Ask For Advice

Thread: how can you tell the difference between a "friendly" hug or a "intimate" hug?

luvsomeone333

how can you tell the difference between a "friendly" hug or a "intimate" hug?

just curious.. i hugged this guy today and i had a great day with him and all...
    but i couldnt if that hug meant a "lovers" hug or friendly hug...

i really hope its not a lover hug cause im not ready to go into a relationship as yet... =/...i dont want to exactly date the guy either...

can you help me tell the difference between it all...?

the hug that i had was kind of long ...like more than 3 seconds....

should i be looking into that?

although i did notice through out the day that he was leaning againts me alot...find ways to touch me ( not sexually or anything) just a touch of the hand...or when we were sitting he was very close to me...am i looking over this??????

Snowy
    Platinum Member
    A friendly hug can easily be 3 seconds.

If it's more than 10 seconds, then I'd say it's more than a friends' hug.

Otherwise, you can't really tell the difference except maybe lovers' hugs could be tighter.

NANsense
    IMO This really does depend on the person and their personal habits (varies widely)....but I do have different hugs that I give my male friends vs men I'm interested in--a friend hug isn't tight (ie: your shoulder area might connect--but not upper torso)....it sounds to me that he was flirting throughout the day....sounds like he's interested in more than friendship...

Ask For Advice