Ask For Advice

Thread: how can you tell the difference between a "friendly" hug or a "intimate" hug?

luvsomeone333

how can you tell the difference between a "friendly" hug or a "intimate" hug?

just curious.. i hugged this guy today and i had a great day with him and all...
    but i couldnt if that hug meant a "lovers" hug or friendly hug...

i really hope its not a lover hug cause im not ready to go into a relationship as yet... =/...i dont want to exactly date the guy either...

can you help me tell the difference between it all...?

the hug that i had was kind of long ...like more than 3 seconds....

should i be looking into that?

although i did notice through out the day that he was leaning againts me alot...find ways to touch me ( not sexually or anything) just a touch of the hand...or when we were sitting he was very close to me...am i looking over this??????

Snowy
    Platinum Member
    A friendly hug can easily be 3 seconds.

If it's more than 10 seconds, then I'd say it's more than a friends' hug.

Otherwise, you can't really tell the difference except maybe lovers' hugs could be tighter.

NANsense
    IMO This really does depend on the person and their personal habits (varies widely)....but I do have different hugs that I give my male friends vs men I'm interested in--a friend hug isn't tight (ie: your shoulder area might connect--but not upper torso)....it sounds to me that he was flirting throughout the day....sounds like he's interested in more than friendship...

Top Threads
Girlfriend flies off the handle for asking for me asking to discuss an issue
Girlfriend says she is going to watch a movie then go to dinner with her family, which I'm cool with. Fast forward a little later into the night she
I think he's considering a break up... I want to turn things around
Hi guys, My boyfriend and I have been dating for a few years. I've always struggled with the issue of being supportive of him. I think he's
Wondering?
Ok, I posted before about my situation but I would like to further talk. This woman I became involved with 3 years ago TOLD me she had feelings for
Can My BF possibly have a double life?
So my boyfriend has never given his second mobile number which is of a smartphone (I am aware that he has it! and has used it around me, so its not a
My boyfriend "punishes" me and treats me like a child
My boyfriend treats me like a child Today he got mad at me because I made him wait for nothing. We were at college and we had class at the same
Dating a married girl, need help
Hi, so in July I was at a party and got to know a girl. At the time I was just picking up girls every week without the intention of going steady
Do you keep pictures with exs?
Do you keep pictures of or with exs from your previous relationships? How do you feel if your significant has pictures with exs from previous
Featured Threads
Tired of Being His Provider??
Okay so I found this site through Google. This seems like a pretty common topic and I suppose I just need to vent. My husband has been unemployed
Beautiful women who works at lush...
So there is this a girl who works at this place. I've been in there twice now and she is a stunner. Its one of those girls who you have to look twice
Being left for another man by my ex girlfriend
My and my ex gf broke up 7 months ago back in late April. We had bad fights and she stated she was unhappy. She then proceeded to have an active
Wondering?
Ok, I posted before about my situation but I would like to further talk. This woman I became involved with 3 years ago TOLD me she had feelings for
Break up Advice Needed
Hi all, I really need some advice on my recent break up with my girlfriend of almost five years. A few months ago I started to feel unhappy and
She's getting ready for marriage. She thinks that it is what I want. My fault.
So, I am pretty much in a difficult situation. I have been with a girl for the past 4 years. In these 4 years, after a while I realized she really
Venting - Advice...?
Hello, Im a 36 year old male, married with 3 kids. My wife and I are pretty much like roommates. There is zero sex life and its from both ends
Ask For Advice