Ask For Advice

Thread: how can you tell the difference between a "friendly" hug or a "intimate" hug?

luvsomeone333

how can you tell the difference between a "friendly" hug or a "intimate" hug?

just curious.. i hugged this guy today and i had a great day with him and all...
    but i couldnt if that hug meant a "lovers" hug or friendly hug...

i really hope its not a lover hug cause im not ready to go into a relationship as yet... =/...i dont want to exactly date the guy either...

can you help me tell the difference between it all...?

the hug that i had was kind of long ...like more than 3 seconds....

should i be looking into that?

although i did notice through out the day that he was leaning againts me alot...find ways to touch me ( not sexually or anything) just a touch of the hand...or when we were sitting he was very close to me...am i looking over this??????

Snowy
    Platinum Member
    A friendly hug can easily be 3 seconds.

If it's more than 10 seconds, then I'd say it's more than a friends' hug.

Otherwise, you can't really tell the difference except maybe lovers' hugs could be tighter.

NANsense
    IMO This really does depend on the person and their personal habits (varies widely)....but I do have different hugs that I give my male friends vs men I'm interested in--a friend hug isn't tight (ie: your shoulder area might connect--but not upper torso)....it sounds to me that he was flirting throughout the day....sounds like he's interested in more than friendship...

Top Threads
Bumped into my ex, says she wants me back.????
Right, bumped into my ex last night, walking through the city park... Got chatting, very nice calm surroundings.. Trees, grass, sunshine, I
Gf slept with someone else before we are official.
[COLOR=#000000][FONT=&]Have been with my gf for 4 months and there have been ups and downs which I have worked through - but I guess im secretly
My boyfriend never confirms plans until the very last minute! How do i fix this?
Hi all, What are your thoughts on last minute date planners? Do you find this rude? Selfish? I have been with my boyfriend for a year or so and
Bf Conversation
Bf told me that our relationship it is only for fun, because I live too far. And that it will take time for me to relocate, and that he is not
Need advice
So I was in a 3 and a half years relationship about 2 years ago and I feel like since then I got lost in "the game". I feel as if I can't keep girls
Confused -any advice appreciated!
I'd appreciate any advice! I have been with my boyfriend for almost 3 years. When we first met he was exactly what I wanted in a partner; he was
Perpetually sad SO, advice?
Does anyone have any advice for dealing with a partner who can't/won't talk about their emotional needs/wants? First some background on them
Featured Threads
Parent and relationships problems
So clearly i need help sooo i will get right into the story.....sorry its so long I am a 25 year old male who is in a relationship with my 19
My boyfriend is trying to date other woman on online dating site.
I really need help. I am so confused. My boyfriend is on online dating site. He said he wants to date other women. We were on and off relationship
My wife left me without having even a talk
Hi everybody, I wonder if this is normal just to leave a marriage of 7 years without having a proper talk before moving on? It happened to me that
Confused about FWB
Last weekend my FWB and I made plans to meet up. He drove down from his place to go to a party with friends, afterwards he was coming to spend the
Everything is just JUMBLED
I have an extremely, EXTREMELY screwed up life. At least from my point of view it is. At least I think I'm the only one that knows my own
Getting over someone to be with them again later?
Long story short, my ex broke up with me after 4 years because he said he was immature and needed to grow up without me and part of that was meeting
Need Advice - it's urgent for me
Hello Everyone, I meesed up my life and I take full responsibilty. I ned advice and what to do to remedy the situation immediately and prevent it
Ask For Advice