How long does ovulation spotting last?

tattoobunnie

For the first time in my life, I have been spotting mid-cycle. My last period ended on March 6th (& it was super light unlike any other time), and on March 18th, I started spotting...very little and mostly noticeable when I use the bathroom, and maybe a spot here and there in between. Nothing like a regular period. I went to see my gynie on Monday, March 21st, and she said that it seems like I'm ovulating. I never heard such a thing, and she did confirm that it could last those number of days.

Now it's Friday, and I'm still lightly spotting. How long can it possibly last?

Thanks! Been scouring the websites for answers, but I know my enotalone peeps can give me a good answer.

Bleeding can be caused by many different reasons.

I have heard of bleeding during ovulation but i dont know how long that lasts. I'm guessing only 3-4 days?

Bleeding can also be a sign of a hormonal imbalance.

And bleeding can also mean implantion if you just conceived ("implantational bleeding")

You don't bleed from ovulation. You could spot from a burst cyst, however. But that shouldn't take a week. It could be a polyp, but again, even something like that wouldn't take a week.

Are you having any ovarian or pelvic pain? Any chance you're pregnant?

I would see a different GYN, as I wouldn't have any confidence in the one you have. Not to be an alarmist, but if I was spotting mid-cycle for a week, I would want an ultrasound and to be seen by someone who didn't dismiss my medical issue so lightly.

I've been through 4 GYNs in the past two years, some moved to a different practice, others have been on maternity leave. They are all experienced. The one who last saw me is my brother's bestfriend's wife, and is quite competent along with the practice's owner. The 1st day it started, I had some lower abdominal bloating, but that's it, went away the next day...no pain, nadda. No other noticeable symptoms, and no pregnancy symptoms. And it's not an infection or a UTI, the urine test didn't pick up on anything, nor did the pelvic exam.

My next period is due on the 5th of April. My gynie did say as long as I got it then, this could just be a fluke ovulation bleeding event, which is very common, though is reported to only last one day or two by most women. She said that it can last longer (when I saw her, it would have been 4 days at that point, but it's now been 8 days). Now, I am considering it to be implantation bleeding, though if it was, that'd put me at being 5 weeks prego. But by this point, I'm sure I would have at least one pregnancy symptom other than the super light spotting.

See, I heard that ovulation bleeding usually lasts 1 to 2 days, some have reported 5, though mine's at eight. I just wanna make sure I'm not alone on this yet...unless I get a blood test done (which I think is unneccessary since I have no other symptoms) to see if I'm prego, I guess I have to wait if I miss my next period.

I'm just posting to see what others may have experienced...this spotting is quite annoying...and I've never had done so before.

well I have had spotting between periods. This mostly happens when I am off the birth control pill because I have PCOS (hormonal imbalance). I would spot for 2 weeks! Now that I am on the pill again, I don't really spot. but actually i think it still happens here and there.

and then lately I had a problem with bleeding after sex. I went to my gyno and I have HPV that caused LSIL (mild dysplasia/ pre-cancerous cells) but she doesn't know if that would cause after-sex bleeding.

like I said, there are many causes of bleeding.

• 3 years later...
Bleeding can be caused by many different reasons.

I have heard of bleeding during ovulation but i dont know how long that lasts. I'm guessing only 3-4 days?

Bleeding can also be a sign of a hormonal imbalance.

And bleeding can also mean implantion if you just conceived ("implantational bleeding")

I am searching for this answer too. I started bleeding on my Ovulation day and its been a week n still I am Bleeding... first it was just thick n light n dark. Now it is liquidy heavy n red. I am not sure what it is.. Someone please help. And I am not using any pills. And waiting for a baby.

Archived