Ask For Advice

Thread: Is it worth it to fight for love?

ferngully

Is it worth it to fight for love?

What do you guys think? Is it worth it to try to make something amazing work, even if the timing sucks or the situation is hard? Or should real love fall into place with your life plans?

Hanyou
    Bronze Member
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do.
    - Mark Twain
    I believe that. Even if it hurts, at least I know I can feel something, rather than be an empty shell.

dramallama
    Every situation is different, but generally, if your love interest wants to make it work as much as you do, then you have a chance.

Lonewing
    Platinum Member
    It's worth fighting only if your partner is willing to fight too. If they aren't willing to even try, there's nothign you can fight for except your own eventual defeat.

But if you believe in them, and believe in you, you CAN make things work out.

CorpseGrinder
    I feel that if you have to fight for someone to love you, then that person is not worth it.

charity
    agree. i would fight for love if it involved life circumstances, bad timing or other people etc. but if my partner has made a decision to not be with me anymore due to all these things then i wouldn't fight for it because i would respect their decision because that would be like trying to control their wants and needs and actions. i can only control my own, not another persons.

isitme

I would if both of us feel strongly about it. One sided is not worth it.

Batya33
    Platinum Member
    It's too broad a question- it depends what the fight is about. I wouldn't prioritize feelings of love over trying to get involved with someone married for example or someone who didn't want my major life goals (marriage and family). On the other hand my husband and I had obstacles to overcome in order to be together -geography/relocation/a past breakup. That "fight" was more than worth it!

Top Threads
Question
I'm in a LTR and we love each other very much, I'm more physical I like to hug and kiss and be more touchy feely than she does. She says she is not

Featured Threads
Who is in the wrong?
This person isn't really a "friend" she is 24+ years older than me. I have a feeling I'm getting taken advantage of because of my age. I started
I became engaged with a girl who calls herself a "free spirit"......need clarity
I met a wonderful and bright girl 3.5 years ago and she by far stole my heart. She is appositely beautiful, funny, intelligent and outgoing. She is
Has anyone ever totally given up on finding love?
Hello everyone! Well I been wanting to post this for a few weeks now. I don't really know how to say it or word it. But, who here has or knows
Today "should" have been our 6 year anniversary
Today was suppose to be our 6th year together. Today is the first time on this date that we are not together. We made this date a big deal
Shoud I break up because my girlfriend hooked up with my cousin in t
I'm jealous because my girlfriend had casual sex with my cousin before she met me. We've been dating for a year, she's very funny, caring, sexy
I'm in love with my co-worker 😥
My coworker and I started working together about 10 months ago. We work closely together all day just the two of us mainly. From the day he started
Aggressive Courting
There's this girl I really, really like, and would really want to be in a relationship with. Unfortunately, recently I messed up, and now I think she
Ask For Advice