Ask For Advice

Thread: Is it worth it to fight for love?

ferngully

Is it worth it to fight for love?

What do you guys think? Is it worth it to try to make something amazing work, even if the timing sucks or the situation is hard? Or should real love fall into place with your life plans?

Hanyou
    Bronze Member
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do.
    - Mark Twain
    I believe that. Even if it hurts, at least I know I can feel something, rather than be an empty shell.

dramallama
    Every situation is different, but generally, if your love interest wants to make it work as much as you do, then you have a chance.

Lonewing
    Platinum Member
    It's worth fighting only if your partner is willing to fight too. If they aren't willing to even try, there's nothign you can fight for except your own eventual defeat.

But if you believe in them, and believe in you, you CAN make things work out.

CorpseGrinder
    I feel that if you have to fight for someone to love you, then that person is not worth it.

charity
    agree. i would fight for love if it involved life circumstances, bad timing or other people etc. but if my partner has made a decision to not be with me anymore due to all these things then i wouldn't fight for it because i would respect their decision because that would be like trying to control their wants and needs and actions. i can only control my own, not another persons.

isitme

I would if both of us feel strongly about it. One sided is not worth it.

Batya33
    Platinum Member
    It's too broad a question- it depends what the fight is about. I wouldn't prioritize feelings of love over trying to get involved with someone married for example or someone who didn't want my major life goals (marriage and family). On the other hand my husband and I had obstacles to overcome in order to be together -geography/relocation/a past breakup. That "fight" was more than worth it!

Top Threads
Should I ruin my ex's life?
Should I just ruin his life? I have every single message that he sent me and I can just show it to his wife, but should I do that? He was still
I don't know what to do....
I'm gay and I met this guy through an app. From the very beginning me and him seemed to click very well. We just enjoyed talking to each other and
You are not alone, don't take yourself so seriously.
Love is like cocaine, and we can all go through the ups and downs. Try not to take yourself so seriously. Of course that can be more easily written
In Love with my best friend but she is now dating a bad boy
Been in love with my best friend for a few years now she has known since 2 years ago. She has been out of the country for those couple of years and
The other side of a crush
Hi everybody, This is my first time here. Sorry if it isn't exactly in the correct cathegory, but there are just so many! Anyway, I'll get this
Relationship Advice Please!
Hi everyone, I am a teenager, I live in a boarding school the only now has girls in my year that are in it. At the start of the school year, I met
GeT YoUr LOve BAcK BY VasHikarN 09915350045 Mumbai
GeT YoUr LOve BAcK BY VasHikarN 09915350045 MumbaiGeT YoUr LOve BAcK BY VasHikarN 09915350045 MumbaiGeT YoUr LOve BAcK BY VasHikarN 09915350045

online counseling
Featured Threads
Ugly pictures
We had a professional photographer come in at work. I used the photo and put it on my dating profile. But when my Roomie saw it,she said take it
Not being "too" available.
I posted a few days ago about the younger guy I've been dating for 6 months and how he doesn't want to use BG/GF labels. I got some great feedback
I am having difficulty accepting my boyfriends bisexuality for no reason
So here goes; the main reason why I got this account here is probably because I am so ashamed of myself and that because I am surrounded by either
relationship advice
hi... I'll start by saying i'm a guy, i just really needed a woman's point of view for this, so i hope you can help me! My mom is paying for my
Seeing ex tomorrow..so confused. Need advice!
Hi everyone. I'm really confused with my ex. Dated two years; he was very hurt by the breakup. He hasn't dated many people, and I was his first
Needing advice and/or support with ex girlfriend
Ok. Long story short... I ended up in a serious relationship with my best friend of 7 years. The last 3 years of which we were in a serious
I really need some advice and a outside opinion
I really don't know what to do ... My girlfriend and I have been dating for about a year now she is no longer attracted to me but tells me she loves
Ask For Advice