Ask For Advice

Thread: What does it mean when a guy calls you a special friend?

babybees

What does it mean when a guy calls you a special friend?

We're not sleeping together. He knows I'm not into FWB. We talk, flirt, text(everyday). He stops by at my work for few minutes a few times.
    He comes up with a lot of excuses when i want to hang out but would hang out occasionally on a specific day he likes. He told me he's a loner and keeps everyone in a distance. He'd rather spend his days off with his kids or just alone, doing his own activities.

He told me he's attracted to me in a special way and call me a very special friend. I just don't get it.

Any opinion?

-babybees

Alezia
    All I can think of is when it quacks like a duck, then it's probably a duck.

misssmithviii
    Special friend? Eh, could mean different things for different men.

If he's the ultra sweet and honest personality I'd say that "special friend" meant he really cares for you and wants you to get the hint and perhaps reciprocate and let him know if you're into him.

If he's pretty 'average' in the sense that he's nice but not too sweet, then it could mean he's interested but not THAT interested - almost just keeping you along thinking you're 'extra special' so you keep holding on and perhaps even get horizontal >.< under the pretense of you being 'just that special'

Capricorn3
    Quote Originally Posted by babybees [Register to see the link]
    He comes up with a lot of excuses when i want to hang out but would hang out occasionally on a specific day he likes. He told me he's a loner and keeps everyone in a distance. He'd rather spend his days off with his kids or just alone, doing his own activities.
    I would take note of the above and take him for his word. He tells you one thing, but when he tells you the above, THAT is what you should focus on. I wouldn't invest too much time into this guy.

Top Threads
There is no winning here....
Hey guys, so i posted about my roommate a while back and I dont know if any of you remember, but if you forgot and/or are new to my issues, here is a
Needing a fresh new start!
So two days I got a phone call for a job interview out of state, and if I am offered a job, I'm taking the job and moving... here's what's the
How do I deal with this kind of person?
Sorry in advance for this being a long post. So i am a female and i am having some issues with this boy that i considered a friend. This boy is

Expert Advice
Featured Threads
My boyfriend doesn't text me as much anymore?
My boyfriend would text me everyday all day and now he won't text me first anymore or at all sometimes. Last night he stopped replying to my text so
Is she the rebound
If he leaves a 17 year relationship to date his High School Sweetheart from 32 years ago, is she a rebound ?
I want to break NC after almost 2 months to invite my ex gf to a concert
We have been in NC for almost 2 months after being together for 6 years. She stopped responding to a text i sent her. I saw she was interested in
Online dating, and why it doesn't work well for most men
We discussed this before, and for some reason people got personal and mean about it. So I have no intention of returning to this thread, but I wanted
PLEASE HELP, boyfriend talks to mom 4-5 times per day, very odd relationship....
Hi guys, Always been hesitant to post my personal business online. Anyways... here it goes... So my boyfriend is amazing...(just to throw this
Hurtful joking
My bf jokes about things that are very hurtful. Today was probably one of the most hurtful. He tried to grab my breasts and he does this a lot. He's
He dumped me and won't return my stuff
So I was seeing a guy for a short amount of time. Out of the blue....he blocked me? Fair enough, I get the message, I think it's rude but
Ask For Advice