Is moving on the closing of the emotional connection, or ignoring it?

2 months NC - I still feel like I am always going to be emotionally connected with my ex girlfriend. I feel like if I picked up the phone and talked to her, that emotional connection would remain intact.

I'm trying to put the past behind me. Is letting go, moving on, and closing the door simply ignoring that connection? Or is it sealing it up so it can't be opened? If it's the latter, how do you do that?

Super mario.. Sometimes its not as simple as ignoring or sealing..

Sometimes in life you have to just deal with the situation, and move on..

If one day that connection comes back, or you guys meet somewhere, then you will get the connection back. The door will never be shut or sealed for ever! just let life take it's course..

where as i agree with wildcars i also believe you can try to shut out the connection, i tried by getting involved with someone 2 n half months after my bu and it didnt work, and also now since im letting time take its course, very very slowly that connection i had with her is fading into nothing....but to let it fade will take a hell of a long time for me, but not as long as if i block it out, cos that means its just blocked, and it still exists!

I was just reading Lucy1982's thread about her reconciliation. There was a post, an older one, asking about the same thing you are. It was kind of funny. The wording was something like "What is let go?" And it's a fantastic question. There was a reply, maybe you'll find it helpful. The reply was that letting go is accepting that whatever happens is the best thing. If you two get back together, that's best (assuming it's what you want). If she doesn't come back, then that is the best thing, because you'd only want to be in a relationship with someone who wants you like you want her. It's a win-win way of viewing the two basic outcomes, getting back together, or not.

I was just reading Lucy1982's thread about her reconciliation. There was a post, an older one, asking about the same thing you are. It was kind of funny. The wording was something like "What is let go?" And it's a fantastic question. There was a reply, maybe you'll find it helpful. The reply was that letting go is accepting that whatever happens is the best thing. If you two get back together, that's best (assuming it's what you want). If she doesn't come back, then that is the best thing, because you'd only want to be in a relationship with someone who wants you like you want her. It's a win-win way of viewing the two basic outcomes, getting back together, or not.

I like this....

Archived