Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Guys - What do you think of a girl who has no friends?

Guys - What do you think of a girl who has no friends?

Would you date her? Let's say her only 'friends' are the ones she recently met, and she has no old friends. Is that weird? What if she was really attractive and talented, but a loner? Would that refrain you from dating or being interested in her?? How do you feel basically lol

I'd also like to know how guys feel about this! Good thread topic.

This is a tough topic to give an exact answer for lol.

For me personally, I would like my girlfriend to have a few good friends. So she can have "girl time", ladies nights out etc. If she has zero friends then to me it would seem is going to be very dependent of the relationship and may become clingy.

On the other hand, if she has a lot of friends it will neglect from the relationship possibly. Some nights when you want one on one nights, she will be hanging with friends instead of spending quality time.

To me, if I like the girl, it doesn't matter the # friends she has. I enjoy spending more time with her anyways then my friends

Its not unusual for attractive women to be loners...its a power many can't handle...I'd be on guard for lots of needless drama and odd communication patterns.

Platinum Member
    Hi,

I there is huge potential for this to be a red flag. Though there could be good reasons, like she moved away and drifted from old friends. the fact that she has some friends (regardless of how "new" they are) is a good thing, that means that she wants others in her life.

From a girls POV, I have dated two guys who had no friends, and they turned out to have emotional issues and I ended up leaving them.

Someone who has no friends may have a hard time building and sustaining healthy relationships. They mayalso be really selfish. Both my loner exes were selfish, and didn't really like people. They were also clingy, as I was their only form of entertainment and only confidant.

It's best to bring up the subject with her to find out why she has no friends. If it is because she is super shy, then I think that is a more acceptable reason, especially if she really wants to make friends but has trouble. However, if she just doesn't want to make friends, then that sounds like trouble.

I know I'm not a guy, but I'd like to weigh in here. I would consider lack of long term friendships a huge red flag.

My ex, who was exceedingly charming and kind in the beginning of the relationship had no long term close friendships and he wasn't close to his family. I thought that this was odd, but he was so charming that he had loads of aquantances that seemed to adore him.

Three months into the relationship I found out the hard way why he was incapable of sustaining long term friendships. As soon as he figured that he had me in the bag, he showed his true colors. Extremely verbally abusive, physically once, super critical, and finally cheated on me (thankfully! It made us break up)

Single most damaging relationship I've ever been in. He has no long term friendships because he can't hide his true self for very long and repelled people. I feel bad for him.

Current boyfriend not nearly as charismatic, but very close to his family and truly loved by his long term friends. Even his exes, which while sometime annoying, I think it's a sign that he's honesty a good person.

Our relationship is night and day compared to the one with the ex.
    Last edited by Mauxly; 04-03-2011 at 07:26 PM.

Silver Member
    Originally Posted by plop
    Would you date her? Let's say her only 'friends' are the ones she recently met, and she has no old friends. Is that weird? What if she was really attractive and talented, but a loner? Would that refrain you from dating or being interested in her?? How do you feel basically lol
    I'd be totally fine with that

Here is when it's problematic:

Sometimes a girl with no friends feels like her entire social life should revolve around you as the BF. I have friends. I have time that I need to allocate for several different groups of people. My girlfriend is a part of my social life, but she is not ALL of it. So, if she expects to spend 5 hrs a day communicating or hanging out with me, or if she feels that every time I have free time to spend with friends should be devoted to her instead of split up then I am not interested in dating her. Asking someone to be your entire social life and putting a big time burden on them that an active person would divide between her bf and her friends is tough to deal with.

Now, if she just prefers to have time alone and doesn't ask more of me than a girl with friends would ask -- I'm cool. But from what I have observed, this is not always the case.

Would you think that if she as a loner, it means she's independent? I see it being the opposite of clingy - she doesn't NEED a man, but if she had one, she won't be all dramatic and needy if she were alone. I find that most girls with a large group of so called 'girlfriends' always feel the need to be around SOMEBODY, and always DO something socially on a saturday night.
    Okay, so surprise surprise, I am pretty a loner, but I consider myself pretty independent because I am able to keep myself entertained. People say I'm very talented in many things and to be honest, I think some may even view me as arrogant, which isn't the case. Anyway, that's a different story.

Its not unusual for attractive women to be loners...its a power many can't handle...I'd be on guard for lots of needless drama and odd communication patterns.
    Also, why is this?? I've heard this a few times.... why are attractive women loners?? :S

I agree, plop.

Right now, I currently have no close friends. The reason why is because the one friend I had was jealous of me, and resented me because her mother told me that I was 'pretty' and her uncle did too. She also did not want me to be around any guy that she dated or even liked. She was also very mean towards me because of this too

I used to have a close circle of friends but they seemed to always talk about me behind my back, and do mean viscuous things to me. I can't help that I didn't luck out and be blessed with a decent group of girlfriends...life isn't fair. For the most part I am a bit of a loner with a casual acquaintance here and there. I hope a guy won't pass me up because of this. I feel that my reasons for not having any friends are not my fault really

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice