Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mother and Daughter Sharing a Room.

Smudude1

Mother and Daughter Sharing a Room.

I would like to know what you think about a Mother and a 13 Year daughter sharing a room. Mother sleeps in the bed and daughter sleeps on a mattress on the floor. This has been going on for years. Daughter has never had her own room.

What are your thoughts?

avman
    Is it a case where the family simply cannot afford a separate bedroom for the daughter?

Fudgie
    Question is why?

If it's because it's a small house and that's really the only sleep arrangement available, then okay. sometimes stuff like that happens and you just have to deal.

However, if it's because they CAN'T sleep apart for whatever reason (maybe the daughter gets emotional?) then it's reason to worry.

rocio

I've seen families of 7 or more sleep in the same room in some countries. Obviously it depends on the situation.

Smudude1
    They live with my Ex-wife's Mother.

Victoria66
    Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    If they can not afford another room, then this happens.

imoutfront
    Bronze Member
    Please explain further: Is it because there are no other rooms? Or are there other rooms available, but they choose the sleeping arrangement still? If that's the case, is the daughter somehow mentally/developmentally delayed, and requires more attention?

There are a lot of variables to look at.

Batya33
    Platinum Member
    I agree with those who say you need to know more. I don't think there's anything wrong with it if they sleep in separate beds. I might have some concerns if it was the same bed.

FathomFear
    Quote Originally Posted by Smudude1 [Register to see the link]
    They live with my Ex-wife's Mother.
    Hard to give thoughts without more information. Is this due to financial necessity? Is it related to the number of rooms available where they are staying?

prettymommy
    I encounter this situation every other weekend when my son is over at baby daddy's; they sleep in the same room (though in separate beds). It's for financial reasons; baby daddy doesn't make the income to afford a two-bedroom home.

Is it ideal? No. But is it worth removing the child out of the home of a parent? Absolutely not. As the saying goes... "crap happens." As long as the mother is caring for the child and it is a loving environment, then it shouldn't matter.... Removing the child from a loving parent is far, far, far more damaging than any potential emotional damage that could occur by sharing the same sleeping space as a parent...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Top Threads
Just venting about not being left alone
I am just trying to get this out of my system as I feel really frustrated about having no control over my life. I would like some advice if there is
Can't forgive my mother?
I have memories dating back to as young as 7 of my mum bullying me for being slightly overweight, she would call me fat, say I ate too much and say I
Parent dislikes boyfriend?
Recently my mother has been mean to me about my boyfriend. She liked my ex's and always compares them to my current boyfriend. Recently she never
My anxiety suffering mother lives me now. Suggestions on keeping my sanity.
I'm an only child. My mother is aging quickly and is unable to take care of herself in many ways. The timing is not good. It's all very difficult
am I being irrational?
I am very close to my siblings. A few months ago, I met this guy while visiting my brother in another country. He was not acquainted with my brother
Worried About Mom
Yesterday my youngest brother and his wife had a birthday party for their daughter. She's one. I went up there for it and everything was fine. I have

Expert Advice
Featured Threads
Don Juan President
I'm the president of Don Juans. I know all the top moves to make with females and I've had sex so many times. If a man needs advice ask right here.
Talk Dirty to Me!
OMGosh this is rampant. I have been serial dating in hopes of finding a long term relationship. BTW, nn the past two weeks I have been doing really
Is it wrong that I don't drive my parent's car to drive myself places as of now?
I am 20 and I have my driver's license but I don't have my own car yet so I have to rely on my parents and the bus to get me places but my parents
Friendship changes, how to deal?
Hello All, My friend and I are close. We consider our friendship like a brother & sister type. Lately, I've been noticing he has been treating me
Online Dating Descripton Sets Off Red Flags For Me, But Maybe Not for Others?
I have someone who has been giving me attention with Online Dating (yes, I thought I'd give it a gentle go. Dip my toe in the water even though I was
Help
Hi, I'm 37 and I have been with my partner for about 5 years and we have been married just under a year. About 5 months ago my now wife had an
Did you ever get over your first love? Post your stories!
Hello, I've been feeling kind of down lately because I always hear people saying that you never get over your first love, or you'll always compare
Ask For Advice