Ask For Advice

Thread: Is it normal to still feel a bit lost at 27?

locolady
    Bronze Member

Is it normal to still feel a bit lost at 27?

I turn 27 tomorrow. I still long for answers, for peace, for companionship, true love, inspiration.

Is it normal to still feel like you're a bit lost, searching for something more, or should I have grown into my skin by now and feel a bit more secure that i'm doing ok?

I still don't know how life's going to pan out, if i'm making the right choices, if I'm doing the best I can...I thought i'd be more of an adult by now! Am I weird to feel this way?

catfeeder
    Nah, you're not weird. The job of 'finding ourselves' is an ongoing process. The more complex a personality you are, the more layers you'll find to this. I believe most people go through cycles where they feel relatively secure at certain stages, but given that life is dynamic, things shift--including goals and ideals.

I wouldn't be fooled by the appearances of others. Everyone shows their best face, so it makes no sense to compare yourself with anyone else. As long as you focus on taking your own next steps and you keep your eyes on your own paper, you'll find satisfaction every time you're doing one small thing better than you did it the day before. A focus on getting 'somewhere' can ruin your enjoyment of the whole process along the way. Break everything down to manageable goals, then focus on every small step you take toward meeting those. The rest will take care of itself and fall into place at some point.

Head high.

*N*
    At about age 25, I started feeling how you describe...and at 29 I still feel lost, perhaps more than ever! I don't know if that's normal, but that's my experience.

90_hour_sleep
    Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by locolady [Register to see the link]
    I turn 27 tomorrow. I still long for answers, for peace, for companionship, true love, inspiration.

Is it normal to still feel like you're a bit lost, searching for something more, or should I have grown into my skin by now and feel a bit more secure that i'm doing ok?

I still don't know how life's going to pan out, if i'm making the right choices, if I'm doing the best I can...I thought i'd be more of an adult by now! Am I weird to feel this way?
    not sure anyone ever knows those things. life seems to be all about uncertainty. and as catfeeder said...when it becomes about the destination...about where i should be...as opposed to where i am, life's situations can tend to feel pretty overwhelming.

a subtle shift in how you think about your world...sometimes that's all it really takes. instead of a focus on the lacking...or the wanting...a small shift towards appreciation...and gratitude for the things that are a part of your life. gratitude is often the most undervalued human expression. it adds tremendous value and purpose to all endeavours. and...the beauty of gratitude is this: there is nothing too small to be grateful for. so...it's often a great place to start. does that make any sense?

i love your signature by the way. it's perfect.

and...catfeeder...also love your siggy. a well-kept secret indeed.

Lil'Miss
    at 33 i'm still figuring it out too...I feel rushed by my friends and how far they've come and my family cuz they want me to have to same things they have...but i've always danced to beat of my own drum...so i'm beginning to realize that it's okay, IT"S ALL OKAY...you do you....that's the best service you can give to others and yourself.

I keep reminding myself the human race is not a RACE...we got time, the past is gone, the future does not exist, today is what we have right now...and it's only about 9am here! =D

enjoy your day and keep posting if need some support!

all my love an light to you and yours!

=D

A Confused Penny
    I'm 27 and I feel the same way... lost and longing for the same things. Lately I have this on my mind everyday wondering and hoping that everything in life will just fall into place. So far that hasn't happened. So no, you're not weird, when I was younger I thought I'd have it all figured out by now and I don't either.

Top Threads
Ugly pictures
We had a professional photographer come in at work. I used the photo and put it on my dating profile. But when my Roomie saw it,she said take it
Feeling really down - suicide and self harm
It's been a while since I posted on her, so here it goes. I've been feeling really down lately, I've been frequently self harming and been having
Am I getting played
Not sure if anyone reading has seen my othere post in the other threads. Ive seen to gotten mixed up with the wrong female and things just are not
Probably saying goodbye to the life I live right now
Hi everyone, I want to share some things that I have been dealing with. For the past 2 years I have been living away from my home town pursuing a
HELP PLZ! Idk how to handle all this. Reply plz
My exs new bf is constantly harrasing me and friends, mocking me and stuff. My ex is doing the same but not directly at me. Spreading lies about me
In some need of someone to figure out why I'm feeling like this
I'm terrible at expressing what I feel. The only thing I'm not afraid to show is anger. I hate crying in front of anyone or feeling like I'm a burden
A tip for all those that are heartbroken....
Don't listen to that Adele song "Hello!" I was doing good today until I heard that damn song! Damn you Adele! I had tears streaming down my face

online counseling
Featured Threads
Ugly pictures
We had a professional photographer come in at work. I used the photo and put it on my dating profile. But when my Roomie saw it,she said take it
Not being "too" available.
I posted a few days ago about the younger guy I've been dating for 6 months and how he doesn't want to use BG/GF labels. I got some great feedback
I am having difficulty accepting my boyfriends bisexuality for no reason
So here goes; the main reason why I got this account here is probably because I am so ashamed of myself and that because I am surrounded by either
relationship advice
hi... I'll start by saying i'm a guy, i just really needed a woman's point of view for this, so i hope you can help me! My mom is paying for my
Seeing ex tomorrow..so confused. Need advice!
Hi everyone. I'm really confused with my ex. Dated two years; he was very hurt by the breakup. He hasn't dated many people, and I was his first
Needing advice and/or support with ex girlfriend
Ok. Long story short... I ended up in a serious relationship with my best friend of 7 years. The last 3 years of which we were in a serious
I really need some advice and a outside opinion
I really don't know what to do ... My girlfriend and I have been dating for about a year now she is no longer attracted to me but tells me she loves
Ask For Advice