
Female friend is putting a douche-bag ahead of me.
I'll try to keep this short... We're both adults, I'm 25M and shes 24F, we consider each-other best-friends and this isn't a date proposal. About
Would it be a good idea to cut friends out of my life?
I just constantly feel like the beta. I'm not walking toe to toe with barely anyone in my life. I'm not in a spot where I want to present myself to
Roommate issues
There has been a lot of conflict between my roommate and I, she refuses to do anything and sits at home all day. I am a full time college student
Friend tried to do me over?
Myself and my friend booked ourselves onto this speed dating course which we had both paid for on HER card about a month ago. I had forgotten
Unwanted past friend reunion get together
Hi, Sorry, long post. I need some advice on how to handle a situation. Basically, an old friend from teenage years bumped into a relative of

Expert Advice
Featured Threads
Completely Confused? What does this mean?
Hi All- I was dating a guy for almost a year. We had a pretty great relationship- Things got serious. We told each other we loved each other. Even
Boyfriend told me he couldn't afford holiday, next day books one to Thailand
Basically my boyfriend of 6 months is $40k in debt (I'm debt-free). We had talked about going to Vietnam and he said he needed 6 months to save up
Not a regular here, I have a few questions...
I'll try to make this brief. Been in a relationship (23F) with a man (35) for 5 years. Typical in the beginning, though I always wondered how he
Weed or Me
Hi, I have been dating my boyfriend for a few months - he is 31 and I am 24. He has recently started smoking weed every night and I don't really
Is He Hiding from Me?
Hi All, Need some advice from those that are familiar with social media apps such as Instagram.. I'v been friends with this guy for about a
Red flag in friendship
I've been through a terrible first break up and was in a lot of pain. I was physically and mentally sick due to the stress of the break up but I'm
I broke hard NC after 7 months (B I G M I S T A K E)
No surprise, I'm absolutely devastated. She pretty much blew me off like I was a piece of trash. At first I was happy because she actually responded
Ask For Advice