Signs a guy wants more than fwb?

lindyl

If you are looking for "signs" of him wanting you more, get out of the FWB arrangement because you are looking for/wanting more. Either have a conversation and be honest with him that you have feelings and live with the consequences of 1) he doesn't want the same thing and being willing to leave if he doesn't 2) him wanting a relationship with you 3) him not wanting one but using the idea that you like him to his advantage. FWB doesn't work if one person has feelings

Friends with benefits is an "arrangement" I usually advice people against engaging in. It may seem harmless fun but sex is still sex and it carries all the risks as it would within a relationship with the added problem that one's "pillow friend" might be warming the sheets of more than one free spirit which brings STDs into the equation.

Generally, however, if two people are sexually active together, they will form some manner of a bond. If the guy in question asks for a date with no sexual motive, it's a sign he could be taking a shining to you, if indeed you are in this situation.

1)He cares about your life in general. It's common for anyone to ask normal, daily life stuff, but if you ever get the feeling that he is asking a lot about you or even more so cares about the information you tell him, that is a sign.

2)He does not like it when you talk about other guys, dating or such.

3)He tries to encourage you not to date, see other guys or such.....''you should really stay home and paint this weekend''.

4)does he want to do relationshipy things, like going out on a date to dinner and a movie. While even FWB do need to eat, and going to eat is normal, watch for going to more 'sit down' places to eat.

5)Does he show a lot of respect for you..opening doors, holding things. While he might be just a nice good guy...it could be more.

These are some of the things he now does that he never used to,

Instead of calling/texting late at night asking what I'm up to he calls other times just to say hello, see how I am etc

We talk more, he listens to my grumbles and tells me more about what he's been doing

He offered to take me shopping when my car was broke, he did this in person, then sent text a couple of days later reminding me if I needed a lift just to ask

He remembers stuff I've told him weeks before

He's quite happy to sit for hours watching tv/dvd's with me, still usually followed by sex

He asked in a roundabout kind of way if I ever had any other male 'visitors' when I said I did not his reply was, 'that's a bit of a relief to hear that'?

I know he's not seeing anyone else, wasn't sure at first if I'm honest!

So its really a lot of little things he's now saying/doing that have me wondering, while I'm not against the idea its not something I'd considered before and I really just wanted some feedback before I say anything to him.

I would just seriously talk to this guy about it so there are no mixed signals.

BTW, if you are sitting and holding each other while watching movies and are sharing your feelings with him, you are doing more than FWB - you said you have not considered "more" but you are already giving him more. So get straight with yourself on what you want and if you don't want "more" - stop "hanging out", stop confiding in him, etc., and keep it to sexual encounters only. If you don't want more, you will have to be willing to break if off if he doesn't agree to keep it just sex. if you want more, then be honest and go for it.

Archived