Thread: how can you tell the difference between a "friendly" hug or a "intimate" hug?

how can you tell the difference between a "friendly" hug or a "intimate" hug?

just curious.. i hugged this guy today and i had a great day with him and all...
    but i couldnt if that hug meant a "lovers" hug or friendly hug...

i really hope its not a lover hug cause im not ready to go into a relationship as yet... =/...i dont want to exactly date the guy either...

can you help me tell the difference between it all...?

the hug that i had was kind of long more than 3 seconds....

should i be looking into that?

although i did notice through out the day that he was leaning againts me alot...find ways to touch me ( not sexually or anything) just a touch of the hand...or when we were sitting he was very close to i looking over this??????

Platinum Member
    A friendly hug can easily be 3 seconds.

If it's more than 10 seconds, then I'd say it's more than a friends' hug.

Otherwise, you can't really tell the difference except maybe lovers' hugs could be tighter.

IMO This really does depend on the person and their personal habits (varies widely)....but I do have different hugs that I give my male friends vs men I'm interested in--a friend hug isn't tight (ie: your shoulder area might connect--but not upper torso) sounds to me that he was flirting throughout the day....sounds like he's interested in more than friendship...
    The ultimate authority must always rest with the individual's own reason and critical analysis.
    Dalai Lama

Top Threads
Opinions on an article - "Break up with him already"
I found an article that I generally agree with and seems to reflect my current relationship situation, namely points 6, 7, 8 and partially 4 and 5
Wedding ring
Hi guys my husband has gone on a work trip abroad this weekend, I was invited too but couldn't go. It's very much a party city! Pictures of him
Girlfriend's panic attacks are driving *me* crazy
I recently (like, a two weeks ago) moved in with my girlfriend of 2 years. On the whole, it has been great. But. She has always suffered from anxiety
Please help me modify my "talk"
I have moved on from everything that has happened before and I REALLY want our relationship to work. So, here is a short synopsis: Started seeing
Marriage advice
I need advice. Words of wisdom. A smack on the head. Lol I'm in a wonderful relationship with my boyfriend of 2 years. We dated 8 months and then
Featured Threads
It shouldn't be this hard....
So I've been in a relationship with this girl for 2 years as of the 28th of October. I took things way too fast and she moved in fairly quick. It
Why do I keep meeting women who don't put much effort or initiative in dating?
I'm not sure if it's the area I live in, the sign of the times, or what, but I keep meeting women who don't put much effort or initiative when dating
Being smart or materialistic?
I don't know if I what I'm feeling could be considered of those of a 'gold digger' or materialistic. I acknowledge the fact that It may seem like it
falsely accused of having offensive odor
Hi all, I am feeling very humiliated. There was someone at work who went to complain directly to the director of the company that I had a
The complications of an attempted three-way
The last few days have been a jumble of hurt feelings, disappointment and guilt. I'm not sure there's any advice than can magically make this make