Ask For Advice

Thread: What does it mean when a guy calls you a special friend?

babybees

What does it mean when a guy calls you a special friend?

We're not sleeping together. He knows I'm not into FWB. We talk, flirt, text(everyday). He stops by at my work for few minutes a few times.
    He comes up with a lot of excuses when i want to hang out but would hang out occasionally on a specific day he likes. He told me he's a loner and keeps everyone in a distance. He'd rather spend his days off with his kids or just alone, doing his own activities.

He told me he's attracted to me in a special way and call me a very special friend. I just don't get it.

Any opinion?

-babybees

Alezia
    All I can think of is when it quacks like a duck, then it's probably a duck.

misssmithviii
    Special friend? Eh, could mean different things for different men.

If he's the ultra sweet and honest personality I'd say that "special friend" meant he really cares for you and wants you to get the hint and perhaps reciprocate and let him know if you're into him.

If he's pretty 'average' in the sense that he's nice but not too sweet, then it could mean he's interested but not THAT interested - almost just keeping you along thinking you're 'extra special' so you keep holding on and perhaps even get horizontal >.< under the pretense of you being 'just that special'

Capricorn3
    Quote Originally Posted by babybees [Register to see the link]
    He comes up with a lot of excuses when i want to hang out but would hang out occasionally on a specific day he likes. He told me he's a loner and keeps everyone in a distance. He'd rather spend his days off with his kids or just alone, doing his own activities.
    I would take note of the above and take him for his word. He tells you one thing, but when he tells you the above, THAT is what you should focus on. I wouldn't invest too much time into this guy.

Top Threads
Parents Sabotaging Adult Daughter's Close Friendship
Hello everyone, I am a 28 year old woman, am an attorney, and am happily married. I have always been dedicated to social justice and youth justice
Just need to vent about my friends suicide....feeling anger and confusion
I posted earlier this month about my best friend of 38 years who took her own life. She wasn't responding to my texts so I requested a "well person
How do you break off a friendship?
I have this friend, who I've never felt close with, and I feel like she has reeled me into her life that I don't want to be apart of. We don't have
Friend won't give me space for studies (need advice pls)
I've been friends with him for 11 years and feel like he is my best friend but lately I feel like he won't give me enough space for my studies
My best friend will not come to my party because her ex will be there
Hello all, I am looking for a bit of advice here. I have probably less than a handful of people who I can actually call my friends. Despite this
Making out with a friend (He's a 21 M & I'm a 21 F) does it even mean anything?
So me and this guy and two other girls are good friends in nursing school. I started becoming friends with him this year and he's told my other
Which friend should I protect you could say. Need advice!
Here's a bit of back story. I have been friends with a girl we will call "J" since the third grade. We haven't always been close but always friends

Expert Advice
Featured Threads
Don Juan President
I'm the president of Don Juans. I know all the top moves to make with females and I've had sex so many times. If a man needs advice ask right here.
Talk Dirty to Me!
OMGosh this is rampant. I have been serial dating in hopes of finding a long term relationship. BTW, nn the past two weeks I have been doing really
Is it wrong that I don't drive my parent's car to drive myself places as of now?
I am 20 and I have my driver's license but I don't have my own car yet so I have to rely on my parents and the bus to get me places but my parents
Friendship changes, how to deal?
Hello All, My friend and I are close. We consider our friendship like a brother & sister type. Lately, I've been noticing he has been treating me
Online Dating Descripton Sets Off Red Flags For Me, But Maybe Not for Others?
I have someone who has been giving me attention with Online Dating (yes, I thought I'd give it a gentle go. Dip my toe in the water even though I was
Help
Hi, I'm 37 and I have been with my partner for about 5 years and we have been married just under a year. About 5 months ago my now wife had an
Did you ever get over your first love? Post your stories!
Hello, I've been feeling kind of down lately because I always hear people saying that you never get over your first love, or you'll always compare
Ask For Advice