Ask For Advice

Thread: how can you tell the difference between a "friendly" hug or a "intimate" hug?

luvsomeone333

how can you tell the difference between a "friendly" hug or a "intimate" hug?

just curious.. i hugged this guy today and i had a great day with him and all...
    but i couldnt if that hug meant a "lovers" hug or friendly hug...

i really hope its not a lover hug cause im not ready to go into a relationship as yet... =/...i dont want to exactly date the guy either...

can you help me tell the difference between it all...?

the hug that i had was kind of long ...like more than 3 seconds....

should i be looking into that?

although i did notice through out the day that he was leaning againts me alot...find ways to touch me ( not sexually or anything) just a touch of the hand...or when we were sitting he was very close to me...am i looking over this??????

Snowy
    Platinum Member
    A friendly hug can easily be 3 seconds.

If it's more than 10 seconds, then I'd say it's more than a friends' hug.

Otherwise, you can't really tell the difference except maybe lovers' hugs could be tighter.

NANsense
    IMO This really does depend on the person and their personal habits (varies widely)....but I do have different hugs that I give my male friends vs men I'm interested in--a friend hug isn't tight (ie: your shoulder area might connect--but not upper torso)....it sounds to me that he was flirting throughout the day....sounds like he's interested in more than friendship...

Top Threads
Friend's boyfriend wants to be part of a "swingers" group
You can see my original thread here: [url]https://www.enotalone.com/forum/showthread.php?t=532663[/url] As an update, he IS part of swinger
Working on my insecurity; she's not always helping; please comment
Background: I'm divorcing, she's almost divorced, we've been exclusive for 5 months and living together for 1 month. (Don't particularly need
NOO!! I broke NC after 2 DAYS!!! HELP
Aw folks what do I do!!!! I caved in and bloody text her, I just felt that If she never knew I still loved her and that i wasnt moving on she
My boyfriend called me by his exes name. What should I do?
[B]tl;dr Me and my boyfriend were having a lovely weekend together and he called me by his exes name. I'm so hurt and can't get past it when I think
Was I that blind?
Hi All, 6 months ago I (25 y.o.) started dating a guy. (29 y.o.) We fell in love pretty fast. He was telling everyone he wants to marry me, was
Bf calling this girl "babe"
Hi all, It is me again with my insecurities. I went through my bf's phone to see his relationship with a newly divorced friend of his that he went
Advice: on telling people about my age gap relationship
Hey all, I am 20 years old and I have been dating a guy 27 years older then me for about a year now. We have told several close friends each
Featured Threads
Completely Confused? What does this mean?
Hi All- I was dating a guy for almost a year. We had a pretty great relationship- Things got serious. We told each other we loved each other. Even
Boyfriend told me he couldn't afford holiday, next day books one to Thailand
Basically my boyfriend of 6 months is $40k in debt (I'm debt-free). We had talked about going to Vietnam and he said he needed 6 months to save up
Not a regular here, I have a few questions...
I'll try to make this brief. Been in a relationship (23F) with a man (35) for 5 years. Typical in the beginning, though I always wondered how he
Weed or Me
Hi, I have been dating my boyfriend for a few months - he is 31 and I am 24. He has recently started smoking weed every night and I don't really
Is He Hiding from Me?
Hi All, Need some advice from those that are familiar with social media apps such as Instagram.. I'v been friends with this guy for about a
Red flag in friendship
I've been through a terrible first break up and was in a lot of pain. I was physically and mentally sick due to the stress of the break up but I'm
I broke hard NC after 7 months (B I G M I S T A K E)
No surprise, I'm absolutely devastated. She pretty much blew me off like I was a piece of trash. At first I was happy because she actually responded
Ask For Advice