Ask For Advice

Thread: What does it mean when a guy calls you a special friend?

babybees

What does it mean when a guy calls you a special friend?

We're not sleeping together. He knows I'm not into FWB. We talk, flirt, text(everyday). He stops by at my work for few minutes a few times.
    He comes up with a lot of excuses when i want to hang out but would hang out occasionally on a specific day he likes. He told me he's a loner and keeps everyone in a distance. He'd rather spend his days off with his kids or just alone, doing his own activities.

He told me he's attracted to me in a special way and call me a very special friend. I just don't get it.

Any opinion?

-babybees

Alezia
    All I can think of is when it quacks like a duck, then it's probably a duck.

misssmithviii
    Special friend? Eh, could mean different things for different men.

If he's the ultra sweet and honest personality I'd say that "special friend" meant he really cares for you and wants you to get the hint and perhaps reciprocate and let him know if you're into him.

If he's pretty 'average' in the sense that he's nice but not too sweet, then it could mean he's interested but not THAT interested - almost just keeping you along thinking you're 'extra special' so you keep holding on and perhaps even get horizontal >.< under the pretense of you being 'just that special'

Capricorn3
    Quote Originally Posted by babybees [Register to see the link]
    He comes up with a lot of excuses when i want to hang out but would hang out occasionally on a specific day he likes. He told me he's a loner and keeps everyone in a distance. He'd rather spend his days off with his kids or just alone, doing his own activities.
    I would take note of the above and take him for his word. He tells you one thing, but when he tells you the above, THAT is what you should focus on. I wouldn't invest too much time into this guy.

Top Threads
In need of help
I slept with my best friends ex about a month after they split, I'd always had a crush but I was drunk and it wasn't meant to happen. But then it
Misunderstanding and ostracisation
A close friend (Sam) told me when he started seeing his current girlfriend (Anne) that she and her ex (Max) had had a relationship wherein he had
Should I Bother?
So one of my former best friends is one of my ex's twin sisters. I have known them since they were about 14 or so and I'm about 4 years older
Do I have a right to be annoyed/frustrated?
Hello everyone, I will try to short this up as much as possible. I lived with a girl in college that I could easily call my best friend. We did
Just curious
Looking for some advice I moved to another city about 40 minutes from my hometown I stay in contact with my group of friends and best friend by
One-sided friendship?
I'm new here, but I really need help because I have no idea what to do about me and my best friend. We've known each other for a little over five
It feels like a one-sided friendship
[SIZE=4]I've written about this guy here before but briefly, he's a guy I met like almost 3 years ago. He was grieving the death of his only sister

Featured Threads
Parent and relationships problems
So clearly i need help sooo i will get right into the story.....sorry its so long I am a 25 year old male who is in a relationship with my 19
My boyfriend is trying to date other woman on online dating site.
I really need help. I am so confused. My boyfriend is on online dating site. He said he wants to date other women. We were on and off relationship
My wife left me without having even a talk
Hi everybody, I wonder if this is normal just to leave a marriage of 7 years without having a proper talk before moving on? It happened to me that
Confused about FWB
Last weekend my FWB and I made plans to meet up. He drove down from his place to go to a party with friends, afterwards he was coming to spend the
Everything is just JUMBLED
I have an extremely, EXTREMELY screwed up life. At least from my point of view it is. At least I think I'm the only one that knows my own
Getting over someone to be with them again later?
Long story short, my ex broke up with me after 4 years because he said he was immature and needed to grow up without me and part of that was meeting
Need Advice - it's urgent for me
Hello Everyone, I meesed up my life and I take full responsibilty. I ned advice and what to do to remedy the situation immediately and prevent it
Ask For Advice