How do i get him to forgive me/what do i do?

jesss

I cheated on my boyfriend of 2 years (kissed another guy) on a drunken night out after a fight, i know its not excuse but... He found out and now he wont speak to me. He is angry at me i know but i dont know what to do to make it better he still loves me but is obviously hurt. Please help, will he forgive me?

You can't 'make' him forgive you - the only thing you can do at this point is give him some room and let him process this in his own way. It hurts, believe me, to have someone you care about betray you. He has to work through it on his own. Just give him time and space for now. Good luck.

i know i should give him space and dont call etc, but hes the kind of person that sais things he doesnt mean and actually wants the attention. its extremely immature but i suppose everyone would feel the same way. yeah hes angry i didnt tell him but since i have admitted i am wrong, appologised and explained it was a stupid mistake and i love him too much to throw things away. i feel like i need to do something to show him how much i care, and pluss to make things worse its his birthday next week

Well, I agree with LarsWB, you can't get him to forgive you. He has to decide that. Now, some space will likely be necessary so he can come to terms with it. It's good that you've apologized and admitted fault. Try putting yourself in his shoes, I suppose, and think how you might feel if he was kissing another girl. He's probably feeling betrayed and that may be difficult to overcome. Make sure that when you apologized and admitted fault that you didn't use any excuses. Being drunk is not an excuse. Perhaps try writing him a letter explaining that you know you did something wrong and you want to make it right whatever it might take. You said it was after a fight you two had that you got drunk and kissed another guy. Well, maybe you need to address why you had that fight and what possessed you to respond in that manner. You're only human, so mistakes are inevitable. You just have to show that you can learn from them and try not to repeat them. As for it being his birthday, you could always do something extra special for him, of course. Don't try to buy his forgiveness though.

Archived